All teen and kid member reviews for Doc McStuffins

Kid, 10 years old July 5, 2013

good for little kids

This is a cartoon show about a girl who's about 5 or 6 who is a doctor to cuddly toys. The toys walk and talk and Doc McStuffins helps try to fix them. I would give it a 1 star (because I'm 10 and it's boring for me) but my 3-year old sister and lots of other kids would probably give it 5. So. Anyway the girl has her own toys they're a lamb who is a ballerina and a dragon who are in it all the time and a doll called Susie (which is my sister's name too) who is only in it sometimes. and some other toys but i don't know their names. Mostly she fixes different toys and sometimes her little brother's. they always sing the checkup song and at the end it has a health message. it is educational because she tells little kids about being healthy and other things and also she makes the kids feel good. and she has her dad and mum too her mum's a doctor too. the age would be 2 and a half - about 5 years old.
Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2012

The Doc is In!

This is one of the few shows to me that actually hold up. To me, RARELY does a preschool show entertain me and make me want more. This is that one exception. This is likley the 2nd best show on Disney Channel (Phineas and Ferb being the first, AND best show of all time), but I mainly like it because of Stuffy, the little blue dragon. Wonderful Show, Wonderful Characters, and best of all, they ACTUALLY portray Doc as a well shifted preschooler!
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2013

Amazing Show!

I think this show is very good for your kids to watch, especially if you want to open you're little one's eyes on education. My sisters, 5 and 7, are addicted to Doc McStuffins, they watch it all the time.
Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2013

DONT EVER WATCH

ANNOYING! Don't ever let a 6 year old watch
Teen, 14 years old Written bybakeranimator February 17, 2015

Eh...

I have many conflicting feelings about this show. It has a few good qualities that don't seem to outweigh its bad ones. The best thing about this show is definitely the concept, and no, I'm not talking about toys coming to life. I'm talking about the shows incredibly creative twist on teaching children to not be afraid of trips to the doctor. However, the show isn't TOO creative, meaning that it's different take on this lesson isn't so unrecognizable to what it's referencing that it becomes unrelatable to the target audience. For example, the message of not being afraid of needles is taught by having a soccer ball being afraid of getting pumped up. Kids can still relate to what the soccer ball is going through. The best thing about this however, is that this can also teach kids how to make connections with characters. Unfortunately, that is the only thing this show does COMPLETELY right. Everything else is only done partially correctly. One of these aspects is the voice acting. The voice acting is pretty decent for the most part, I feel some of the best comes from our main group of toys (Stuffy, Hallie, and the Wicked King come to mind.) However, there are also many bad voice actors, such as that of Mr. Mcstuffins, and Doc herself. Mr. Mcstuffins is bland enough of a character as it is, but part of that is due to how the voice actor puts absolutely no emotion or personality into the character, he sort of just says his lines like a casual person telling a story. Doc on the other hand isn't quite as bad as Mr. Mcstuffins, but half of her dialogue comes out sounding VERY awkward and unnatural. The animation is mediocre, even by television standards for CGI. The character movements are often very stiff and awkward, especially on the humans. The songs are pretty meh, I mean, not the songs they sing every episode like the "Time for your check-up song" or the "I feel better song." I'm talking about the songs that are written for the episode. They are really bad. The lyrics often follow a basic ABCB rhyme scheme, or just repeat lyrics over and over again, or both. They do almost nothing to further the plot, and sometimes feel like a desperate attempt to pad the episode out so it hits 11 minutes. The writing is decent by preschool show standards, but it doesn't do anything special. I mean, there are a few exceptions. The writers occasionally throw in a decent joke, such as one episode where Doc diagnoses a water sprayer toy with a king toy inside of it with "Tummy ala King." However, the writing can get really bad sometimes. For instance, out of nowhere Lamby starts exhibiting strange behaviors in which she's obsessing about having a mermaid toy as a friend. You just have to see the episode to understand how strange this is, but trust me, it it just... weird, to say the least. All in all, Doc Mcstuffins, despite its flaws, is still an okay pick for kids. I mean, most of the problems I have are things young children won't care about, but still, I wish the showrunners would put just the tiniest bit more effort into this show. Unfortunately, the show falls just short of being a top pick for kids in my book.
Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2012

Great show for little kids to watch

This is such a great show for little kids to watch! It is very educational, although probably not as educational as "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse." It teaches good lessons about taking care of yourself and your family and much more! At the same time, it is very enjoyable.
Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2014

Great

It may be odd that a girl my age likes this but it's a great for the whole family.
Kid, 7 years old April 6, 2012

Good for 4 to 7

You know that theres disney junior plus? this is girly and fun its a girl talking to toys and fixing them when they need help this is 4 to 7 i actally like it! thats the only baby tv show i like so does my older sister! and my younger brother! so cute! show!
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2015

Great, But Annoying Music

This is a great show for a pre-schooler to watch. There's music, great role-models, fun characters, and Stuffy. I believe all of these factors put together you have a great T.V. show that doesn't disappoint. The only reason I didn't choose this as a 2+ show is because, Doc doesn't reveal to her family that her stuffed animals speak.
Kid, 10 years old November 24, 2014

Cute, imaginative show for little kids and toddlers

This semi-magical animated TV series is cute and classic for little kids. The imaginative urgency with the "patients" and the whole theory of bringing the toys to life is very entertaining to watch. With some sort of musical number and always a life lesson, this is a wonderful show. Well done, Disney Junior! :-)
Kid, 11 years old July 28, 2014

Cute little show!

My cousin has memorized the theme song and always sings-along when this show comes on. She always wants a doctor toy kit for the holidays or her birthday.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTeenagersRock July 16, 2014

For ages 3-6 1/2, this show is great. There's no sex, violence, drugs/drinking/smoking, language, or consumerism. If it were me, I'd rate this 1 star, (since I'm 17). Doc is a girl who is about five yrs. old and fixes toys. If you have little ones, choose this show!!
Kid, 8 years old May 18, 2014

my little sister sais that its good for learning.
Kid, 10 years old March 22, 2014

...Terrible

There is nothing sexual, no violence (unless toy boxing kangaroos count as violence), no profanity, no drugs/drinking/smoking or anything else but the show itself is boring and terrible. A lot of the Disney Junior shows are entertaining - Sofia the First for girls is the best thing that has ever happened on this earth and Jake and The Neverland Pirates for both genders is good as well. Hallie and Chilly are sometimes funny but Doc always ruins it. It is a badly written show. Oh yes, and I have a question. Does Doc actually have a medical licence? What if a toy sues her for malpractice? Never thought of that did you Disney this show could have been great but it is just poorly written, everything else on Disney Junior is entertaining, funny and educational though.
Kid, 10 years old February 23, 2014

Good show, very educational and positive but the songs are very annoying and seem to go on forever which can make kids who don't like the songs, very impatient because they want the show to get on with the story line. It does however give very good hygiene and caring for your body advice. Learning - 3/5 (Good)
Kid, 11 years old March 3, 2013

Don't Mind if This show is On

My first ever review. My sister loves this show! Best preschool tv show! Thats Why I don't mind when my sis watches this show
Teen, 13 years old Written byayanna1012 September 24, 2012

idk

i think this is a good movie