All member reviews for Dora the Explorer

Preschoolers will love Dora's ongoing adventures.

Age

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 13, 2013

Toddlers will enjoy helping Dora on her adventures (could do without the hate)

Okay, I can understand some of the hate, but there's no need to say it's not for kid's. Yes, Dora does ask where certain things are when they are right behind her, but she's trying to let little kid's guess. Once your kid is about 6 they will start to hate Dora, but toddlers will love it.
Parent Written byFirst time Gramma June 30, 2013

Dora is awesome.

Dora the explorer has entertained my 2 yr old granddaughter for quite a while. She has learned to count & say the alphabet in entirety. The best part is that dora has a very positive attitude..."We did it!". She also helps with very simple problem solving tactics. Love it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston May 12, 2013

Pathetic.

I *bleep*ing hate this show. It sucks. Too much breaking the fourth wall and the songs are so stupid, you might think that your brain melted. Yes, it's that crappy!
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 May 4, 2013

Turn it off. It's hurting my brain.

This show is a horrible waste of time. Dora's parents SERIOUSLY NEED to be put in jail. They let Dora wander the forest with her monkey Boots (who is a total f*g). In fact, ALL the characters on this show are f*gs. In fact, the writers are f*gs for making such a crappy cartoon for the kids. Don't watch this. It is the worst little kids show of ALL-TIME. I'm not joking, I can't believe it. Watch 64 Zoo Lane or Oobi instead. Because Dora the Explorer makes me say "what the middle finger is this garbage?" I want to give this show 0 stars, because of the f*ggots on the show.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySuperSonicSteve896 April 23, 2013

What a pathetic joke. Dora sucks, she REALLY sucks.

How can anyone like this show? It is really annoying and it breaks the fourth wall too much. It gives me headaches, it burns my eyes, and that is my BIGGEST objection to this show. It was good when they broke the fourth wall on Blue's Clues, but this? No way. I can go on and on but my review is just going to be 4 rants on Dora the Explorer. Is Nick Jr REALLY desperate for ratings? So desperate they must put on crappy shows jamming in little kids' heads? Obviously so. Lastly, has anyone noticed that Dora and boots walk on a road with NO SIDEWALKS? They can get injured. Nick Jr needs to come up with little kid shows that has the abilty to entertain not just little kids, but also older kids and adults. But instead, they are making crappy shows that give you headaches. I hope this show gets cancelled. RANT 2: When I was watching this crap while babysitting, it was so bad I actually felt pain in my chest. Yes, it was that bad. Honestly, what was Nick Jr thinking? I have so many questions for the creator, but I can't think of them all. What's the deal with the theme song? It is so annoying. Lastly, does anyone else hate that they break the fourth wall too much? In Blue's Clues, they made breaking the fourth wall fun. Blue's Clues was my childhood, and it's a shame Nick Jr took it off the air. Sadly, they let Dora stay on the air. No fair. Dora should be cancelled, and Blue's Clues should return. Blue's Clues rules. Dora is moronic and dimented. Dora the Explorer is crap. Blue's Clues is much better. OK, rant 2 was a little too long. But still, Dora sucks really badly. I love to bash shows I hate with a passion, and I also love saluting shows I love. Dora is a show I really hate. RANT 3: This show is so bad it hurts. I'm not joking, I can't believe how bad it is. Who came up with this idiot-fest? I have LOTS of questions for the creators of this crap, but I can't think of them all. If anyone else agrees with me, ask the creators of this show some of the questions I have for them. This is the worst little kids show of all-time, but it's also one of my most hated shows in general. Finally, I can't help but notice that they break the fourth wall on this crap. That is the biggest objection I have to Dora the Explorer. It was good when they broke the fourth wall on Blue's Clues, but this show FAILS at breaking the fourth wall. RANT 4: Is there some kind of inside joke in this show that i'm not getting? This show is super painful to watch. Who came up with this junk? I have so many other questions that I want to ask the creator of this show, but I can't think of the all. If anyone agrees with me, i'm honored. Lastly, has anyone noticed that this show FAILS at breaking the fourth wall? Blue's clues did a great job at breaking the fourth wall. Dora however, is the COMPLETE OPPISITE. Dora and Boots are annoying people. They are such s****y characters (sorry for the foul laungage). Blue's Clues was my childhood, and it's a shame Nick Jr took it off the air. To make matters worse, they put on Dora. Which is moronic crap. Have I bashed this show enough? I think so.
Teen, 14 years old Written byExtremeAlex77 April 20, 2013

Worst Nick Jr. Show Ever!

Dora the Explorer or as I call it Dora the ******. The Show is about a mexican who finds her way to america who is extremely high, and thinks she's an explorer when's she just a underage drunk person. Violence is extreme with a cloud who is always forced to go away by the drunk mexican, and her sidekick the drunk monkey. Language wise when my brother, and sister who hate Dora watch it, I was in the living room once, and I heard suck, crap, f*ck, s*it, and a bunch of other crap. Sexual wise they have a lot of sexual situations during Dora such as kissing, probably some nudity, and other crap.
Kid, 8 years old April 14, 2013

I like it for preschoolers but over 6.... No

Well hmm......... Dora is okay.... but I wouldn't recommend it for kids over 6 But I love Boots! I like the culture and Spanish words that they teach. So I think it's better than ALOT of shows.
Kid, 11 years old April 13, 2013

Dora and Boots are dating?

Over all it is a great show but in the episode best friends dora and boots go on a picnic alone on a mountian and bring stawberries and choclate the hug each other and say they love each other. That is way too romantic for kids. That shows you can marry animals!
Teen, 15 years old Written byRocketboy1998 April 9, 2013

I'd rather watch Barney, Ni Hao Kai-Lan, and Wow Wow Wubbzy than watch this.

Dora the Explorer has the be the worst little kid show to air on television. Dora is very ugly, the animation is horrendous, the acting is atrocious, it is utterly boring, extremely annoying, and there is nothing good about it. NOTHING. To make matters worse, Dora and Boots walk on the road. Are they drunk or something? I suppose they atcually LIKE being in the hospital. Dora ALWAYS has to fix a pair of train tracks or bridge to continue the journey. It's as if she wants to be a slave instead of an explorer. She is being a slave without asking someone. That is breaking the law. OH WAIT...this show dosen't even HAVE child labor laws. Also, if she wanders through the forest with a monkey, map, and backpack in the FOREST why wouldn't the animals try and kill her. Is Boots only there for SUPERVISION? The PARENTS have to supervise her. Not a stupid monkey. So overall, this is the worst little kids show of all time. Shame on the creators of this crappy show.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. John March 30, 2013

Holy

Holy, this is the most innapropriate show I've ever seen, and I've seen Family Guy. It also is really bad. Do not watch it, it will freak your kids out, they'll go repeating the language, Dora is Drunk in every episode! Just steer completely away from this show, never watch it. EVER.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNASCAR101 March 19, 2013

bad for your kids. they will swear all day, and ask for cigars and beer.

the audience throws tomatoes
Teen, 14 years old Written byIsabel14 February 21, 2013

Good for little kids

I used to enjoy this when I was little but now that I am older I don't
Teen, 13 years old Written by13ki December 20, 2012

Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu November 27, 2012

Trample on this child with a horse!

Oh my god this show is annoying, this girl is uglier than Nicki Minaj. She is even retarded that she needs to make kids she makes kids shout at the tv.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKevin Mo November 21, 2012

Dora

Dora isn't nice to all people. She laughs at Swiper when he fails and Swiper steals stuff which will teach kids to do the same. She screams and tells you what to do. She is blind. She is also stupid and a retard. Don't let your kids watch this they will steal and be bossy.
Kid, 9 years old November 18, 2012

Dora The Explorer

Overall Dora is a pretty good tv show even though my older sibling and I don't real like it. It teaches little kids good stuff. If you go along on an adventure with dora you might just learn about some animals and some spanish. If you are unsure about your kids watching dora don't be. It has educational value and teaches a bit of spanish in every episode.
Educator and Parent Written byNotDecieved September 30, 2012

The undercover cartoon the glorifies pirates and other subversive ideas

Dora is at face value a colorful, adoring show with up beat music and seams so innocent, however, after watching it today I don't think so. They have a fox called Swiper who they always rebuke for a thief yet the pirate episode they glorify piracy. A pirate is a thief. The whole show was dedicated to doing and being a pirate. Why not be be a gang member and have a show all about bandanas and violence under the cover of a cartoon. A very subversive cartoon that I hope my grandchild will not watch again, any Dora.
Kid, 9 years old September 15, 2012

Lame.

Just plain stupid.
Kid, 9 years old September 2, 2012

Worse than Kai Lan.

Kid, 9 years old August 28, 2012

DONT BOTHER DORA IS STUPID

Dora, rose to being rich and selfish. She made nick do HER show. she secretly swears she will eat all the babies and people FORCED to watch her stupidly stupid show. She is so stupid that she needs to be "Audience Dependant" for her and her monkey, boots, who is simply a pet to figure out what shape a ball is. She also needs this AD to count to 5. If it isnt in you already (Dora Disease) stop watching the show before it gets in YOU. My sister has "it" and she cant stop saying dora related stuff. Dont bother watching this show cuz it is worthless.