All member reviews for Doctor Who

Long-running British sci-fi series still thrills fans.

Adult Written byCbooth73 July 19, 2010

Great for the family!

Not as good as the last doctor but still entertaining. If you're kid likes scifi then this is a great show for them, wonderful role model, and nothing explicit.
Adult Written byGracesbigsis July 14, 2010

May be too scary for little kids but a great family show

This is my favorite TV show of all time. I can't say enough good things about it. It's not bloody at all. The characters are fascinating and sometimes mysterious. The stories are some of the best I've ever seen. My only concern would be that some of the monsters are a bit scary for young viewers. My little brother, who's almost 12, had nightmares after seeing episodes with the Weeping Angels but was fine with monsters like the Daleks or Slitheen. It depends on your kids, really. Fortunately, you can take a deep breath and relax, there is very little questionable content. There's a reason it's the longest running sci fi series. It's witty, charming, and creative. An adventure for the whole family.
Kid, 10 years old June 30, 2010

The age changes through out different episodes like in one episode there is sueiside and in a few there is some blood and gore. The doctor usally lets one person get killed and save everyone else. The doctors have been getting more violent as they go on but some of the older ones have some mild language like in the murderer one the enemy says d--n and what the h--l is also said too. If you are verry conserned about violent or language don't let kids under 12 watch it.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byBynLeth June 23, 2010

The best show on TV!

Love it! The Doctor embodies the principles of fair play, coming to understandings by talking things out, caring about his companions and people in general (and not just humans!), and self-sacrifice. But it's not preachy, it's fun, without talking down to kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydoctorwhoplusca... May 25, 2010

doctor who rules

i love this show my dad told me about it because he loved it as a kid and i am so dissopionted that netflix only has up to the forth season
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoosycakes May 23, 2010

Doctor Who is the only show I watch =3

I find it rather strange that a classic like Doctor Who gets only three stars, the same rating as CSM gives stupid reality shows like Four Weddings. There is a reason that this show holds the record for the longest running TV show! I also think that some of the monsters could be a bit scary for small children, especially the Weeping Angels.
Kid, 11 years old May 21, 2010

BEST THING EVeR Is DocTOr WHo!!

LOVE it! Best Show EVER!! EVER!! It can be scary sometimes and sad. But BRILL! The new series(2010) is the best. It's Funny it's Scary ( in a good way) it's exciting it's dramatic It's GOGOGO DR WHO I REALLY REALLY LOVE YOU!! Lol...I think I'm addicted. Dr who confidential is good too because it goes behind the scenes and the actors are Hilarious! Yup DOCTOR WHO MAD!!!!
Adult Written bysalibat May 12, 2010

Perfect for anyone 9 and up who likes sci-fi!

I think it is one of the best t.v shows ever! It has great action, cool aliens and lots of exciting twists and turns. If it's ever on, watch it (this does not include the ones form the 60's-90's).
Teen, 13 years old Written byspaceface May 9, 2010

It is excellent, I especially advise the second and fifth new series! The characters are funny, passionate and just crazy! :D I advise you watch people! It is fun and makes you smile.
Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2010

Amazing show: a must-see for everyone!

First, let me say this: Doctor Who is my absolute FAVORITE TV show of all time. Hands-down. The plot is ingenious, the acting is wonderful as always, and the writers behind the scenes are true sci-fi geniuses. Now. Onto the actual review. Doctor Who varies in appropriate content for the young 'uns. The earlier 'classic series' episodes are clean, slightly cheesy fun for the whole family. The newer ones, however (I'm talking the Matt Smith years - the episodes airing on BBCAmerica right now) have some 'questionable' content. Mainly, innuendo. In one of the episodes, Amy does her best to seduce the Doctor (but fails) and River Song's appearance is usually accompanied by some mild innuendo as well. On the violence side, most of the episodes are fine for kids 11 and under, with only a few exceptions: The Empty Child (from the Eccleston years, aka 'season 1...it frightened many a member of my family), and of course, Blink (from season 3), the latter of which was so scary that even I, a 13 year old at the time, had to sleep with the covers over my head for a few nights. But, as CrazySense so accurately put, on some occasions the scariest 'monster' is the Doctor himself - the final days of Tennant (the 10th doctor) showed us his darker side in the Waters Of Mars (one of the best episodes done by him, as well as both parts of EOT - 10's last words and his desperation to stay alive as well as his expression when he finds that that is no longer possible continue to jerk tears from my eyes, even after I've seen it numerous times) and even Matt Smith has his moments when we begin to wonder what exactly is going on in his head at times. But, to summarize things, DW is a cultural icon in Britain and I can understand why: it is one of the most ingenious and innovative show that I've ever seen and I would recommend it for kids 12 and up! Allon-sy! Bowties are cool!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMissBlackShadow February 14, 2010

Perfect Family TV Show

Call me a nerd, call me a sci-fi geek, or call me just plain weird, and you'd probably be right, but I just can't help it. Doctor Who is, and always has been, one of my favourite TV shows. The Doctor is the perfect role model: He's opposed to violence, he's smart, he's funny, yet he still sometimes screws up and makes mistakes. Although my 5-year-old cousin loves this show, I think it might be a tad too scary for those younger than 7 or 8. Sometimes there are slightly suggestive innuendos, but most of them sail over kids' heads. All in all, Doctor Who is the perfect family TV show, and is generally perfect for all ages.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybrookeyrooney February 11, 2010

LOVE IT! Great message, great people, and soo much fun!!!

Doctor Who is my all time favorite show there is, and that's saying a lot!It has some action, some of the alien creature can be a bit scary for younger kids, and the Doctor does grow "found" of some of his companions! It is really mild, though! Language is good. Made up words are involved, which me and my sisters love memorizing! The values and morals are great: bravery, kindness, compassion, understanding, truthfulness, good over evil, and using wits rather than fighting to come out on top! David Tennant is an amazing actor, and I HIGHLY recommend Doctor Who! It is my favorite show! I absolutley love it!
Kid, 12 years old January 25, 2010

Anyone 10+ that likes si-fi

Doctor Who is my favourite TV series! In most of the episodes, the doctor does kiss a human. Sometimes there is fighting, and some of the episodes can be quite nerve racking. I would recomend this for any 10 or older
Parent of a 11 year old Written byGeekMum January 23, 2010

OK for all ages if you take precautions and know their limits

Perfect for all, unless the littlies are prone to bad nightmares - healthy scares are OK. We started my son on it at age 7, but I knew the series of old, so let him watch the first episode in daylight, with nibbles and cakes so I could distract him if he got spooked. I think that's better than missing out on it altogether. He's now 11 and prefers watching it in the evening with the lights low for maximum spookage! The Doctor always values talking your way out of trouble over fighting. No swearing (or at least made up words if so). The right kind of scary.
Kid, 10 years old January 8, 2010

creepy creatures

I love this show me and my dad watch it. occasionaly its violent other times its cool
Kid, 11 years old January 3, 2010

just some words

it is the best! sometime its to sceary but it is exelent
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2009

One of the best shows left on tv

There is nothing slightly silly about the Doctor. It is an intellectually worthy program with wit, creative story lines, and quality acting.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrainpuddle December 28, 2009

You need to watch this

Ok, this is my fav show and i'm slightly obsessed. The Doctor does not blow up the aliens he cares deeply about them and if he does you can see the pain in his face. Every season or so there is a new companion for example Sarah Jane 4th doctor's companion,i think, Rose 9th and 10th Doctor's companion, Martha Jones 10th doctor, Donna Noble 10th doctor. If you already are a fan or havn't seen it you have to see the episode silence in the library. My fav doctor is David Tennant, so sad he is leaving :( But the new season has just started so yay! K9 is awesome. There are many loved villans as well including the Darlex and the Master. There is not a think i don't knowabout this show!
Kid, 10 years old December 27, 2009

Good For Ages 9 and Maybe 8

A very good show, doctor who is a good role model because he helps people who are in need. Sometimes he can be a little cruel but most of the time he is very good. I don't think there is any concern because there is barely any kissing in this, there is some violence but not too much, barely any language, and barely any drinking or smoking. I think this is a perfect family show if the kids are about 9 or 8
Kid, 9 years old December 26, 2009

Fun to watch.

Blowing-up aliens if enjoyable, but there is some scary scenes, mass-killing is produced a lot!