All member reviews for Doc McStuffins

Excellent preschool series has positive messages for kids.

Kid, 12 years old June 28, 2016
This is probably a very different review than any others you would get from a 12 year old for this show. I don't have any younger siblings, just older. I've been watching this since I was 7 or so. It's one of my favorite shows. Who cares if it's meant for 4 year olds? I absolutely love it, it makes me laugh, and that's all that matters. It really does speak about great lessons to learn for younger kids, and it's entertaining and funny for older kids. And if you're an older kid reading this, watch this show because at least it's better than most Disney shows like Austin and Ally or Jessie or something like that.
Parent Written byBrendaNL80 October 20, 2015

Great role model!

I love the show and my nearly 4 year old daughter loves it too. It's rare to have a black female lead character in cartoons and animations that is the protagonist and drives the action not as part of a bigger team. Doc is such a great role model for young kids . My daughters are of mixed heritage and I love that they can see themselves represented in Doc, who looks like my daughter! She is a doctor to her pets, inspired by her mother who is also a doctor. She has a great relationship with her brother Donnie and takes great care of her toys. Lots of to stimulate discussion about health, caring, new siblings, looking after toys and people. A+ There is consumerism around, not in the show, as Disney markets lots of merchandise for the show everywhere!
Parent Written bywatchdog_mama August 14, 2015

Absolute best show I've found for my daughter, and her big brother loves it, too!

I can't say enough great things about this show. It's absolutely perfect for my family, especially my young daughter. My daughter loves all things girly-girl and she's already an amazing little nurturer -- she is three, already she is very tuned in to the feelings of people around her, and nothing makes her happier than trying to help those in need. Doc McStuffins is such a wonderful role model for her. Doc is smart, but also very loving. She fixes toys' problems AND knows how to make them feel better. She shows great leadership traits as she helps the toy characters solve problems. Each challenge she faces requires real skills - toy repair, knowledge of health, an understanding of how people should behave toward one another - rather than something abstract, like magic or "just being myself." (I'm looking at you, Sofia the First.) Valuable side benefits of this show include helping my kids feel comfortable at the doctor's office, giving them knowledge of basic health, and making them think of toys as assets to be cared for and repaired when broken. I also really appreciate that the toys featured in the show's episodes are generic toys that could be lying around any playroom, with a good mix of gender-neutral, girly, and boyish items (i.e., Doc is just as likely to be helping out a toy princess as she is a dump truck), giving this show wide appeal. While this show is my daughter's favorite, my kindergarten-aged son gets very absorbed in these episodes as well. I love that there's a positive show they both want to watch together, and it's great for my son to admire a cool girl main character. We started watching this show when my kids were 2.5 and 4, after our pediatrician (a mom of three!) recommended it, and we still love it now that the kids are 3 and 5.5. I rated it for ages three and up, but for the right kid (my daughter!!), I think this show will educate and inspire two-year-olds as well.
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2015

Great, But Annoying Music

This is a great show for a pre-schooler to watch. There's music, great role-models, fun characters, and Stuffy. I believe all of these factors put together you have a great T.V. show that doesn't disappoint. The only reason I didn't choose this as a 2+ show is because, Doc doesn't reveal to her family that her stuffed animals speak.
Parent of an infant year old Written bysarrah.prentice83 January 4, 2015

A Serious Doc McStuffins Fan

Hello, I just wanted to share the impact this show has had on my son! His name is James and he is 6 Months old. He has digestive issues that makes eating, sleeping and diaper changing painful for him. He cries a lot from the pain and being uncomfortable. As soon as I turn on your show at home or CD in the car he immediately stops crying and is at ease. People don't believe me when I tell them he literally stops mid-cry and listens/watches. It's like someone threw a whammy on him! He has actually gone to sleep without screaming and can eat Baby food despite how uncomfortable he is because the Doc McStuffins show / music is on. The YouTube link below is the video of him in the car as he started to cry and I turned on the Doc McStuffins album! As a mother I can't explain how frustrating it is to try to hold your child, walk them around to comfort him when he is in pain and nothing works. You've saved my sanity and comforted a child who experiences a lot of chronic pain. He even bounces in his bouncer when the show comes on! It's priceless to see my child calm, comforted and actually energized and happy! Enjoy the videos and thank you again for sharing your wonderful gift! From a touched Mother & child, Sarrah & James James in the Exersaucer watching Disney Junior Doc McStuffins about to cone on: http://youtu.be/7jOIa8mdNOg In the car Doc McStuffins saves the day! A Serious Doc McStuffins Fan: http://youtu.be/L6kxfP143zI (We even take it in the store with us, keeps him happy and gets the other kids in the store going! LOL)
Kid, 10 years old November 24, 2014

Cute, imaginative show for little kids and toddlers

This semi-magical animated TV series is cute and classic for little kids. The imaginative urgency with the "patients" and the whole theory of bringing the toys to life is very entertaining to watch. With some sort of musical number and always a life lesson, this is a wonderful show. Well done, Disney Junior! :-)
Parent Written bybrittanyd1 November 12, 2014

my two boys love doc!

She's great!
Parent Written bycrystall1 September 20, 2014
Some shows say they're for kids and they're not! I always make a point to watch shows with my children and this show is at the top of my list. Great role models for children of any color! Great music, too! The best part is that doctor's visits are much easier now. She climbs write upon the table and says, "I'm ready!".
Kid, 11 years old July 28, 2014

Cute little show!

My cousin has memorized the theme song and always sings-along when this show comes on. She always wants a doctor toy kit for the holidays or her birthday.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTeenagersRock July 16, 2014
For ages 3-6 1/2, this show is great. There's no sex, violence, drugs/drinking/smoking, language, or consumerism. If it were me, I'd rate this 1 star, (since I'm 17). Doc is a girl who is about five yrs. old and fixes toys. If you have little ones, choose this show!!
Kid, 8 years old May 18, 2014
my little sister sais that its good for learning.
Kid, 10 years old March 22, 2014

...Terrible

There is nothing sexual, no violence (unless toy boxing kangaroos count as violence), no profanity, no drugs/drinking/smoking or anything else but the show itself is boring and terrible. A lot of the Disney Junior shows are entertaining - Sofia the First for girls is the best thing that has ever happened on this earth and Jake and The Neverland Pirates for both genders is good as well. Hallie and Chilly are sometimes funny but Doc always ruins it. It is a badly written show. Oh yes, and I have a question. Does Doc actually have a medical licence? What if a toy sues her for malpractice? Never thought of that did you Disney this show could have been great but it is just poorly written, everything else on Disney Junior is entertaining, funny and educational though.
Kid, 10 years old February 23, 2014
Good show, very educational and positive but the songs are very annoying and seem to go on forever which can make kids who don't like the songs, very impatient because they want the show to get on with the story line. It does however give very good hygiene and caring for your body advice. Learning - 3/5 (Good)
Kid, 11 years old March 3, 2013

Don't Mind if This show is On

My first ever review. My sister loves this show! Best preschool tv show! Thats Why I don't mind when my sis watches this show
Parent of a 5 year old Written byHintertreppe February 5, 2013

The Doc is OK

Teen, 13 years old Written byayanna1012 September 24, 2012

idk

i think this is a good movie
Parent of an infant, 3, 5, and 5 year old Written byFowlerFan May 5, 2012

Standard Kids Fare

This is your standard fare for little kids. No bad language, no violence, nothing to worry about. A definite 'put on and walk away' kind of show. I don't think it's any better than other shows of a similar genre, mind you.