All member reviews for Dora the Explorer

Preschoolers will love Dora's ongoing adventures.

Teen, 15 years old Written byAwesome_Dude July 11, 2012

This is crap.

This show teaches kids how to get lost in the woods! If you are a true parent keep Dora AWAY from the kids!
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 25, 2012

My other review got deleted,so I am writing a new one.

Oh my gosh! NO! NOT THE PAIN! NOT THE PAIN! AHHHHHHHH! This is the worst preschooler show ever! The songs were stuck in my head for weeks,the animation is god-awful,it's nothing but the same thing every episode,and the voice acting gives me headaches! PLEASE GUYS! DESTROY THIS PIECE OF CRAP SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysupercookiejar November 19, 2011

The whole world talks

Its ok but its kinda dumb i mean everything talks after my baby brother watched it he started talking to a tree no lie and after you turn 7 you notice how wierd it is
Kid, 9 years old August 30, 2011

Educational, but new episodes are boring.

It is so boring. My sister AGREES! Don't watch this show, well, i prefer the 90's episodes. After about 2004 (when Face the Nick Jr. mascot left) it got extremely boring (even Blue's Clues got boring!). They should take this off, and they should re-run the 1998-2004 episodes.
Kid, 12 years old February 6, 2011

Alright. I watched Dora when I was little. I LOVED it. I loved the character Dora, and that little Tiko character made me think of my best friend. O.o. So, now I will tell you why I think it's half good and half... uh, strange... for younger kids. First of all, it teaches spanish. When I was about 4, my mom told me that I should listen to Dora, because there would be alot of people who speak spanish in the future. The parts where you have to interact with Dora and her friends are really creative. Now, I come to the part where I tell you all about the things that make Dora... werid. First of all, the show is very slow. I have 3 cousins who watch Dora, and they don't like how slow it's going, too. Dora takes long, looong pauses sometimes. Next, Dora's voice makes fun of little kids. She talks to them like they're really, really dumb. They could've made Dora's voice a little bit more serious. Just a little. I don't see any other problems with the other voices. People who clicked on ALL the concerns don't understand this - when you were little, if you were little when Dora first came out (like me), you thought it was so smart and great because you didn't know much. Today, you probably think it's stupid because you know alot more about cartoons and the world. Say you're 14, and you hate Dora - you think it's the stupidest thing ever. If you some how loose your 14 year old brain, and replace it with a 2 year old brain, you'd think Dora is the best show ever.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygoodperson4 December 23, 2010

hate this show

very educational. no bad stuff at all. i would have rated it 1+ but that wasnt an option in the drop down box. boring for kids 6+ though
Kid, 12 years old November 16, 2010

What do you get from boredom and bad little girls who do not say please? I think you know.

It's Dora! Yes ladies and gentlemen, Dora! She is both boring, and never says please or thanks you! Would you like YOUR Pre-schooler telling you to stand up or move around without even saying please? I grew up with Dora, and I really did not say please for a long time! Why? Because I was copying her! Younger kids will copy what they see. Off for younger kids, and by the time you're older, she'll bore you to death!
Parent of a 3, 6, and 9 year old Written byMamaNikkiP August 17, 2010

BLAH

Dora is annoying, whiney and I am so sick of this show, honestly. It has been around for 10 yrs, kids really do enjoy the show and it is great for learning spanish words, but that is about it. All 3 of my kids liked this when younger, but it is a headache for parents!
Kid, 12 years old December 7, 2009

B-O-R-I-N-G spells boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the most boring show in the world!!!!!! But preschoolers will love it.
Kid, 12 years old November 8, 2009

PRESCHOOLERS WILL LOVE IT BUT OLDER KIDS WILL HATE IT!

preschoolers will love this animted adventure!! but any kid over the age of 8 will find it down right anoying.
Adult Written byfergusonisrael November 25, 2008

kid show that is not for kids

dora's early seasons were ok, but now they put in all sorts of things like magic and scary trolls and angry bears...why introduce fear and witchcraft to kids? aside from that, the branding that surrounds this show - (shoes, candy, toothbrush, bedroom sets) everywhere you go you see Dora stuff in the store, i think is too overwhelming for children of this age.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysquishy723 April 9, 2008

DORA IS AWESOME

EVERYONE NEEDS TO WATCH DORA!!!! AHHH ITS SO AWESOME!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Parent of a 2, 4, 8, 10, 14, 14, 14, and 17 year old Written byparentof7 March 2, 2015

ive gotta educate my child who just turned 2

ok I was flipping through channels I thought this was positive for my toddler who just turned 2 today and I thought it was kind of annoying
Kid, 11 years old February 28, 2015

I Hate this, but Its Perfect for little kids.

Educational and team work messages. Kids will pick up Spanish from this and other useful things. The only thing is Swiper and the talking monkey Boots scared the bejesus out of my baby brother. And my sister was in tears after Dora asked for her name and age.
Teen, 17 years old Written bypaul334 February 20, 2015

Terrifying and obscure sexual references

I was shocked when I first watched dora the explorer. It is about a girl that runs a human trafficking business by using her map and backpack. Extreme graphic sexual references along with heavy drug use, this tv show is not fit for younger kids.
Parent of an infant, infant, infant, 1, 5, 6, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 16, and 18 year old Written bymykidsarebabies February 19, 2015

NOT FOR MY CHILD

DORA IS BOSSY AND IT MADE MY 5 YEAR OLD START YELLING AT US AND I WILL NEVER LET HER WATCH AGAIN
Parent Written byBitchKiller February 8, 2015

Notty Bitch is Fuckin Cray

This whore is a slut who uses sex as a weapon
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2015

Kinda Funny, for only 7+ though

This show is kinda funny, because I hate Dora (the character) so much, it's fun to see her be weird. But, NOT for little ones, because they might immitate her weirdness.
Adult Written byBba January 23, 2015