All member reviews for Dragon Ball Z

Teen, 16 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 July 25, 2013

100% Pure awesomeness.

I love this Anime series so much. It was so action packed. I also liked the characters. P.S. My birthday is tomorrow! :D
Teen, 14 years old Written byDinostomper July 2, 2013

Great TV show

It's really great! It has a little language. They only really say DARN YOU!!! It's cool and the characters are amazing!
Teen, 13 years old Written by711gogeta June 12, 2013

Great Show For Kids And Adults!

Dragon Ball Z is a violent show. It has blood but no gore. Very little swearing with words like H*ll and d*mn. The show has very good role models such as Gohan who always studies hard to become a great scholar. When they fight they fight for other people to save them. You could say they are Super Heroes. If your kid is into super heroes this is definitely the show for them. It has some sex jokes at times and nudity. The nudity is only in babies so it really doesn't count. Many intense fight scenes and some that might scare younger children. Such as in the Frieza saga when Frieza impales one of the heroes with his horns and bounces him up and down on them causing blood to come out. Then he licks the draining down blood on his face. Other than that it is not scary. It has some very good lessens like fight for what you believe in, never give up no matter how weak you are compared to your adversary, forget pride, have fun, teamwork is important, and wow there is so many more I could list here. You can easily learn more life lessens in this show than any other show like Dora or Backradians or whatever. If you don't want your kid to see some of the scary and violent stuff watch Dragon Ball Z Kai(don't watch it on the CW4Kids watch it on Nicktoons). That show is a new version of Dragon Ball Z which removes all nudity, most blood, all sex jokes, all cursing, and is a little faster moving through the plot because Dragon Ball Z had a lot of "filler" which took up a lot of time. Over all it is a great show!
Teen, 13 years old Written byjamester989 April 17, 2013

989's review!

words can't describe how good this show is
Teen, 16 years old Written byTRUTHCHILDREN123 March 7, 2013

PLEASE RELAUNCHED DRAGON BALL Z PARENTS TAKE A TRUE AND RIGHT DECISION ABOUT THIS KING OF CARTOON SHOW

DRAGON BALL Z IS GOOD SHOW BUT YOU ARE NOT SEEN YOUR CHILDREN IS GOOD BUT MANY CHILDREN ARE WATCH THIS SHOW . YOU GIVE LONGER DISTANCE TO THIS SHOW FOR YOUR CHILDREN. I M HE BIG AN OF DRAGON BALL Z EPISODE OK PARENTS TAKE A TRUE AN D RIGHT DECISION ON THIS SHOW . THIS SHOW IS KING OF THE CARTOON SHOW . (*_*) please sir dragon ball z and gt launched on cartoon network India man children are waiting for this show please released on India t.v
Teen, 14 years old Written byIMT December 19, 2012

Dragon Ball Z

DRAGON BALL Z IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!! Although it is a little violent because of the martial arts, I still think it is a good show. And the main character, Goku, is a very positive role model.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. King December 19, 2012

A very good anime series.

I loved it as a kid,I still think it's really cool.I love all the super powers in the show! It's really cool,and Anime fans will totally love Dragon Ball Z! It's the higest rated Anime ever,you know!
Teen, 16 years old Written byTayoEXE July 25, 2012

It's More Than "Wham-bam violence"

This is a show I grew up with, and is a very popular anime in Japan, America, and many other countries. It is an exciting show for people of many ages and shows a strong sense of overcoming evil and protecting loved ones. I have to say that this sight seems to be very quick to judge many of these shows and movies. You completely put this violence down as non-important and just tell people to "[Look] past the wham-bam violence." It does a lot more than that. You say that violence is how most conflict is dealt with. First, you must notice that much "fighting" is actually done for fun or competition, such as in training in martial arts and the World Martial Arts Tournament. Second, any fighting in an actual conflict is against a villain who usually has the power to destroy the Earth (Freeza, for example, mercilessly destroys the home planet of the main character, Goku, and all of its inhabitants). They are usually shown to be the definition of evil with no conscience. Violence is usually used because of the fact that they can't be negotiated with and it shows that when it is not possible to negotiate, it is just and necessary to fight back to defend and protect yourself and your loved ones. For example, there is scene where Android 16 tells Gohan, Goku's son, this: "Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell (a villain) is such a being. You are gentle. You do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it." This is a strong message that is important for kids to learn. The characters fight throughout the whole show, but it is only because it is necessary to protect and defend. It has a similar message to "Spider Man," in which "With great strength comes great responsibility" as the main characters are Saiyans, a race of human-like aliens that have extraordinary strength and power. They constantly defend the planet from invaders and save the rest of humanity, never looking for reward or recognition. In fact, it is not until the very end of the series' sequel series, Dragon Ball GT, *spoiler* that Goku is finally recognized as being the true hero who saved the world. I think it would be completely rash to label this show as a "mindless fighting show." (Not to say that you do). But for positive role models, you make absolutely no mention about what kind of people these characters are. Goku is good father and a good friend, yes, but as the main character, there are very many admirable qualities in him. First, both he and his son have great respect for others. Although Goku grew up in the woods and didn't have a formal education, his wife made sure their son Gohan did. Goku is not very educated, but he was taught to be polite and respectful to others by his grandfather. There are many episodes in which they help various people from danger. In fact, Gohan later on puts on an (albeit odd) costume just so people wouldn't recognize him so that he could go out and stop crime. He even uses this to save a pterodactyl baby that was stolen by poachers to be caged in a circus. Goku in one episode spends a lot of time trying to save the eggs of a pterodactyl from falling and tries to protect the family from very bad hurricane winds. Second, Goku (as well as Gohan) is forgiving and reluctant to kill. There are at least two of his enemies that have tried to kill him that he has beaten and then allowed them to live, only for them to become good guys for the rest of the series. For example, when he defeats Vegeta, Krillin (Goku's friend) has the opportunity to finish him off, but Goku tells him to let him go. Vegeta is one such character who joins Goku's side to defend the Earth. Anyway, there are many great qualities that about Goku and other characters that kids can look up to and adults can admire in a person, but I won't go into much more detail. As for violence, the TV version that I grew up with was not too bad. (Just don't let little kids watch the uncut version). I don't believe there was any blood in that version, or at least some. (I don't remember exactly) But it does deal with throwing punches, kicks, headbutts, and various other things common to martial arts. Another thing to know is that many characters can use "Ki" attacks. Ki is like spiritual energy in Japanese, and these characters can shoot beams of energy and such, which really aren't too violent or scary to watch compared to things like guns. Something to note, though, is that some things can be a bit scary to kids. One notable instance is that a villain named Cell gains energy in his first form by stabbing people with his tail and literally draining them right out of their clothes. There is really only one instance where this is actually show graphically. (And I did find it a bit frightening as a child). But other than that, it is not too bad in the scariness factor. As for modesty issues, it's true some of this can be a little more prominent since it is a Japanese anime, but the U.S. TV version doesn't really have much problems. There are indeed some mildly flirty characters, and a character, Master Roshi, is known to be perverted, but again, the U.S. TV version heavily tones these things down that it's not really an issue. For language, there is no profanity, and if you have a problem with the "die" or "kill" that's about it. To sum it up, this is a great show for kids and adults alike. It's action-paced, suspenseful, and has good universal messages about the nature of fighting and defense.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydern1196 June 14, 2012

Marked a generation and still is one of the best Anime/Non-anime of all

This is an anime that made me what I am today. The example i took from this show are just unexplainable. I learned that friendship is something that is worth fighting for, the is nothing more important than family in the world even if you have to give up your pride to be with them. Parents who read this should know that the language is really small and in the fight theres almost no blood, besides the fight are always in protection of a loved one. If you want your children to have really good values you should let them watch this masterpiece
Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2012

PARENTS THINKING TWICE ABOUT DECISION MAKING ABOUT DRAGON BALL Z

This is for a fact not an inappropiate cartoon because some parents might have NEVER watched it . I am an 11 year old girl who loves that cartoon. Parents do not understand that some people from dragon ball z are positive and are good role players for children. One example is Goku because he is one caring, kind, generous, and merciful type of person. The games I've played of dragon ball z are dragon ball z dragon ball z budokai tenkaichi 3, dragon ball z budokai tenkaichi 2, dragon ball gt, and dragon ball z. Those are my favorite games because they are fun and ARE NOT for children younger than 13. I only play them because my brother wants me to play with him. I KNOW FOR A FACT SOME PARENTS WOULDN'T LIKE CHILDREN WATCHING IT SINCE IT IS VIOLENT. THEY SHOULD JUST LET THEIR CHILDREN WATCH IT BECAUSE PARENTS LET CHILDREN WATCH SOME RETARDED CARTOON THAT WOULD BE AN EVEN WORST INFLUENCE ON CHILDREN. CHILDREN HAVE THEIR OWN RIGHTS AND PARENTS SHOULD JUST ALLOW CHILDREN TO WATCH IT. THAT IS THE END OF MY DISCUSSION AND I HOPE EVERYONE THINKS TWICE ABOUT DECISIONS THEY MAKE OF DRAGON BALL Z! P.S: I ALSO FORGOT TO MENTION THAT PARENTS SHOULD JUST LET CHILDREN WATCH DRAGON BALL Z KAI IN CHANNEL 11 WHERE IT SHOWS LESS VIOLENCE AND LANGUAGE! P.S.S: ALSO I WANT PEOPLE TO SAY KAMEHAMEHA WITH ME AND PLEASE BACK OFF ANY HATERS OF DRAGON BALL Z!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 March 13, 2012

Be mindful of blood, sexual content and language

Very awesome but bloddy and violent. Also there is some language (including middle fingers). CSM kinda messed up on this one. The original uncut dbz is very bloddy, and foul language. Now I'm hoping CSM is talking about the cut version. Because this anime is not for kids under 13. But it does have a positive message and the Z-fighters are very good role models.
Kid, 11 years old February 24, 2012

awsome show but violent

great for everyone but there is some mooning with trunks an 8 year old kid and he flips him off and says the "h" word mildly
Kid, 8 years old January 20, 2012

good anime series

a very riveting show kids could get into and i think it is the best anime show because it has martial arts and energy blast and powers
Kid, 12 years old January 20, 2012

Fine for kids 10+

I remember when I watched this show for the first time when I was five. I had NO idea what was going on, therefore I didn't like it. When I was 10, I decided to give it another shot. I'm sure glad I did. I love this show and I think that it would be good for children ages 10+. This show has blood, violence, and brief swearing, but most children over the age of 10 should be fine. If your child is below 8 years old, they might not know what is going on in the series. Remember, for this show to make sense, you would need to watch all of the episodes in order.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydjohnson96 January 13, 2012

Best childrens show.

Although there is fighting in this show, suitable for all ages. I've been watching it since i was born, and it just stands as the best show.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypoisondeath123 October 13, 2011

Frieza: Saint of TV

Frieza is a very important and kind character. Watching the Namek saga may be the sole reason for DBZ viewing. Frieza shows us the enjoyment of the dances of your underlings, to kindly fill in people on their past, to even have a nice chat when King Vegeta wants to talk. Frieza is a great role model for kids: I think he may be even nicer than Barney or other children's favorites. Best thing is, he wouldn't even fight without one hand behind his back, what a generous fellow!
Kid, 12 years old September 24, 2011

BEAST!

Very perverted in Dragonball [1986]! DBZ is still perverted, but, it's one of the best shows ever! Also, don't forget intense violence. This was the best out of all of the series!
Kid, 12 years old August 14, 2011

A lot better than what others think

This show really gets beat up on by people who think they know it because they saw commercials or a few episodes. Really, you can't judge it like that. Since the show is no longer airing, you can only watch DBZ via DVDs, which are uncut. I had the most problems with the Android and Frieza saga. In the Frieza saga, Frieza and Vegeta kill lots of innocent Namekians (Vegeta does turn good, though). In the Android saga, Cell kills millions of humans via absorbing them, obliterating them. He also absorbs Androids 17 and 18, which are long, horrible scenes. He ends up killing the peaceful Android 16, too. Those are the show's worst parts, but the rest it pretty good. Goku, the main character, is pure-hearted, does anything to protect his friends and the innocent, and shows mercy at several times. For example, he lets his evil brother go when he pleads for mercy, but Goku's brother lies and eventually dies. Goku gives the evil Frieza one last chance to leave the dying Namek, but Frieza tries to finish off Goku, who defeats Frieza in self-defense. Most of the fighting done by the good guys is in defense of themselves and innocent people. A lot of people say the show is just muscle-headed people fighting and screaming, but that's only the commercials and the videos they see on YouTube. (P.S. Dragon Ball Z Kai is airing on Nicktoons, cut, but is a lot shorter due to overuse of commercials.)
Kid, 10 years old August 14, 2011

Dragonball Z. A violent anime that is finally worthy!

Dragonball Z is by far the best anime I have ever watched. It's funny, intense and even though good will always prevail, your never gonna know what happens next! However, it will usually depend on the saga your kids are watching. The saiyan saga, a bit of everything, good role models, messages, a bit of master roshis disusting jokes. ( just body part jokes, just like captain jack in POTC ) But my main problem with the saiyan saga is the language and violence. Violence is constant, not an episode goes without it. And the language can be occasional, mainly the word b***a*d and I think I spotted a D**m and a H*ll, not too serious though. The frieza saga is next, which has I think at least 6 uses of bad language, no sexual stuff and alot of messages and role models. But this is the most violent of all sagas, with endless beatings of enemies and a few bits of blood, but the end battle between Goku and Frieza is gory, starting with the explosion of Krillin, leading all the way up to Frieza getting sliced in half with his own attack. ( blood is shown, although only for a brief second) It's gonna make little kids cry and have nightmares if they watch that battle. The cell saga isn't too bad but it does have little amounts of blood, which in the big battles won't go away. So it's probably the second most violent and there is no swearing, or at least I didn't catch any. No sexual either. Plenty of messages, not so much as role models but there are some. Now, the majin buu saga is probably the worst appropiate wise, BUT it's still not as violent as the frieza saga. There is no real swearing, but there is swearing in sign language, hence the finger. Including a bully using it against a 5 year old. Gotenks fights for the good which is kind of a role model, except he's about 8 years old, and uses the finger. Which isn't very good. But it's the BEST anime ever and appropiate for kids in double figures. AKA pre-teens and up. It's a brilliant show with lots of messages.
Kid, 11 years old July 15, 2011

Best show ever

I love this show! i would give it a much higher age if it was the uncut version because that has about 3x as much of blood and gore.