All member reviews for Dora the Explorer

Preschoolers will love Dora's ongoing adventures.

Teen, 16 years old Written bySuperMariofan64 March 16, 2014

Stupid show

This is possibly the worst kids show I have ever seen. It has absolutely no educational value at all. The characters voices are annoying the plots are unoriginal and plain stupid. Dora teaches kids little to no Spanish. I would avoid this show at all costs.
Parent Written byResponsibleParentof4 March 8, 2014

GREAT SHOW FOR MY 12 year olds

They love Dora as she goes through her adventures, and my only concern is Swiper, he is a little scary for my boys
Kid, 11 years old March 3, 2014

This is confusing

How come Dora is white and Asian and her parents are black and Mexican? WTF THIS SHOW IS RACIST
Teen, 13 years old Written byDsim64 January 10, 2014

Great educational value, irritating if you're over 6, overtly commercialized.

This show is Nick Jr's golden boy(or girl, I should say) and preschoolers have all seen it before. The show had great animation in it's earlier years, but now the animation quality's not that good. But it always has a sense of adventure, interaction, and thinking perfect for the little ones. But when you turn seven you're going to start hating it, as seen by the Kids Say... reviews having an average of 2 stars. Also, Nickelodeon is merchandising like crazy, and most recent episodes are specials based on popular fads in order to sell a particular toy.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytonytorresan884 December 25, 2013

This is bulls**t.

I'd rather loose a leg than watch Dora the Explorer. It's so painful to watch. The songs are so annoying, the animation is hideous, it teaches kids to wander the forest with the supervision of a gay a** monkey, and there is not 1 good thing I can think about Dora the Explorer. F**K THIS SHOW!
Teen, 16 years old Written byfunkyrooster707 December 23, 2013

poor children

dora is better than 1D but worse than barney! she yells so loud that people in mexico can hear her! literally!
Adult Written byPublic Sanity December 8, 2013

The Second Worst Educational Kid's Show

Honestly, Dora is not the worst 'educational' kid's show out there... it's the second worst (preceded by the Teletubbies). The characters are repetitive and scream constantly, and the show itself is incredibly formulaic. Yes, I know the show isn't for anyone older than five, but it doesn't need to be so obnoxious for parents/babysitters either (producers, take a cue from Between the Lions or Sesame Street in that regard and also in regards to your educational approach). Also, while it may teach kids Spanish, I'd say, in the long run, you're better off getting flashcards and blocks and teaching your kids yourself rather than have Uncle TV do it (if you don't know any Spanish, all the better; you'll be learning too). In short, I wouldn't put this on for my kids. There are much better shows on for young children (that also won't annoy their parents as much), like Between the Lions, Bear in the Big Blue House, Mr. Roger's/Dress-up, etcetera. Heck, even Barney is better than this. This is a cheap piece of constantly recycled animation made to be Nickelodeon's toddler cash-cow (and yes, as a bonus, if you let your kids watch this show, be ready for even more tears than usual at Target, Walmart, and wherever ANYTHING is sold).
Educator and Parent of a 14 year old Written byyellowdiarrhea November 12, 2013

r u kidding

this show was cute back when i watched as a kid in the 90s and early 2000s but now there makin it ur typical cartoon. it looks like kids show but it has hoochie jokes to entertain the papa watchin it with the kids boots is girl crazy. he always flirts with every girl he sees. also, doras always goin on dangerous adventures in every episode and some one dies a very sad death in every episode cuz it used 2 be rated tv y but now its tv pg-v,s
Kid, 11 years old October 15, 2013

My IQ is slowly dropping...

It was a good show until around the age of seven, where Dora started to work my last nerve as I got older and older. The only reason I still watch it is because I have a 1-year-old sister. Zero stars if I could...
Teen, 17 years old Written byILoveTacoBell September 12, 2013

Painful to watch.

Ugh, this show is SO IRRATATING. It gives me a headache. A really bad one. The songs are so annoying, the acting is crappy, and there is NOTHING good about this crapfest.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZUULRULE123 August 18, 2013

More like diarrhea exploder.

This has got to be the worst show I have ever seen.SERIOUSLY!!!This makes crap like ben 10 and mickey mouse clubhouse look like a blessing from the lord.I know it is supposed to be educational but would it KILL the writers to add some jokes.I mean there is not even a SINGLE joke in the entire series.I watched it with my little sister one time and I felt like I lost a million brain cells.Dora is a fat,lazy,blind,deaf and brainless seven year old who ALWAYS asks the audience for help.The rest of the characters are either pointless,idiotic,ugly,fat or just plain stupid.And swiper the fox has got to be the worst villan in cartoon history.I don't know why commonsense gives crap like this four stars while they give quality shows like dan vs,foster's home for imaginary friends and the powerpuff girls one or two stars.I would recommend this show to kids one year old and younger.The rest of you should stay away from this show at all costs.You'll thank me later.
Kid, 7 years old August 16, 2013

2nd worst show ever

this is so bad the 2nd worst show ever once kids are 6 they will start to hate dora like me this so bad i hate this show and dont know why i liked it as a small kid but now i hate this this has sex jokes giraffe and other boobs and really mmuch violence and bad words
Kid, 11 years old July 30, 2013

Nothing but juvenile junk

Parents and kids from ages 0-7 will love Dora, but trust me, things will start to change once you hit ages 8-17. You'll just think that it's a bunch o' "Swiper, no swiping!!" trash. Believe me, I went through that phase myself. The only reason I still watch this is because I have a 1-year old sister going through the short phase in life where she enjoys Nick Jr.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byMadison's Mommy July 18, 2013

Enjoyable for learning a new language

I have absolutely no issue with this show. My 2 year is learning Spanish and believe it or not, I am actually learning Spanish too. We live in San Diego so learning Spanish could be very useful. My daughter answers Dora's questions and I love that she picked up the "Oh man!" phrase (Swiper the Fox) when something doesn't go her way.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAddictedtoComputers July 14, 2013

Really Nick Jr?

This show is so annoying and lame. I can't stand the songs. They are stupid and annoying. The characters are so crappy. There is not 1 good thing I can think about Dora the Explorer.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 13, 2013

Toddlers will enjoy helping Dora on her adventures (could do without the hate)

Okay, I can understand some of the hate, but there's no need to say it's not for kid's. Yes, Dora does ask where certain things are when they are right behind her, but she's trying to let little kid's guess. Once your kid is about 6 they will start to hate Dora, but toddlers will love it.
Parent Written byFirst time Gramma June 30, 2013

Dora is awesome.

Dora the explorer has entertained my 2 yr old granddaughter for quite a while. She has learned to count & say the alphabet in entirety. The best part is that dora has a very positive attitude..."We did it!". She also helps with very simple problem solving tactics. Love it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston May 12, 2013

Pathetic.

I *bleep*ing hate this show. It sucks. Too much breaking the fourth wall and the songs are so stupid, you might think that your brain melted. Yes, it's that crappy!
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 May 4, 2013

Turn it off. It's hurting my brain.

This show is a horrible waste of time. Dora's parents SERIOUSLY NEED to be put in jail. They let Dora wander the forest with her monkey Boots (who is a total f*g). In fact, ALL the characters on this show are f*gs. In fact, the writers are f*gs for making such a crappy cartoon for the kids. Don't watch this. It is the worst little kids show of ALL-TIME. I'm not joking, I can't believe it. Watch 64 Zoo Lane or Oobi instead. Because Dora the Explorer makes me say "what the middle finger is this garbage?" I want to give this show 0 stars, because of the f*ggots on the show.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySuperSonicSteve896 April 23, 2013

What a pathetic joke. Dora sucks, she REALLY sucks.

How can anyone like this show? It is really annoying and it breaks the fourth wall too much. It gives me headaches, it burns my eyes, and that is my BIGGEST objection to this show. It was good when they broke the fourth wall on Blue's Clues, but this? No way. I can go on and on but my review is just going to be 4 rants on Dora the Explorer. Is Nick Jr REALLY desperate for ratings? So desperate they must put on crappy shows jamming in little kids' heads? Obviously so. Lastly, has anyone noticed that Dora and boots walk on a road with NO SIDEWALKS? They can get injured. Nick Jr needs to come up with little kid shows that has the abilty to entertain not just little kids, but also older kids and adults. But instead, they are making crappy shows that give you headaches. I hope this show gets cancelled. RANT 2: When I was watching this crap while babysitting, it was so bad I actually felt pain in my chest. Yes, it was that bad. Honestly, what was Nick Jr thinking? I have so many questions for the creator, but I can't think of them all. What's the deal with the theme song? It is so annoying. Lastly, does anyone else hate that they break the fourth wall too much? In Blue's Clues, they made breaking the fourth wall fun. Blue's Clues was my childhood, and it's a shame Nick Jr took it off the air. Sadly, they let Dora stay on the air. No fair. Dora should be cancelled, and Blue's Clues should return. Blue's Clues rules. Dora is moronic and dimented. Dora the Explorer is crap. Blue's Clues is much better. OK, rant 2 was a little too long. But still, Dora sucks really badly. I love to bash shows I hate with a passion, and I also love saluting shows I love. Dora is a show I really hate. RANT 3: This show is so bad it hurts. I'm not joking, I can't believe how bad it is. Who came up with this idiot-fest? I have LOTS of questions for the creators of this crap, but I can't think of them all. If anyone else agrees with me, ask the creators of this show some of the questions I have for them. This is the worst little kids show of all-time, but it's also one of my most hated shows in general. Finally, I can't help but notice that they break the fourth wall on this crap. That is the biggest objection I have to Dora the Explorer. It was good when they broke the fourth wall on Blue's Clues, but this show FAILS at breaking the fourth wall. RANT 4: Is there some kind of inside joke in this show that i'm not getting? This show is super painful to watch. Who came up with this junk? I have so many other questions that I want to ask the creator of this show, but I can't think of the all. If anyone agrees with me, i'm honored. Lastly, has anyone noticed that this show FAILS at breaking the fourth wall? Blue's clues did a great job at breaking the fourth wall. Dora however, is the COMPLETE OPPISITE. Dora and Boots are annoying people. They are such s****y characters (sorry for the foul laungage). Blue's Clues was my childhood, and it's a shame Nick Jr took it off the air. To make matters worse, they put on Dora. Which is moronic crap. Have I bashed this show enough? I think so.