Long-running British sci-fi series still thrills fans.

Teen, 17 years old Written byhxc May 18, 2013

(Y)

no-one should be stopped from watching doctor who. nothing but goodness.
Teen, 14 years old Written byiantojonescoffeeclub May 5, 2013

Coffeeboy505 review

its ok for you kids they just wouldn't get it. There are a few ify characters and have a few LGBT characters but all in all its fine
Teen, 14 years old Written bymaycollins May 2, 2013

Most amazing show ever! Don't skip Christopher Eccleston!

I first watched this show over my mother's shoulder when I was 7 years old. Now, it is my favorite show. This says a lot, that a show has such a wide reach, from 4 years olds to 40 year olds, Doctor Who appeals to everyone. The adventures are interesting, but the best part is the Doctor's relationships with people. With every new doctor and every new companion, the dynamic changes, and it's great to see what effects different people have on him. It's just amazing.
Kid, 12 years old April 29, 2013

This show should have a warning label: addictive

This is the most addictive show ever period. The fantastic sci-fi series is filled with fun thats out of this world!!! It has an older series that started a little before "star trek", and stopped for a few years. then BBC picked the show back up in 2005, and it is still popular and they are currently filming new episodes. You can find both the newer and older doctor who's on netflix. The show is about a time traveling time lord named the doctor, who often travels with human women as his companions. Some romance will be included. In the newer ones the doctor is the last time lord. He is protector of the world, and often bravely battles aliens who try to harm the earth. This show is epic!!! Words cannot even describe how awesome this show is. So get ready to watch! Geronimo!
Teen, 14 years old Written byHarmolina April 24, 2013

Probably the best series I've ever watched!

This is my absolute favorite television series! I love doctor who and I recommend it to everyone. It can be a bit hard to understand and maybe be a little scary for kids under ten. This is a series for all ages over ten, including adults of all ages.
Kid, 10 years old April 21, 2013

Doctor who is the best

This is the most addictive thing ever
Kid, 12 years old April 9, 2013

Doctor Who: An Epic Adventure Across Space and Time

This show is amazing! In case you need to need to know, this is a family show from the UK. It's very clean. I mean the word hell shows up shows up some times and in the entire series the worse language used is d**n. So don't worry! Get a sonic screwdriver and a robotic dog and enjoy!
Teen, 16 years old Written bywhile07 April 4, 2013

The best

The single most best programme ever. End of.
Teen, 13 years old Written byUnicornGirl March 30, 2013

AMAZING SHOW

Awesome show for kids and adults! Some scary monsters. One species snaps necks in the dark. Action and adventure combine into my favorite show ever!
Kid, 10 years old March 25, 2013

Should you watch Doctor Who?

Doctor Who is the BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Doctor is an amazing character who always has, I quote, "...a thing, it's like a plan, only with more greatness." He is very funny, and so are his companions. Now here's how you know if you should watch it. Answer these questions. You should watch this show if: 1. You are 8+ 2. You enjoy sci-fi 3. You like time traveling aliens 4. And you are interested in machines that are bigger on the inside. If you like 1 thing out of 4 things, I doubt you would enjoy it If you like 2 out of 4 things, you might enjoy it If you like 3 out of 4 things, you will enjoy it And If you like all of them you will LOVE it (like me)
Kid, 8 years old March 24, 2013

Doctor who review

I think that doctor who is suitable for 8+ because if baby's watch it they will be scared
Teen, 16 years old Written byBigSisterForAlways March 15, 2013

Watch Out For Jack

Just warning for parents who are more conservative. I really love The Doctor, but there is one character (Captain Jack Harkness). He will flirt with anyone be they man, woman or alien.
Kid, 10 years old February 15, 2013

Fantasticly Amazingly Brilliant!

Great show I watch it all the time, my favorite actors are David Tennant and Matt Smith. There is a lot of cursing such as; the H word and the D word. Also a lot of flirting and kissing. Steven Moffat eps are scary. Do not watch Blink, Fear Her, Time of the Angels, Flesh and Stone, The Lodger, and Night Terrors. The Family of Blood, The Impossible Astronaut, and Day of the moon can also give you the creeps. Especially watch out for Blink and Night Terrors though.
Teen, 17 years old Written bytolkien geek mi February 15, 2013

Esoterically Pleasing

A great show for tweens and older Doctor Who has phenomenal role models and only minimal issues. The villains are campy, though occasionally creepy and, get this the couple is actually married! The Doctor is devoted to protecting the innocent and his pleasant, droll nerdy-ness will entice older viewers. Occasional innuendo and mild profanity are sprinkled throughout, so young children beware. Doctor Who can be esoteric so it may be more interesting to children around 14 and older, though appropriate for those younger.
Kid, 12 years old February 5, 2013

AWESOME

MY FAVORITE SHOW!!!!!!! SEEN EVERY EPISODE! doctor who is amazing! there are some bloody scenes and creepy characters, and the doctor had many romantic, kissing moments with characters such as rose, martha, donna, and amy. Characters curse occasionally, but the doctor and his companions are very brave and great role models. SPOILER ALERT kids may get upset when rose "dies" or gets sent to an alternent universe, and other characters come and go (some characters minor and major get killed). but all together doctor who is amazing. Hope this was helpful!
Teen, 13 years old Written byRubyRocks February 3, 2013

Absolutely Mind Blowing! Fantastic!!!

in 1 word doctor who is... mind-blowing. Fantastic. Amazing. Superb... It is a sci-fi tv show based on an alien, who looks like a human, from space called the doctor. The doctor and his companion (for the first two series Rose Tyler) travel across space and time on the doctors time travel machine, the TARDIS. Violence: The main reason I rate this 12 and up is because of many if the scary scenes. Deaths are shown whether by extermination, shooting or electrifying, yet not in explicit detail. Sexual content: Nothing much besides for a couple of short kisses and a few flirting phrases like 'There's a strange man in my bedroom and I'm in my dressing gown. Anything can happen.' or 'Oops, you have wine on your shirt. Go and take it off.' Drinking: Nothing more then the doctor pretending to be drunk, or some people drinking wine. Language: None.
Teen, 17 years old Written byPoetic Ramblings January 28, 2013

Brilliant

As long as your children aren't scared by the monsters, this is good for any age. I couldn't watch some of the scarier episodes (like the Empty Child) until I was 12, but I was a very fearful child.
Kid, 11 years old January 24, 2013

Doctor who

Love this tv series its the best you should watch it!
Teen, 16 years old Written byhappyginger January 16, 2013

Bowties are Cool

I started watching Doctor Who because my friend told me, "It's literally about an alien who travels space and time in a blue box." And what's not to love? The Doctor is a 900 year old lonely time lord who travels the galaxy helping people, sometimes with his friends, or "companions". An addictive show, and definitely one of my favorites. Parents should know it can be scary, and younger children might not understand it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byeverthesame13 January 12, 2013

Doctor Who is an intense, amazing show.

I absolutely completely adore this show. It's thought-provoking, fascinating and - quite honestly - nerdy. It's hilarious at points, tear jerking and so alien. It really makes you wonder about what is really out there and how much we have left to learn. The TARDIS and Gallifrey (The Doctor's planet) are such interesting concepts; so is The Doctor himself. He reveals enough that you love him, but says so little about his past that he is mysterious. Overall, The Doctor is an excellent role model, traveling through time and space always getting in the middle of a dilemma but always somehow using his wit (and his sonic screwdriver) to save the day. The Doctor can be hilarious and witty, lonely and sad, angry and determined; he is amazingly animated. He could go anywhere in the universe, but he always comes back to Earth and his beloved humans. He is very relatable in some ways in his emotions and you really feel for him (right in the feels). It can be a very emotional show. The only possible reason I can think of for a child not to watch it is that some of the aliens are pretty freaky. I mean, I watch this with my six year old brother who loves the show, but he has a high tolerance for scary things. It really depends on how well your child reacts to frightening things. Other than that, the show encourages higher thinking, non-violent solutions to problems and witty adventure.