All member reviews for Dog with a Blog

Kid, 11 years old February 21, 2013

This Is What Disney Should Be Known For

This show has genuine educational value. All of my friends and I watch this. If you want to see a show that is seriously pointless besides entertaining watch like someone else suggested "Marvin Marvin." This is a great show that people underestimate. The good shows get all the hate. "Shake It Up" is destined to have a spin-off and blow up the Internet for example. This is a refreshing change from the new faces (though I love all stars on Disney.) It has an all star cast!
Kid, 11 years old February 13, 2013

try it

i think it has a lot of educational value because it show how family helps each other and it is a great show i will allow my kid to sit and watch it for hours.i love the show it has interesting and fun lessons and it is great to sit down and watch
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. King December 20, 2012

This show reeks of dog breath!

This is a very boring sitcom,with very little intelligence! I'm too ashamed of this show to continue this review!
Kid, 10 years old December 12, 2012

Funny and entertaining

Omg! I love the show so much! The problems are random ( which I love),Chloe is SO funny, and Avery is funny and smart.The parents are.......... strange. Overall, the show is the best.
Teen, 14 years old Written byklmd07 November 23, 2012

Disney? Are you there?

This show is great for positive messages and great examples of teamwork, but if you're looking for a show to have a good laugh with, you've come to the wrong place
Kid, 11 years old October 31, 2012

good and bad !

i agree that this is again the same boring thing but, look at the bright side this show is giving knowledge about shelters and i did n 't know about that and abot the show, its amazing ! but maybe the languae is...... a little bad!
Kid, 10 years old January 16, 2015

dog with a blog is amazing

I think dog with a blog is a very funny family comedy about 3 kids who get a talking dog and learn many lessons along the way being with Stan their talking dog.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycyberboy5red January 6, 2015

Makes for an okay show

but it's basically just Drake & Josh, if they had a talking pet. Overall, good show.
Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2015

The Best Disney Channel TV Show!!!!!!!!!!

I think Dog With a Blog is such a great show. There is not really many inappropriate things in it. Yes, the family fights every once in a while, but I have seen most of the episodes and they always forgive each other in the end. This show always makes me laugh and it tells a great story too. My cousins watch Dog With a Blog and they are very young. So in my opinion Dog With a Blog is a great Show and you should definitely watch it!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDanmiester January 3, 2015

Um how does this dog know how to use the internet

This dog is not smart like at all. And how do they not hear this dog banging on a keyboard.
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2014

Just Don't Watch It.

The talking dog "Stan" is crudely animated and the acting by the humans is horrible. Originality? Forget it - this show just recycles love triangles & cliches. Potty humour? Plenty!
Kid, 12 years old October 8, 2014

I think this is a great tv show for kids they will love the talking dog there is also a few life lessons they could learn from this show
Teen, 14 years old Written byPrequelHater878 September 10, 2014

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT WATCHING THIS SHOW

This show is a very stupid idea, so many plot holes that it gives the ending of the 1st Superman movie a run for its money, jokes that do not work, and the blog. I know it's for kids, but after seeing shows like Gravity Falls, I expect more.
Teen, 14 years old Written by101Dalmatians September 6, 2014

It has no Disney Spark

There is no spark. There is no comedy just reused jokes mixed with life lessons.
Kid, 0 years old August 6, 2014

Dumb show

The dog just tells fart jokes while everyone laughs like he is the most funny thing on earth he is stupid annoying they overact the parts and try to hard to be funny they play the laugh track a lot nothing even be funny about it. Little fan girls who are five,six, or seven would enjoy this but people who have a life and have sense would hate this.
Kid, 10 years old July 14, 2014

one of the better disney shows

Its a good Disney show. Avery is good role model for kids she usally does the right thing ahe is caring and a good freind. Tyler is very dumb he doesn't like school he is a bad roll model for kids he usally does the wrong thing he is the oldest and sometimes gets Avery to do what he suggests. Chloe is young cute she usally chooses someons opinion than choosing what she wants to do. the perants are made fun of in every episode. they will do anything to protect stan the talking dog . The newer shows are more about dating but still get a positive message in it.
Kid, 9 years old June 27, 2014

Not good and boring concept...

Im gonna review honestly... Ok... this does NOT deserve to be called DOG WITH A BLOG! It should be called AVERY'S ANNOYING LITTLE PROBLEMS. Thank you and have a good day. :D Plus they worry about Stan TOO MUCH and it has a bit too much money problems...
Teen, 15 years old Written byJustCarla June 9, 2014

Another cringe-worthy, cheesy, unintelligent, unoriginal Disney show

Take away the talking dog (which, besides how ridiculous that is, is the only decent thing in this show), and you'll find that Dog with a Blog offers absolutely nothing new, especially because it is exactly like all of Disney Channel's last shows. They didn't even bother to think of new personalities for the main characters, because, as always, the family that this show revolves around features two parents that never seemed to leave high school (or rather, Disney's take on high school, because they can never seem to get it darn right); an older brother so childish and so dumb, it is astonishing that no one worries about it, but who is surprisingly charming around cute girls that never make it to a second episode; the main character, the middle sister, who is a smart, pretty, mature girl who never gets anything wrong, and that is so strongly idealized it hurts; and the little sister, who is without fail surprisingly smart for her age (often smarter than the oldest brother) and way too sassy (and in this case, wearing way too much makeup). With a couple of changes, you've got the formula that DC has been using for a few years now. And it is a formula that makes Avery, the idealized protagonist, very hard to relate to, but more of that in a second. I understand that this is Disney and that, therefore, one of their goals is to spread good messages through heart-felt, sentimental scenes about the main character talking to her parents about her feelings. But this show does that so forcefully it's hard to look at and not cringe in second-hand embarrassment. And it does it so often, too! Ugh, while watching it with my 10-year-old sister who still refuses to believe anything made by Disney could be bad, I have to sit through minutes of plastic, badly-acted, sappy scenes that depict teenage relationships with their friends and family in a painfully unrealistic way. Even thinking about those as I write this annoys me. Now, why do I find Avery, the smart, mature teenager so hard to relate to? First of all, because it's hard to take her seriously, acting like an adult, but looking like a 12/13-year-old wearing too much makeup (yeah, but let's ignore the excess of makeup. You'll find that in every show you watch, no matter what channel). If Disney is so determined to make shows about teenagers, they may as well choose an actress that looks like one. Second of all, because NO teenager EVER acts like that! And no, I'm not denying that there are responsible, mature teenagers out there. There definitely are. But she acts like a 30-year-old. She acts the way her parents should act. As you see, this character has age issues. And that is one thing that Nickelodeon does a lot better than Disney Channel. Choosing teenagers as their protagonists, but making them realistic and believable, despite the fact that teenagers often act in ways and talk about subjects that could be inappropriate, considering they're both channels that target children. But the secret that Nick got and DC didn't is that you can just take away those and the essence of the teenager will not be lost; you don't have to make your teenagers act like either children or adults. Avery doesn't even dress in a realistic way. Who dresses like a suburban mom to go to high school? Save your children and siblings the trouble of watching a bad show.
Teen, 14 years old Written byilikepie367 June 3, 2014

2 questions....

I have 2 questions about this show 1) What is wrong with these people? 2) Why does that dog have a weird poodle obsession?
Teen, 14 years old Written byorangeash1 June 2, 2014

Not the

The show is about the dog. That's what bothers me. I don't like that the whole story is centered on the dog. The dog is