All member reviews for Dora the Explorer

Preschoolers will love Dora's ongoing adventures.

Teen, 15 years old Written byDuper_Drew July 24, 2012

Yikes! This is horrible!

This show is not edacational at ALL! Dora and Boots are NEVER lookingwhen they walk! Soooo,they can easily get run over by a car! Also,sometimes they go into a forest WITHOUT supervisiors! The forest animals would scare the crap out of them! Then there is Swiper,who CONSTANTLY steals stuff from them! Way to teach little kids to steal stuff,Nick Jr! Then Dora tells little kids to yell in front of the TV! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! Then they finally get to the place they wanna go to and sing a terrible song that goes "WE DID IT! WE DID IT! WE DID IT! OH YEAH! WE DID IT!" The worst i've ever heard in a long time! I'm not kidding,that's how every episode goes! So parents,unless you want your kids to get lost in the woods,than don't let your kids watch this garbage! Let your kids watch Blue's Clues or Sesame Street instead!
Kid, 12 years old July 20, 2012

WATCH Kirby right back at ya! not dora its for all ages!

its sooooo annoying i'm 10 and my cusin is 2 and she watchs dora ITSSSS SOOOO ANNOYING look if you ever have any kids people let them watch Kirby right back at ya! but watch them in order its for all ages and watch them IN ORDER
Teen, 14 years old Written byTaylorSwiftFan8910 July 10, 2012

Dora's an idiot

If you haven't seen the stupidness, don't bother!! It is probably the worst show I've ever seen. It's about a stupid, princessy girl named Dora, or as I like to call her, Dorka, and her idiot monkey friend boots. Theres only 1 okay charecter, swiper, but he always looses, and hes kinda doras friend. but IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 June 11, 2012

Good for kids

Good for kids
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 June 8, 2012

dora the explorer

Families can talk about the program's repetition -- is it a good learning tool, or does it make the program seem like virtual brainwashing? What do kids think about the show's lessons about language and culture? Is Dora a good role model?
Teen, 13 years old Written byMattiscool June 7, 2012

You're kidding, right?

Nothing but a joke to these people!
Kid, 9 years old May 28, 2012

Abloustely horrible

Kid, 9 years old May 20, 2012

..... I don't need to say anything?
Teen, 15 years old Written byAlekaJ1003 April 28, 2012

The land of pure craziness and bossiness

In most episodes, Dora is strange. And by strange, I mean REALLY Strange. If you say no to like (an example) "Reach up, UP UP UP!!!!" She will then say.... "Ok, lets reach UP, UUPP, UUUPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :| Then comes the land of bossiness. Dora makes you do stuff, and then yells at you to do whatever she tells you to do! (Like In the 1st Example...) I like the idea, just don't like the weird things In it.
Parent of a 2, 5, 8, 11, 13, and 16 year old Written byGreat Mom April 27, 2012

Lovely!

Almost all my children, excluding my 2 and 5 year olds (the show is a bit scary at parts, I'll let them start watching when they turn eight), watch this great show! Dora is a great role model, and it's a very educational show, as Dora is bilingual, and teaches you Spanish. The songs like "Backpack" are great, age-appropriate songs to listen to. Each "Dora" episode is a great adventure my children love. I also love how the characters cooperate with each other, and all Dora and Boots have to do to get the evil Swiper to go away is say, "Swiper, no swiping!" However, a few times Swiper actually swipes Dora and Boots' stuff. My 8 year old gets scared at those parts, though, so beware. Overall, great learning show for young children like mine!
Kid, 10 years old April 24, 2012

Dora

it is for babies
Adult Written byshatterdude April 15, 2012

Happy things

This show is great, Give whoever made that show a big promotion.
Kid, 11 years old February 21, 2012

Really guys?

I've seen your little comments, and really. You haters are grown adults. No need to gang up on a TV show that you outgrew years ago. If you hate it so much, then don't watch it. It's that easy.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 January 7, 2012

Really good show for preschoolers!

I used to watch this when I was little and I recently saw it while a kid of one of my mom's friends was at our house. I think it's a really good show for preschoolers, and has some educational value and positive messages for toddlers. My only concern is that Swiper The Fox and other mildly perilous situations might be concerning for some kids, but it's mild and nobody gets hurt. Still a great show for the preschool set! Educational: Kids might learn a couple of Spanish words and phrases from Dora, and they also might learn a little about Spanish culture. Violence: Swiper The Fox might be concerning for some kids and some EXTREMELY mild peril (Ex. One episode, Dora and Boots get chased across a lake while in a canoe by a group of crocodiles) But perilous situations are over very quickly and nobody gets hurt. Consumerism: This show has a large franchise, which includes things like clothing, toys, video games, and books.
Kid, 10 years old January 2, 2012

n/a

Once People are 5 years-old they will start to hate it
Kid, 12 years old December 21, 2011

Dora is inappropriate!!!!

this show has parts where people are steeling things from each other and your child could get influenced to steel which is inappropriate. plus the only way to stop them is by saying "swiper no swiping" this is not the way to stop someone from steeling things from you and does not teach you the way to deal with things.
Teen, 15 years old Written byVTPatsCeltsSoxB'sfan December 20, 2011

Poor preschoolers

This show is the worst, no poor little preschooler should be exposed to this horrible show. The creator should be ashamed. I hope swiper the fox eats boots someday.
Adult Written bycherry619 October 21, 2011

Dora is great

Wow if you haven't realized young tweens on here that Dora is for preschoolers so in the end it doesn't really matter what you say, as long as they like the show. Really the hit thing with Dora is she's bilingual and opens kids up to other cultures, much interaction with the audience as well as adventures to overcome with Boots and learning Spanish along the way.
Parent of a 7 and 8 year old Written byDanzaJoy October 20, 2011

Still good for my elementary kids

My kids are 7 and 8 and while they don't want to tell other kids at school, they still like to watch it. We all like the fact that there are some Spanish words mixed in so that they can learn a word in the context of English (easy learning). And I like the values taught. Go unicornio!
Parent Written byJK123 September 15, 2011

Be a productive parent

It is disappointing to see so many adult reviews that focus on a dislike for Dora based on their own entertainment value versus the educational value. Yes I agree that the repetitive nature and obvious answers can be annoying for an adult and older children, however the program has educational value for early childhood development. It promotes positive role models, discovery, working together, and problem solving. A strong foundation for a young mind but I guess it’s easier sometimes to have our minds numbed and entertained rather than watch something educational with our children.