All member reviews for Dragon Ball Z Kai

Kid, 8 years old January 9, 2011

Teen, 15 years old Written byleinad144 May 29, 2011

Great Show

A classic anime and a favorite show of mine. The only thing to look out for is the violence. While there is ton of fighting in every episode and many characters do die, most of the main ones come back to life again and there is generally no blood or gore. The fighting involves over the top martial arts moves and energy blasts that are very cartoonish. I would recommend maybe for 8 and up and definitely for 10 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarkSoul1997 November 27, 2010

ONE OF THE BEST CARTOONS EVER

I watched an episode of Dragon Ball Z Kai recently on Toonzai. It was awesome! I hope I can see more episodes of Dragon Ball Z Kai.
Kid, 9 years old June 14, 2010

The violence is the only thing to worry about. A side veiw of a minor character being charged through. Characters are killed, but they sometimes come back to life. character ocassionly lose arms (no blood). Blood is replaced with bruises, burns,etc. Goku is a good role model and the other good guys are relatively good role models too. I recomend that you watch this instead of the origional DBZ. reason 1: it is a little more vbiolent 2. You'll probably go crazy watching 250+ episodes. DBZ kai: 3.5 DBZ: 2.75. Though the show is not spectacular, they'll have you tuning out of pure suspense.
Kid, 10 years old June 6, 2011

#4 on Worst TV Role Models? Are you serious?

I came across an article on this site called "Worst TV Role Models." Most of the time I just ignore the parental junk, but I decide to go in it. Dragon Ball Z Kai, Goku and Gohan?! Bad role models?! FOR TRYING TO SAVE THE WORLD?! This show is perfectly appropriate and cool too!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMamaLuigirox January 6, 2011

Good for kids

It good i like it
Kid, 10 years old April 12, 2011

smiley FACE

As it should see the only reason the charecter dies is because of protecting Gohan and the Forces of EVIL it is a very good show and my little cousin who is 8 watches i watch it and adore it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byibarncat November 28, 2010

Remake of well-written anime series is still not safe for young kids

This show should be kept away from kids under ten for sure, and if they are sensitive, they probably should not be exposed to it until they are thirteen. This is without a doubt the most violent Nicktoon ever, and that's counting Ren and Stimpy. Characters DIE in this show. And not just the villains die: heroes die as well. There have also been a few occasions where someone really powerful has destroyed an entire planet. The show will also scare kids with its unusually powerful use of suspense. Still, this show can make excellent entertainment for teenagers who love action shows. But this show probably should not be broadcast on a Saturday morning block (then again, it is an action-centered block) and I actually think that this show makes more sense to show on Nicktoons than Cartoon Network since Cartoon Network destroyed Toonami in 2008 in an attempt to move away from action and Nicktoons started Lazer Awesome in 2008 in an attempt to move toward action.
Kid, 10 years old January 15, 2011

there are two different versions of this show. dubbed: mild blood on faces but it's black. some animated blood. loads of fantasy violence. they replace lines such as, "im not going to die" with,"im not going to go". on public tv, halos are replaced with orbs. uncut: violence:a ton of blood,depending on what scene you're watching. a lot of fantasy violence. harsh dialouge such as,"im here to kill you" a villian is made to look like he preforms cannobalisim since you see him eating an arm of a native on an alien planet. another villian is seen walking out of an area littered with bones. language: besides "im here to kill you", there is a little bit of major cursing, and a ton of minor cursing. sexuality: master roshi asks bulma to partialy expose herself just for no reason and she slaps him. drinking and stuff:a farmer smokes and roshi holds a beer in his hand when he greets goku you can watch uncut dragon ball z kai episodes under the title dragon ball kai at watch-dragonball.com peace
Kid, 11 years old May 17, 2011

Good show for kids

Most Japanese shows on TV suck! This one is the only Japanese show that is actually good. Good messages, Good role models and it is actually pretty educational! Me and my friends get together all the time and watch Dragon Ball z kai! But it is based on the old Dragon Ball z that came to cartoon network in the 1970's. But I like this version just as much as the old Dragon ball Z kai! Love it!
Teen, 16 years old Written byNJcrazysk8r002 June 1, 2010

dragon ball z kai is a good show

this show is very good in every way. parents should not be worried about it at all. kids should be able to tell the difference between fantasy and reality. i think all age groups should watch this considering that it is an edited version of the original series. naruto is an awful show and no one at all should watch it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymkalv October 21, 2010

Action cartoon one of the best!

I really like this show. It isn't as good as the books, but this is a show any kid ot tween could like. It does have a lot of violence, though.
Kid, 11 years old December 2, 2010

for all ages!

Best show EVER!!!!
Kid, 12 years old June 2, 2010

Awesome

Yes theres violence but not like guns or anything, and if you were in this show, and some evil person was planning to kill millions, wouldn't you be violent? I think it's a bit educational because it somehow shows you japanese things such as kai meaning zero. Good messages: meaning you cant trust strangers. And planning to kill people is evil.
Kid, 10 years old March 22, 2011

Dragon Ball Z Kai Rocks!

Why is this show so awesome! Watch it as much as u can!
Teen, 17 years old Written byAfropuff August 16, 2011

Disappointing overall, a typical disappointing Japanese Anime.

I do not see the positive role model at all or the positive message. What's the positive message? "Fight and Destroy all evil?" Who's the positive role model? Goku? the guy with brain damage from the original series...the guy who "fights for fun?"...I don't believe any of these things and a ten year old doesn't need to be taught this. I don't mean to be mean or cruel, but funimation was very lazy in the production of this. To me this appears to be a scam for money, seriously, look at how little effort they put into this! 90% of the series is from the 1980's. Very little has been changed in the animation. What? are you satified with the new intro? give me a break!! I was so excited for a new BETTER DBZ. But then the intro ended and landed me in the orignal DBZ with new voice actors. The story is plan, simple and boring. The bad guys are bad for the sake of being bad, hardly any dept in any characters. Just cliche and overused catch phases, an illogical way of fighting ("you distract the opponent, get killed, and I'll charge up my energy for the final attack", btw they miss the target have the time), and a terrible dragged out story line. When I watched this several months ago, I was disgusted. When the tacky narrator said, "find out what happens next on the next Dragon Ball Z Kai..." I groaned and hated the series for the rest of my life. This series feeds on curiousity and thrives on it to. If you are that curious to find out what happens next check google, play the video game ('cause some of the games are good and they zoom though the terrible story quickly), or just waste dozens of hours to nowhere. If the humor was better, if the story was better, more suspenceful, less lenghty, offered more, and definately less typical and predictable, I might enjoy the series much more. I still can't get over the fact that CommonSenceMedia even thought of giving this series 3 stars (please reconsider). I'm sorry I had to say this, for anime's sake.
Teen, 17 years old Written byhound huckleberry June 1, 2010

fine

it is not as good as yogi bear but bearable.
Kid, 12 years old August 24, 2011

VERY Violent

The uncut versions of anime are what I rate, and this remake of "Dragon Ball Z" is very violent and has a fair amount of language for an uncut anime. Also, brutality, blood, drama, and limbs, heads, and even whole bodies are cut off. Save this for very mature tweens and up.
Kid, 12 years old August 11, 2011

ok....

does not show many parts of a good anime. i can't even tell many episodes apart. only good for particular fans
Kid, 10 years old July 26, 2011

great a little scary and violent

great series but violent with some animated blood but a good show! very good role models and good messages