Preschoolers will love Dora's ongoing adventures.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMrMovieBuff July 12, 2013

Wow, I really hate Dora.

This show so bad, it's almost comical. The plot is screwed up. A girl and a monkey go on crappy adventures. The animation is HORRIBLY drawn, the acting is atrocious, the characters are unlikeable, and the theme song is just horrible. This is the 2nd worst show ever (with the worst being Incredible Crew). Please Nick Jr, cancel this garbage and don't give it any reruns. Oh, and parents, skip this crap and try 64 Zoo Lane.
Parent of a 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 year old Written byJDWoodard April 24, 2013

I will never let my kids watch this

While there are positive messages, there is also negative messages, such as talking to strangers, no parental supervision, and playing with wild animals. This is a very poorly thought out show.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 23, 2012

It's getting a MOVIE next year?! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The upcomming movie was a horrible idea! At least SpongeBob's movie is getting a sequel,but IT'S IN 2014! While Dora is getting her movie NEXT YEAR! Dora The Explorer has to be the worst little kid show i've ever seen,even worse than Barney.Just another trashy show with stupid songs and breaking the Fourth Wall.The animation is TERRIBLE! It is just so ugly to look at! The acting is horrific.The voices are awful,and the lip syncs are off cue at times.So yeah,Dora is nothing but a cheesey,generic show with annoying songs and fourth wall breaking crap.Instead of giving it a live-action movie next year in theateres,make this show take a hike forever!
Teen, 16 years old Written byJoseph Rock February 28, 2012

Terrible Terrible Terrible.

I like to watch a lot of television.I like to judge preschooler shows (don't ask me why).Dora is just poorly made,and not that edacational.The spin-off Go Diego Go is just as bad.Lets start with the animation.It is bad.It looks like one of those Disney movies like Aladdin or Hercules.One good thing about the animation is that its colorful.Its not THAT edacational.For instance,Dora and Boots WALK ON THE ROAD instead of walking on the sidewalk.Do they know they could get hit by a car?! The music also reeks.The songs in the show are super annoying (especilly the theme song)! I highly recommend that you don't watch this show.I don't recommend it to parents at all!
Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2011

Its ok... A bit over - reacted.

It is a bit over the top educational... the time I watched this untill I was 4 I just got annoyed of her voice .. but it is still a good show just a bit you know, wanna get babies to REALLYYYY go to college u know what im sayin lol..
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written bycjnesson January 24, 2010

Only good for about 2 months

Dora is extremely repetitve, I think the song "Backpack" is just the word backpack yelled 16 times. Many people talk about the benefits of learning Spanish but they don't use enough words. They go to completely made up places that make no sense - Cupcake Mountain is nothing but a giant cupcake. When my daughter was 2 it was good for her learning words like under, on, through, etc. By 3 I could tell she was beyond it, but she wanted to watch it all the time. I banned it.
Kid, 12 years old December 7, 2009

B-O-R-I-N-G spells boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the most boring show in the world!!!!!! But preschoolers will love it.
Educator and Parent of a 1, 3, and 6 year old Written byJarinsa C. November 17, 2016

Why???????

Why does this three or four year old wander around all day? WHY??????? Why does she wear a shirt that's too small? WHY?????
Parent of a 2, 4, 12, and 17 year old Written byUnmenow2003 May 17, 2016

This show is for buttholes.

The only people who watch this sleazy crap are: 2-7 year olds, people with a drug addiction, drunk/high people, or people with the mental capacity of a 7 year old.
Kid, 12 years old April 29, 2013

Dora is bad for you! Dear God, please cancel this show!

WHEN I WAS A LITTLE BOY, I LOVED THIS SHOW! NOW WE HAVE THIS STUPIDITY TO DEAL WITH, DON'T BOTHER, IT'S BAD! IT'S SO BAD IT MAKES ME WANNA PUKE BECAUSE IT HAS GONE DOWNHILL! DO NOT WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dear God, please cancel this show!
Educator and Parent Written byNotDecieved September 30, 2012

The undercover cartoon the glorifies pirates and other subversive ideas

Dora is at face value a colorful, adoring show with up beat music and seams so innocent, however, after watching it today I don't think so. They have a fox called Swiper who they always rebuke for a thief yet the pirate episode they glorify piracy. A pirate is a thief. The whole show was dedicated to doing and being a pirate. Why not be be a gang member and have a show all about bandanas and violence under the cover of a cartoon. A very subversive cartoon that I hope my grandchild will not watch again, any Dora.
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2012

PUTRID

I LOST MY BRAIN CELLS WHILE WATCHING THIS OH AND CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 2 year old Written byinesa April 14, 2010
I don't like Dora the explorer because when she speaks in spanish she doesn't use the correct idioms of the spanish language. I am a native spanish speaker and every time I hear Dora I can't believe how bad her idioms are. They really need to work on the language in that cartoon. It seems they've used an automatic translator for the parts in spanish. It's a shame that they ruine the spanish language like that. I really think Dora is bad even for spanish speakers, it confuses the kids and then they make mistakes in their own language because they get confuse after hearing Dora mal using the language, teh incorrect idimos sound correct to them.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 24, 2009

DORA SMARt?

educational but Dora isnt smart! "She say were the apple tree"? and then she goes silent and it's right behind her the whole time! plus here stupid backpack keeps on singing this "backpack, backpack, backpack,backpack"! It drives me crazy! I would rather get detention then watch this show!
Adult Written byfergusonisrael November 25, 2008

kid show that is not for kids

dora's early seasons were ok, but now they put in all sorts of things like magic and scary trolls and angry bears...why introduce fear and witchcraft to kids? aside from that, the branding that surrounds this show - (shoes, candy, toothbrush, bedroom sets) everywhere you go you see Dora stuff in the store, i think is too overwhelming for children of this age.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Ugh....

Dora is not helpful, and does n ot help younger children learn. Ok, a talking monkey who wears boots? Thats not helping... A blue buffalo named benny, a green iguana who speaks spanish and a fox named swiper who steals Dora's dumb stuff. Yeah, that sure helps kids learn.
Adult Written byGirlLegend6 May 9, 2015

Headache Mania

I would NEVER let my child watch this dreadful show! Dora has completely horrible manners (yelling at people to get what she wants), is a rebel (goes places without asking mom), and her voice gives me a headache whenever I hear it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCrackingCracker April 6, 2015

Stupid show

I hate this crap
Parent of a 2, 4, 8, 10, 14, 14, 14, and 17 year old Written byparentof7 March 2, 2015

ive gotta educate my child who just turned 2

ok I was flipping through channels I thought this was positive for my toddler who just turned 2 today and I thought it was kind of annoying
Parent of a 1, 3, 4, and 6 year old Written byMamaK2007 April 13, 2014

I Don't Like Dora...

But my kids do and to me that is what is important. I do LOVE the imagination that Dora and her little monkey buddy has. The adventures they go on are exciting and fun and kids should be able to use their imaginations like that. I find that it rubs off on my kids and some of the stories and play my kids come up with are hilarious. I do wish that they wouldn't yell quite so much. Kids aren't deaf and can hear quite clearly when you speak in normal excited tones. I find my kids yell more after watching an episode.