All member reviews for Dora the Explorer

Preschoolers will love Dora's ongoing adventures.

Parent Written byDavidV 1 December 31, 2014

Not for kids.

This is terrible! I mean, swiper the fox steals from them every two seconds! Also, there is hugging. Too sexy. Not for kids. I mean look at her! She is showing belly! And! She carries along boots like he is her drug or something. I mean, she never changes clothes! C'mon never watch this. Garbage.
Adult Written bySamanthamaster1 December 24, 2014

Great cartoon for children to learn Spanish.

I recommend Dora the Explorer for children, because, it teaches them about the spanish language and culture and the main character is a hispanic girl.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiqrabulldogs November 22, 2014

DORA IS STUPID!!

Attention, older kids and teens! Dora The Explorer is the worst show ever! Let me tell you why I hate this show and you will, too! After reading this, you will know why Dora is so stupid, and you should stop watching it, unless you're a little kid! First of all, Dora is so dumb. Let me tell you why. Every episode, Dora acts dumb and says the following Dora: We need to get up the hill. Where's the hill? Audience: Behind you, Dora. Dora: Where's the hill? Audience: Behind you, dumbhead! Dora: Where's the hill? Audience: BEHIND YOU, DORA!!!! Dora: Where's the hill? Audience: DON'T BE SO DUMB, DORA!!! SEE? IT'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU, YOU LITTLE IDIOT! Second, Boots, Dora's little monkey friend, eats nothing but bananas for the past, 14 years! He only talks about Boots and bananas! Third, Map is so annoying and he sings the same song every day! Fourth, the songs are so annoying and stupid! Fifth, it's for babies and little kids, NOT for older kids, teens, and adults! Sixth, they have way too much Dora merchandise. You could even buy Dora cereal if you wanted. There's Dora cereal, Dora shampoo, Dora dolls, Dora play-sets. Dora everything! Seventh, it is so old. Dora the Explorer got created in 2000! Can you imagine how old it is! That show was on Nick Jr.,, for a long time! Eighth, she teaches so much Spanish! Why do we need to learn Spanish when we're in America? We do not need to learn Spanish! Finally, she is so bossy to the viewers! She tells the viewers what to do and acts like she is the boss! See, this is why Dora is so stupid! I cannot wait for Dora to finally get cancelled forever after 15 years of airing on January 2015! Yes!! I hate Dora! So, as a conclusion, this is why Dora is so stupid and very dull and I recommend you DO NOT WATCH THIS SHOW! It will make you very angry! If you ever see Dora the Explorer, change the channel and don't buy the DVDs and merchandise! Steer clear of Dora the Explorer and convince your friends to do the same, too! They will see why it is so stupid! This show is so annoying and so old! I am only giving it one heart because you are required to rate this show. But really, it deserves no hearts whatsoever! If I could rate it zero stars, I would! This show is garbage and trash and it deserves to be cancelled forever. Watching Dora is like throwing out the trash! Dora is garbage and it should be cancelled. The only reason Nickelodeon created this trash is for only one thing: money! Don't watch Dora; it's stupid and it's garbage and it should be cancelled! It will make you very angry! Thank you very much for reading this review!
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams November 19, 2014

What the f*ck is this sh*thole of a show?

This is such a crappy show. It teaches kids to get lost, walk on the road (how to get hit by a car!), and it's just DUMB. Also, the acting and animation are dreadful, and the spin off is just as bad.
Kid, 12 years old November 13, 2014

Not recommended...

This show provided educational details but that makes up about 5% of the entire show. Lacks educational value, Sniper is one inappropriate content shown in this show. Teaching kids how to steal stuff. Besides that, animals DON'T TALK. Boots is a monkey who wears boots with sniper too. Spanish dialogue is very little being spoken. Avoid this show but especially some of the very little ones. They might enjoy it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byiMacG4inc November 10, 2014

Low quality series. Don't watch.

If you're going to give your preschoolers something to watch, give them something else!
Kid, 12 years old November 9, 2014

Educational and sometimes bad influence

The bad influence part is the swiping.
Teen, 17 years old Written byLedinFX October 15, 2014

Nothing Inappropriate

It's good for younger audiences and very educational but once you get older you realize how annoying that show is.But young audiences will really enjoy this show.
Teen, 15 years old Written byWRESTLING246 October 5, 2014

I hate this garbage

Why is Dora The Explorer still on it should be cancelled right now and fast because its stupid and annoying dont let your kids watch it
Teen, 14 years old Written byReegans September 7, 2014

My sister watches it... And she loves it!

This cartoon its very educational and my sister loves it! And she is learning some english with it! (We're Spanish) (In the Spanish Version, languages are reverted, it teaches english) I watched it too, and I liked it a bit. (I think its because im kinda childlike for my age)
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2014

Great for young children

I used to love this television show, but now I find it boring. Dora is too childish for those above the age of five. It's not very educational either. Dora doesn't use much Spanish, and she never inspired me to learn.
Kid, 11 years old August 1, 2014

A cute show!

Why are you complaining about a little kids show? I’m sure you loved it before you grew up! Dora’s such a cute show, there’s no violence or anything. Although it’s not very entertaining right now, little kids will love it. Anyone who says Dora is bad because they hate it is very immature.
Teen, 13 years old Written byButlorkitty05 July 31, 2014

Loved this show

This show is a great show :) for kids maybe mature 3 year old's. But best for kindergarten to 2nd grade. This show has educational value unlike other shows like the wiggles that just teach you to "jump around". This show teaches you what let's go means in Spanish, dog, cat and many other Spanish words. I highly recommend to Watch this show from whether your 2 or 8 this show is great.
Kid, 8 years old July 22, 2014

Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Dora

that picture makes me look like a fatty.. Vaminos my popichitos! I speak fluent espaaaniola si si choa bella you can speak it too muchacho!
Teen, 15 years old Written byGregoryMccormick123 June 22, 2014

This show is mind boggling bad.

Words can't describe how bad Dora the Explorer is. It's an abomination, and it should've never get greenlighted in the first place. That's how horrible it is. The animation is atrocious, the acting sucks, the plot is f**ked up, and the things it teaches kids to do are disgraceful. Dora and Boots always walk on the road and never the sidewalk. Apparently, this show teaches kids how to get hit by a car. It also teaches kids to yell at the TV, wander the forest for hours, and a trust a goshd**n monkey for supervision. The songs are HORRIBLE. The music itself is just as s**tty. I can't stand it when they break the fourth wall. They balanced breaking the fourth wall in Blue's Clues, but on Dora the stupid Explorer, they go CRAZY with it. This show is complete and utter horses**t!
Kid, 10 years old June 8, 2014

The third show ever to have bad rating

Wow! I am surprised that Dora the Explorer is still a show! I mean Dora teaches Spanish to 3 year old! If your at least over the age of 4 1/2 she is a CAPTAIN OVEUS. She uses way to much consumerism. If your in a Spanish class you should only watch it if your 100% sure your teacher says you need to watch it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byEatingGayChickens May 17, 2014

RASIST

WHY DO YOU ASSUME MEXICANS SPEAK SPANISH?!?!?!?! TOTES RASIST I HATE THIS SHow!!
Parent of a 1, 3, 4, and 6 year old Written byMamaK2007 April 13, 2014

I Don't Like Dora...

But my kids do and to me that is what is important. I do LOVE the imagination that Dora and her little monkey buddy has. The adventures they go on are exciting and fun and kids should be able to use their imaginations like that. I find that it rubs off on my kids and some of the stories and play my kids come up with are hilarious. I do wish that they wouldn't yell quite so much. Kids aren't deaf and can hear quite clearly when you speak in normal excited tones. I find my kids yell more after watching an episode.
Teen, 14 years old Written byRyan H. April 1, 2014

Who talks to the tv?

This show is great for young kids! It shouldn't encourage kids to talk to the tv though. Dora's head is huge, even bigger than her body! She has a monkey sidekick called Boots. For some reason this show takes place in Mexico... Every episode have Dora going somewhere and doing some puzzle solving.
Kid, 12 years old March 24, 2014

Awful

Has random humor and annoying and never makes sense.