All member reviews for Dora the Explorer

Preschoolers will love Dora's ongoing adventures.

Parent of an infant and 2 year old Written byshamrockgrl74 April 9, 2008

I will not let my 3 year old watch this show. There are much better educational shows on TV. Dora has horrible manners - Yelling, telling others what to do. SHe knows of Dora thru all the items in the stores. You can't get away from it, but she has never seen a show.
Kid, 8 years old September 18, 2010

Once kids are 6, they will start to hate Dora, but perfect for 2-5 year olds! Nice animation for babies, but sometimes Swiper steals stuff, which is innapropriate. Second, going on an adventure without asking mom? Wow...Should have been canceled after the 2nd episode.
Kid, 11 years old October 15, 2010

boring

snoresville usa population dora
Teen, 17 years old Written bymattballew April 9, 2008

I lost six brain cells watching this!

This show is really annoying, and when reading the review about it, i see what they mean! I have a 5 year old at home, just turned 5, And she LOVES dora, She is constantly Repeating her self. More than any usual 5 year old. Its momma, momma, momma, MOMMA!!! (because dora tells you to "YELL LOUDER") Also not a good show, because my dad is a 3rd shifter and dora not only encourages you to yell louder but to stand up and jump up and down, This is in the Daily Programming!
Teen, 14 years old Written byWWEWRESTLINGFAN103 January 19, 2014

Dora The Explorer is easily 1 of the worst, stupidest and most annoying Educational cartoons ever in TV history

This cartoon is a Disgrace to Nickelodeon and Nick JR come on Nick JR what happened to Blues Clues and Little Bear those 2 shows had real Educational Value then this rubbish , Dora The Explorer is stupid and what the heck! a talking monkey called Boots no way Boots The Monkey is stupid too What's so educational about this? All Dora does is speak Spainish to the kids on tv and annoy everybody . Seriously, that's educational?, the animation is ok but it can be choppy from time to time, Dora is a bad role model for kids because she teaches kids how to speak spainish to everybody on tv and annoy everybody and the score giving Dora The Explorer is 10/100 If you want a better Kids show that's actually educational, then go check out Thomas And Friends or Bob The Builder instead
Kid, 12 years old December 30, 2008

Pure garbage.

Dora shows kids talking animals, freaky trolls and monsters, bears, ect. Good thinking introducing witchcraft and monsters to little kids. And Dora doesnt teach spanish by saying something in Spanish and then not saying what it means. Show is not funny and gets old after two episodes. So, if you want your kids to watch an educational show, laugh a little and learn some spanish, your answer IS HANDY MANNY. That teaches Spanish and is GOOD for kids.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byFlexSis June 16, 2009

HATE it

Dora may have had some redeeming features at some point in time before I had my daughter, but they;re long gone now. She is apparently incapable of speaking in a normal tone of voice - EVERTHING is SHOUTED AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS!!!; the "bilingual" claim is highly suspect, since she barely uses more than one or two Spanish words in an episode; and Nickelodeon has apparently sold its soul to the devil of mass marketing, because this show does little more than familiarize kids with that ubiquitously licensed little face, which is absolutely inescapable in any store or aisle of a store dedicated to young kids. I personally don't want my child brainwashed by advertisers at the pre-school stage, so I severely limit her exposure to the show, and throw out nearly everything anyone gives us that is Dora-branded.

Bad Show!

Here are reasons you shoudent let ur children watch this show- 1. Dora screams at people, and tells people what to do. Exact opposite of what you want a young child to be learning. 2.Dora is not educational in any way what so ever! She cant teach spanish by saying 'bien!' or 'hola!' They include talking stars and animals, and rainclouds! Thats not right! 3. Dora likes to scare young viewers. My little cousin doesnt like this show because it includes an evil troll who tells dora 'im gonna get ya! Im gonna get ya!' 4. Last, but NOT least, they include stealing in every episode. From swiper the swiping fox, and from dora, who steals something from an enemy. So parents, face it. Is this what you want your young children watching and learnig? Yelling, Screaming, being bossy,talking earth, scary trolls and thunder and bulls, and stealing? If your letting your kid watch this, go the other way, and watch Blues Clues!
Teen, 17 years old Written byReviewsandFun8910 August 30, 2013

What a miserable kids show.

If I gave this a score, it would be a -10/10 (same goes for Ni Hao Kai-Lan and Barney.) In my opinion, the worst show ever is Incredible Crew. If I gave IC a score, it would be -0/10. As for DtE, it's only the worst little kids show. IC is the worst show in general. REVIEW STARTS HERE: Dora is SUCH a crappy show. The animation is very poor, the acting is 100% awful, and the characters are just unlikeable. I also hate the plot. It's an ugly girl wandering the forest with a MONKEY. That makes no sense. It's against the law to neglect your child you know! Dora is terrible, but Incredible Crew is even WORSE. Still, avoid Dora like you would avoid death.
Kid, 1 years old November 12, 2011

There is more examples about thieves then the four or five Spanish words she may teach your childre

Whereas. I enjoy the introduction to the Latin American culture as well as some basic spanish I do this this very limited and the shows other problems make o e that is not worth the time. It is very repetitive and there is little to display of good mora.l judgement by the car actors in the show. It is also disturbing that. One of the leading characters in show is named "Swiper" because he move the story along by stealing something. Any multilingual benefits that could be gained are done so. After watching five or less shows and there are certainly better avenues available in other media that would a much better job. Bootom line all the stealing and swindling thrown ino the storyline are enough for my kids to have no interest in the program or any of the hundreds of product that her team. Have put her face on. She also yells stamps and jumps for what she was and encourages young children to do the same,
Kid, 12 years old January 8, 2011

I think dora is a great show for kids ages 3-7. Now that I'm twelve she bores me to death, but little kids will love her. When I was little, she was all I'd ever talk about. But make sure your kids realize not all the Dora products have to be bought.

My IQ dropped

Dora is very annoying. She yells at the kids and drops random Spanish phrases. She's rude and talks to strangers and goes on adventures alone. Dora is also very commercialized and has a whole marketing empire.
Adult Written bySamanthamaster1 December 24, 2014

Great cartoon for children to learn Spanish.

I recommend Dora the Explorer for children, because, it teaches them about the spanish language and culture and the main character is a hispanic girl.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJle319 July 27, 2013

Terrible show

Hate it u know what I don't really know where to start but you know what I'll just talk about swiper yea wat is wrong with him when for and her friends go swiper no swiping he goes OOOO MAANN like what is it with him if he is really soo bad y doesn't he just steal it I mean c'mon he's one of the worst tv characters I've ever known about except for mike the knight he is stupid also
Parent of a 12 and 12 year old Written byResponibleParentOf2 August 30, 2012

Best show on TV!

This show is great for all kids. The only problem is Swiper is occasionally scary. People who say this show isn't good for kids are just Internet trolls. My middle school boys have all the Dora games and merchandise! Every time it comes on they squeal with excitement!
Teen, 16 years old Written byJoseph Rock February 28, 2012

Terrible Terrible Terrible.

I like to watch a lot of television.I like to judge preschooler shows (don't ask me why).Dora is just poorly made,and not that edacational.The spin-off Go Diego Go is just as bad.Lets start with the animation.It is bad.It looks like one of those Disney movies like Aladdin or Hercules.One good thing about the animation is that its colorful.Its not THAT edacational.For instance,Dora and Boots WALK ON THE ROAD instead of walking on the sidewalk.Do they know they could get hit by a car?! The music also reeks.The songs in the show are super annoying (especilly the theme song)! I highly recommend that you don't watch this show.I don't recommend it to parents at all!
Teen, 14 years old Written byilovecookiez April 15, 2011

Oh please guys, grow up.

Grow up guys! The only reason you hate this is because you grew out of it! This show is very educational. I mean, I understand if you hate this, but don't make things up. It's just stupid and pointless.
Parent of a 2, 4, 8, and 10 year old Written byrukiddingme December 29, 2008

Great educational show!!

I am here to defend Dora the Explorer. She is very educational. This show teaches problem solving, shapes, letters, numbers and some Spanish. If you do not live in a Hispanic populated area, you may be blind to see that learning Spanish is a great resource for children. If you think she is mean and yells at people or is into paganism, give me a break! I think that the cartoons we were all raised on, like Bugs Bunny, My Little Pony and Strawberry Shortcake were more violent and were more involved into paganism than Dora ever could live up to. I do think Dora is a great show and I do let my children watch it. What harm could it do? Oh no! My child wants to make believe and she wants to be a princess or she might pick up some Spanish. The world is not going to end if you let your child watch Dora the Explorer.
Adult Written bypoppetsmommy April 9, 2008

Rude little girl!

The bilingual aspect is great-but Dora's voice just grates-and she yells. She is constantly yelling "Say_______! Say _________!" I'm trying to teach my daughter to always use "please" and "thank you". Dora is forbiden in my house.
Parent Written byMomma_2_3Boys January 31, 2013

Stickin up for kids

The bad reviews are pretty hilarious. Saying it's not educational, it teaches witchcraft? Really?! Come on people! It's DORA geez. Not SPONGEBOB! Complaining it makes your kid yell? They're INTERACTING. Complaining they jump up and down? Better than sitting in a trance! Showing "Scary trolls and monsters"? Really?! It teaches kids NOT to be afraid of those things because you can outSMART them! Kids love Dora, they grow out of watching it just like any other kid show. And for you ADULTS to say its boring, annoying, or CHILDISH???? Its for KIDS!!! GEEZ! Your kid will learn spanish wether they let you know the "english" word or not. Kids are SMART, they don't need explanation like you adults! ugh. the NERVE. I tell ya.