Preschoolers will love Dora's ongoing adventures.

Parent of an infant and 2 year old Written byshamrockgrl74 April 9, 2008
I will not let my 3 year old watch this show. There are much better educational shows on TV. Dora has horrible manners - Yelling, telling others what to do. SHe knows of Dora thru all the items in the stores. You can't get away from it, but she has never seen a show.
Kid, 8 years old September 18, 2010
Once kids are 6, they will start to hate Dora, but perfect for 2-5 year olds! Nice animation for babies, but sometimes Swiper steals stuff, which is innapropriate. Second, going on an adventure without asking mom? Wow...Should have been canceled after the 2nd episode.

Bad Show!

Here are reasons you shoudent let ur children watch this show- 1. Dora screams at people, and tells people what to do. Exact opposite of what you want a young child to be learning. 2.Dora is not educational in any way what so ever! She cant teach spanish by saying 'bien!' or 'hola!' They include talking stars and animals, and rainclouds! Thats not right! 3. Dora likes to scare young viewers. My little cousin doesnt like this show because it includes an evil troll who tells dora 'im gonna get ya! Im gonna get ya!' 4. Last, but NOT least, they include stealing in every episode. From swiper the swiping fox, and from dora, who steals something from an enemy. So parents, face it. Is this what you want your young children watching and learnig? Yelling, Screaming, being bossy,talking earth, scary trolls and thunder and bulls, and stealing? If your letting your kid watch this, go the other way, and watch Blues Clues!
Teen, 14 years old Written byilovecookiez April 15, 2011

Oh please guys, grow up.

Grow up guys! The only reason you hate this is because you grew out of it! This show is very educational. I mean, I understand if you hate this, but don't make things up. It's just stupid and pointless.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymattballew April 9, 2008

I lost six brain cells watching this!

This show is really annoying, and when reading the review about it, i see what they mean! I have a 5 year old at home, just turned 5, And she LOVES dora, She is constantly Repeating her self. More than any usual 5 year old. Its momma, momma, momma, MOMMA!!! (because dora tells you to "YELL LOUDER") Also not a good show, because my dad is a 3rd shifter and dora not only encourages you to yell louder but to stand up and jump up and down, This is in the Daily Programming!
Adult Written bypoppetsmommy April 9, 2008

Rude little girl!

The bilingual aspect is great-but Dora's voice just grates-and she yells. She is constantly yelling "Say_______! Say _________!" I'm trying to teach my daughter to always use "please" and "thank you". Dora is forbiden in my house.
Parent of a 12 and 12 year old Written byResponibleParentOf2 August 30, 2012

Best show on TV!

This show is great for all kids. The only problem is Swiper is occasionally scary. People who say this show isn't good for kids are just Internet trolls. My middle school boys have all the Dora games and merchandise! Every time it comes on they squeal with excitement!
Kid, 12 years old January 8, 2011
I think dora is a great show for kids ages 3-7. Now that I'm twelve she bores me to death, but little kids will love her. When I was little, she was all I'd ever talk about. But make sure your kids realize not all the Dora products have to be bought.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byFlexSis June 16, 2009

Dora may have had some redeeming features at some point in time before I had my daughter, but they;re long gone now. She is apparently incapable of speaking in a normal tone of voice - EVERTHING is SHOUTED AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS!!!; the "bilingual" claim is highly suspect, since she barely uses more than one or two Spanish words in an episode; and Nickelodeon has apparently sold its soul to the devil of mass marketing, because this show does little more than familiarize kids with that ubiquitously licensed little face, which is absolutely inescapable in any store or aisle of a store dedicated to young kids. I personally don't want my child brainwashed by advertisers at the pre-school stage, so I severely limit her exposure to the show, and throw out nearly everything anyone gives us that is Dora-branded.
Adult Written bycraftymom April 9, 2008

over-commercialized junk

this show stinks. the barrage of products that follows it baffle me, as the show has horribly lame stories (even for the youngest ages), and my 3-yr-old finds it boring. The talking-at-the-screen doesn't make my child respond, and the random espanol-dropping doesn't make this bad lip-synch animation educational--it is simply aimed to trick parents into believing it is. don't waste your "two hours or less per day" of viewing time on this unimaginative and boring show. Watch something with creativity, imagination, and great music, like the Backyardigans.
Parent of a 2, 4, 8, and 10 year old Written byrukiddingme December 29, 2008

Great educational show!!

I am here to defend Dora the Explorer. She is very educational. This show teaches problem solving, shapes, letters, numbers and some Spanish. If you do not live in a Hispanic populated area, you may be blind to see that learning Spanish is a great resource for children. If you think she is mean and yells at people or is into paganism, give me a break! I think that the cartoons we were all raised on, like Bugs Bunny, My Little Pony and Strawberry Shortcake were more violent and were more involved into paganism than Dora ever could live up to. I do think Dora is a great show and I do let my children watch it. What harm could it do? Oh no! My child wants to make believe and she wants to be a princess or she might pick up some Spanish. The world is not going to end if you let your child watch Dora the Explorer.

My IQ dropped

Dora is very annoying. She yells at the kids and drops random Spanish phrases. She's rude and talks to strangers and goes on adventures alone. Dora is also very commercialized and has a whole marketing empire.
Parent Written byMomma_2_3Boys January 31, 2013

Stickin up for kids

The bad reviews are pretty hilarious. Saying it's not educational, it teaches witchcraft? Really?! Come on people! It's DORA geez. Not SPONGEBOB! Complaining it makes your kid yell? They're INTERACTING. Complaining they jump up and down? Better than sitting in a trance! Showing "Scary trolls and monsters"? Really?! It teaches kids NOT to be afraid of those things because you can outSMART them! Kids love Dora, they grow out of watching it just like any other kid show. And for you ADULTS to say its boring, annoying, or CHILDISH???? Its for KIDS!!! GEEZ! Your kid will learn spanish wether they let you know the "english" word or not. Kids are SMART, they don't need explanation like you adults! ugh. the NERVE. I tell ya.
Parent Written byResponsibleParentOf2 September 15, 2012

Scary Swiper.

It's a good and educational show, but I feared Swiper would be too scary for my middle school boys, so I didn't let them watch it until they were all 13.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byfaroffstar April 2, 2010

Cute, educational, can get annoying for parents though

My son loves this show. He really seems to "get into it" particularly when Swiper shows up. Also, he says "Hola" to say hello at times and calls his pet monkey, "El Mono" both of which he learned on Dora. He's only 2 years old. My one true complaint is that they SHOUT everything and it kind of drives me nuts after awhile.
Parent of a 3, 6, and 9 year old Written byMamaNikkiP August 17, 2010

Dora is annoying, whiney and I am so sick of this show, honestly. It has been around for 10 yrs, kids really do enjoy the show and it is great for learning spanish words, but that is about it. All 3 of my kids liked this when younger, but it is a headache for parents!
Kid, 12 years old December 30, 2013

It's weird oo

The show is educational but I don't think Spanish is something to learn at a young age. O.o looiuuhuuytrryjhufr
Teen, 13 years old Written byJle319 July 27, 2013

Terrible show

Hate it u know what I don't really know where to start but you know what I'll just talk about swiper yea wat is wrong with him when for and her friends go swiper no swiping he goes OOOO MAANN like what is it with him if he is really soo bad y doesn't he just steal it I mean c'mon he's one of the worst tv characters I've ever known about except for mike the knight he is stupid also
Teen, 16 years old Written byMrMovieBuff July 12, 2013

Wow, I really hate Dora.

This show so bad, it's almost comical. The plot is screwed up. A girl and a monkey go on crappy adventures. The animation is HORRIBLY drawn, the acting is atrocious, the characters are unlikeable, and the theme song is just horrible. This is the 2nd worst show ever (with the worst being Incredible Crew). Please Nick Jr, cancel this garbage and don't give it any reruns. Oh, and parents, skip this crap and try 64 Zoo Lane.
Parent of a 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 year old Written byJDWoodard April 24, 2013

I will never let my kids watch this

While there are positive messages, there is also negative messages, such as talking to strangers, no parental supervision, and playing with wild animals. This is a very poorly thought out show.