All member reviews for Dragon Ball Z

Anime series stands the test of time, but very violent.

Kid, 11 years old September 12, 2010

perfect for teens

i love this show and it is very good my only problems with this show is the violence the nude the the people who kill other people and the saftey stuff like for example the safety stuff a kid watches dbz an the next think you know there are holes in the walls and they are sayin kameahmeah!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byDBZAOTA482 August 1, 2010

DBZ is the anime!

The best!
Adult Written bynduns May 5, 2010

Not the awesome show most anime fans label it as

This show is way too slow paced, and for the most part, all it really does is show off the characters' huge muscles. The storylines are the same thing every time! Some evil guy shows up, the sayajin try to stop him and in the end, Goku is the one who saves the world! It's always the same thing and it becomes very monotonous VERY fast! The manga's at least tolerable as the super sayajin transformations don't take forever, but even so, it's still just muscleheads fighting each other. What made the original series better, imo, was that everyone had unique abilities, the fights weren't predictable, and the longest they ever went for was 3 episodes. DBZ is good fun entertainment but that's about it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymrjoe94 December 15, 2009

One of the best animes of all time.

Too add to the postitive Messages later on there are strong female characters. (ones a villain that turns good later but still) This show was my childhood and was and still is one of if not the the best anime of all time
Adult Written byrtor February 19, 2009

i grew with this show and still watch it

i love this show, i think this show is good for kids. with some good values, mild violence, and no adult content at least in the censored version. in the uncensored version there isn't much inappropiate content.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written byCartoonaholic_C... April 9, 2008

Longest Lived Anime!!!

I loved DragonBall Z when I was younger, and I still love it and watch it today. It still airs on Cartoon Network on Fridays at 12:30 AM EST/11:30 PM CST, I manage to stay up at that time, when it's over, I go to sleep, and then wake up at 5:00 AM EST/4:00 AM CST (that's when .hack//ROOTS (another neat anime) is on). I don't get much sleep on Fridays due to my nostalgic love for DBZ. I also liked Pokemon, Sailor Moon, and the Powerpuff Girls (which did pop up in the U.S. at the time of this anime), and I still love Pokemon, Sailor Moon, PPG, Voltron, and DBZ today. I watch other animes and action shows on CN, Nick, and elsewhere, like Tom & Jerry, Gigantor, Speed Racer, Voltron, Transformers, Pee-Wee's Playhouse, Simpsons, Ren & Stimpy, Eek the Cat, Rocko's Modern Life, SWAT Kats, AAAHH! Real Monsters, Arthur, Angry Beavers, Cow & Chicken, PPG, Pokemon, CatDog, Sailor Moon, SpongeBob, Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat, Invader ZIM, Teenage Robot, Atomic Betty, Rave Master, One Piece, Juniper Lee, Catscratch, Zatch Bell, Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo, Kappa Mikey, Wow Wow Wubbzy, Viva Pinata, Monster Allergy, Idaten Jump, Prince of Tennis, MAR, and countless others. HUZZAH!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byKiro April 9, 2008

The original bad cartoon for kids, lol

This was my favorite show when I was a kid. I used to watch DBZ with my dad every day. The violence was extremely mild, no one ever even bled on TV. I hear that the real version was a bit worse, though. Most of the violence was just explosions, really, and I had my love of explosions instilled in me from a couple of TV movies already by the time I started watching. Nothing quite like goody-two-shoes heros saving the world from extremely powerful, but always defeatable, bad guys. DBZ is good quality entertainment for kids.
Adult Written bygato1 April 9, 2008

sweet!!

this show is actually more violent then what is shown on us tv. the japanese version has blood in it and some curse words like damn,hell and bastard.the version shown on cartoon network is the one I would recommend for 8 year olds. one other thing that is toned down in the us tv version is master roshi's advances on bulma. other than that, its very enjoyable.

Great Series!

OMG! This show is just beyond awesome. When I was like 4 or something, I watched it and my parents said it was stupid mindless violence and wouldn't let me watch it. Later I started watching is again and it was great. (I like how when Goku or Vegeta go SSJ, it's like a nuclear bomb going off.) :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byagmwhatever April 9, 2008

awesome show!!!

obviously like all japanese cartoons with dubs for kids ages 8-13 have no bad words and little blood or none at all contrasting from the original japanese version. this is only my guess because i used to watch naruto on youtube. great show. BEWARE!!! IMMATURE CHILDREN AGES RANGING FROM 5-8 MAY FIGHT EACHOTHER!!! no offense to the little guys....well it probably did but a handshake to the creator!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byPrivate Tamama April 9, 2008

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

I think that it's A ok!

The reson why I said it's an A-OK because Kids don't really have superpowers! I mean C'mon...im a 10 year old girl! I'ts not like your kids will just fly up to you and do some weird Blasts like KAMEHAMEHA......
Teen, 13 years old Written byRhen April 9, 2008

A great story, a lot of cool fighting, altogether a great show

Dragonball Z is a great show. The story is very intersting and the action is pretty cool too.
Adult Written bycommon_sense_user_12 April 9, 2008

A total bore for anyone who isn't an an 8-year-old boy

This immature Japanese fighting show is simply stupid. Characters die in almost every episode, and battles with enemies are the plot of the entire series. Boys 8 and to 10 will think this is ok, but anyone older will find it boring and stupid. A much better show with a similar plot is Avatar the Last Airbender;spectacular voice talents, a more interesting plot, less fighting (though there is some) and it's a lot more fun to watch!

This show sucked when i was little, now i love it!!

This show is for people who like stuff like sailor moon, naruto or code lyoko, and since i love all of them that's why i like it. If you don't like it then too bad, i'm not gonna force you to love it but youre missing out if you don't like it. This show helped me get back into bodybuilding, now i even do karate because i am so in to japanese cartoons and stuff. Oh, and just saying, i look like Bulma from this cartoon!
Adult Written byMommieMolly April 9, 2008

Good show!

This show is really good, as good as tv show cartoons can get. There are alot of very good messages, and good triumphs over evil. Parents, watch with very young children.
Adult Written bydragon ball April 9, 2008

as a fan.........

I love this show!!! For a full content review visit www.dragonballz.com. Please take note that I am reviewing the edited version not the 2 uncut s. Nudity = none violence= lots language= not a lot of profanity but plenty of death threats.
Adult Written byUnmei April 9, 2008

I love this show

I'm 19 years old and I still love this show. It has some good values (such as family and working together), terrific art, and while it does have mild violence, the violence is focused on saving people. It's humorous and enjoyable. Not quite sure why some other adults don't like it, I know many other people my age that still enjoy it. Hope this helps any others who are wondering!

mmaaaaaannnn

Im gonna put this in short. some eipsodes leave you wondering if you pushed the fast forward button 6 times...its total insanity in these episodes, destroyed rocks flyin everywhere and characters tryin to beatin the livin crap outta eachother every second of each episode