All member reviews for Dragon Ball Z

Anime series stands the test of time, but very violent.

Teen, 14 years old Written bygabemtz14 November 12, 2015

i love this show

Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimefan15 April 8, 2015

Okay, some violence

Great story, but blood and violence is definitely present. I also recall the primary villain Frieza, saying bastard. The show has a couple positive messages, one being that working together to achieve a goal will prove better than working alone. Also, the used-to-be villain Vegeta was a tough, determined enemy, but after rethinking his alignment with Frieza, fights with the show's main protagonist, Goku.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams November 16, 2014

Awesome show.

Dragon Ball Z is an amazing Anime Series. Awesome action, beautiful acting, and it's one of my favorite shows.
Kid, 11 years old March 9, 2014

hi im a 12 year old kid if you have younger ones that want to watch dragon ball z dont let them but theres a safe altenative its called dragon ball z kai its on nicktoons or its on every saterday morning on the cw for kids i hope you like this review

Teen, 16 years old Written byEntertaimentCritic88 November 27, 2013

Best Anime series ever.

This Anime was so cool! I loved it. The fight scenes were EPIC! Likeable characters too. This is perfect. Long live Dragon Ball Z!
Teen, 17 years old Written byYellowsonic October 25, 2013

Dragonballz rating if it was a movie

RatingPG13 =persasive violence ,language and some cruel humor
Teen, 16 years old Written byBob Sacamano October 15, 2013

Know the difference between the uncensored/ censored versions!

One thing you MUST know BEFORE you allow your child to see it is whether or not it is the uncensored or censored version of the show. The best way of telling is simple: the uncensored version begins with a shot of a mountain, the censored starts with something (a pod) flying through space. It may also say somewhere (the 4Kids animation and Nickelodeon are the censored ones). This is critical when deciding. I will discuss both. The uncensored version first. As a point of reference, if you would allow your child to watch Michael Bay's Transformers, you would allow them to watch this. It includes multiple reference to sex, and one character in particular swears on many occasions. It never gets worse than "D*mn it" or "That b*stard", and a few middle fingers are shown. The sex references are a bit stronger. Non-sexual full frontal male nudity is not uncommon, but it's not focused upon, either. It's just sort of... There. They treat it naturally. Female characters will frequently use sex appeal to their advantage (OK, not that frequently, but it's a regular occurrence). Many males are portrayed as perverts. The violence should only be a concern if you're watching the censored version (in which ALL of the above are void- except some mild flirting from females). There isn't much I, or anyone else, can say on the subject. The entire show is based on martial arts fighting- that alone should be a deciding factor. It's not tame, but it's also not brutal. Note the censored version, as you'd expect, omits most of the blood. If I had to give an age rating for the censored version, I would say: ON for kids age 8
Teen, 16 years old Written byrobotkitty90010 August 8, 2013

Way to violet

Well there is positive messages,but there is a monster in the show who tortures a teen in front of his friend.Then he licks the blood of him.Now he tortures him even more.Also there is a part of the show where they raid houses.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDinostomper July 2, 2013

Great TV show

It's really great! It has a little language. They only really say DARN YOU!!! It's cool and the characters are amazing!
Teen, 13 years old Written by711gogeta June 12, 2013

Great Show For Kids And Adults!

Dragon Ball Z is a violent show. It has blood but no gore. Very little swearing with words like H*ll and d*mn. The show has very good role models such as Gohan who always studies hard to become a great scholar. When they fight they fight for other people to save them. You could say they are Super Heroes. If your kid is into super heroes this is definitely the show for them. It has some sex jokes at times and nudity. The nudity is only in babies so it really doesn't count. Many intense fight scenes and some that might scare younger children. Such as in the Frieza saga when Frieza impales one of the heroes with his horns and bounces him up and down on them causing blood to come out. Then he licks the draining down blood on his face. Other than that it is not scary. It has some very good lessens like fight for what you believe in, never give up no matter how weak you are compared to your adversary, forget pride, have fun, teamwork is important, and wow there is so many more I could list here. You can easily learn more life lessens in this show than any other show like Dora or Backradians or whatever. If you don't want your kid to see some of the scary and violent stuff watch Dragon Ball Z Kai(don't watch it on the CW4Kids watch it on Nicktoons). That show is a new version of Dragon Ball Z which removes all nudity, most blood, all sex jokes, all cursing, and is a little faster moving through the plot because Dragon Ball Z had a lot of "filler" which took up a lot of time. Over all it is a great show!
Teen, 13 years old Written byjamester989 April 17, 2013

989's review!

words can't describe how good this show is
Teen, 16 years old Written byTRUTHCHILDREN123 March 7, 2013

PLEASE RELAUNCHED DRAGON BALL Z PARENTS TAKE A TRUE AND RIGHT DECISION ABOUT THIS KING OF CARTOON SHOW

DRAGON BALL Z IS GOOD SHOW BUT YOU ARE NOT SEEN YOUR CHILDREN IS GOOD BUT MANY CHILDREN ARE WATCH THIS SHOW . YOU GIVE LONGER DISTANCE TO THIS SHOW FOR YOUR CHILDREN. I M HE BIG AN OF DRAGON BALL Z EPISODE OK PARENTS TAKE A TRUE AN D RIGHT DECISION ON THIS SHOW . THIS SHOW IS KING OF THE CARTOON SHOW . (*_*) please sir dragon ball z and gt launched on cartoon network India man children are waiting for this show please released on India t.v
Teen, 14 years old Written byIMT December 19, 2012

Dragon Ball Z

DRAGON BALL Z IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!! Although it is a little violent because of the martial arts, I still think it is a good show. And the main character, Goku, is a very positive role model.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. King December 19, 2012

A very good anime series.

I loved it as a kid,I still think it's really cool.I love all the super powers in the show! It's really cool,and Anime fans will totally love Dragon Ball Z! It's the higest rated Anime ever,you know!
Teen, 15 years old Written bydern1196 June 14, 2012

Marked a generation and still is one of the best Anime/Non-anime of all

This is an anime that made me what I am today. The example i took from this show are just unexplainable. I learned that friendship is something that is worth fighting for, the is nothing more important than family in the world even if you have to give up your pride to be with them. Parents who read this should know that the language is really small and in the fight theres almost no blood, besides the fight are always in protection of a loved one. If you want your children to have really good values you should let them watch this masterpiece
Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2012

PARENTS THINKING TWICE ABOUT DECISION MAKING ABOUT DRAGON BALL Z

This is for a fact not an inappropiate cartoon because some parents might have NEVER watched it . I am an 11 year old girl who loves that cartoon. Parents do not understand that some people from dragon ball z are positive and are good role players for children. One example is Goku because he is one caring, kind, generous, and merciful type of person. The games I've played of dragon ball z are dragon ball z dragon ball z budokai tenkaichi 3, dragon ball z budokai tenkaichi 2, dragon ball gt, and dragon ball z. Those are my favorite games because they are fun and ARE NOT for children younger than 13. I only play them because my brother wants me to play with him. I KNOW FOR A FACT SOME PARENTS WOULDN'T LIKE CHILDREN WATCHING IT SINCE IT IS VIOLENT. THEY SHOULD JUST LET THEIR CHILDREN WATCH IT BECAUSE PARENTS LET CHILDREN WATCH SOME RETARDED CARTOON THAT WOULD BE AN EVEN WORST INFLUENCE ON CHILDREN. CHILDREN HAVE THEIR OWN RIGHTS AND PARENTS SHOULD JUST ALLOW CHILDREN TO WATCH IT. THAT IS THE END OF MY DISCUSSION AND I HOPE EVERYONE THINKS TWICE ABOUT DECISIONS THEY MAKE OF DRAGON BALL Z! P.S: I ALSO FORGOT TO MENTION THAT PARENTS SHOULD JUST LET CHILDREN WATCH DRAGON BALL Z KAI IN CHANNEL 11 WHERE IT SHOWS LESS VIOLENCE AND LANGUAGE! P.S.S: ALSO I WANT PEOPLE TO SAY KAMEHAMEHA WITH ME AND PLEASE BACK OFF ANY HATERS OF DRAGON BALL Z!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 March 13, 2012

Be mindful of blood, sexual content and language

Very awesome but bloddy and violent. Also there is some language (including middle fingers). CSM kinda messed up on this one. The original uncut dbz is very bloddy, and foul language. Now I'm hoping CSM is talking about the cut version. Because this anime is not for kids under 13. But it does have a positive message and the Z-fighters are very good role models.
Kid, 11 years old February 24, 2012

awsome show but violent

great for everyone but there is some mooning with trunks an 8 year old kid and he flips him off and says the "h" word mildly
Kid, 8 years old January 20, 2012

good anime series

a very riveting show kids could get into and i think it is the best anime show because it has martial arts and energy blast and powers
Kid, 12 years old January 20, 2012

Fine for kids 10+

I remember when I watched this show for the first time when I was five. I had NO idea what was going on, therefore I didn't like it. When I was 10, I decided to give it another shot. I'm sure glad I did. I love this show and I think that it would be good for children ages 10+. This show has blood, violence, and brief swearing, but most children over the age of 10 should be fine. If your child is below 8 years old, they might not know what is going on in the series. Remember, for this show to make sense, you would need to watch all of the episodes in order.