All member reviews for Dragon Tales

Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny June 17, 2011

Great, childhood memories... (Ignore Landshark)

Why all the hate? Dragon Tales does not have bad animation, as some people say. It's just the style of animating and, if you can't handle it, butt off. Perhaps, people are a bit too demanding and spoiled, and expect some well-done, Avatar-quality show. Listen. What other people say doesn't matter. I think this is a grade A show and deserves more praise. If anything, it's much better than your annoying, fast-paced Yo Gabba Gabba. This show is much better than that. Much of the latest baby shows have lost their touch, and become dreadful and annoying. Dragon Tales, however, seems more viewer-friendly and actually tries to entertain the child. As a '90s kid, this show really grew on me, as did Teletubbies (believe it or not), Sagwa, Arthur, Sesame Street, Caillou, Between the Lions, Cyberchase, etc. Just to name a few of the shows I watched on PBS Kids. If you want a taste of the older PBS (not the newer, suckish one), I highly recommend this show.
Teen, 15 years old Written byM. Lore March 11, 2015

I watched this show all the time when I was little. I loved it. A friend and I wanted to show my little sister this show. it's really still a great show in our oppion. They've got possitive role models and lessons and all. Part of the reason I think it's so great, is because I loved it so much when I was little, but I'm not completely blind-sighted by nostalgia. I re-watched that movie, "Beethoven". about the big dog who makes a hobby of ruining the dads life. I loved it when I was younger. But it's not a good movie. Dragon tales is a great T.V. Show though I definaly recommend it.
Kid, 9 years old January 28, 2013

AH, Memories! Luv IT!

I luv this show! When I was little, I always say "I want to go to a adventure with Ya!" Ah, Memories. From: ajroxs111
Teen, 15 years old Written byiha356 January 21, 2013

Great show for preschoolers!!

This is a awesome preschool show for little kids.
Kid, 12 years old June 27, 2012

Cute. But it Stops There.

I loved this show when I was younger. It was very entertaining and fun to watch... but looking back now-- there isn't much to it. Educational value is quite scarce, and positive messages are shallow. It's perfectly fine for kids to watch, but don't expect much to be learned from it.
Teen, 13 years old Written by_tever123 April 10, 2012

Loooooove it!!!!. I 'definitely' recomend it. (ages 2-8) depending on how long it takes to see and love ever episode

I loved this show when I was little and I've found it very helpful with my anxiety even at age 13, Cassie is my hero! Some people say that the content is too scary for ages 1-2, truth is, kids are going to see and feel more scared during life, its a good idea to have them watch dragon tales as it was desighned to help kids get over their fears safely. There is nothing wrong with the animaton of this (I've seen sooo much worse watching the newer kids shows with kids I babysit), it's a kids show and a really good one at that. I would not be the caring, sympathetic, and smart person I am now if it weren't for this show. Dragon Tales is a magical show that all kids should watch dometime or other. unlike modern shows on tv now, it makes sense, the story line is pretty easy to follow, and it deals with real life situations. more praise; all of the charectors are very well developed and easy to relate.
Teen, 14 years old Written byturyalkhan September 29, 2011

Perfect Kiddy Show

This is one of the best shows for a toddler.Although i dont watch the shows on disney junior and nick jr anymore,i still watch this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 October 5, 2010

I used to watch this show

A cute and educational show for kids. It's not inappropriate, but kids under four may not understand what's going on.
Kid, 10 years old August 3, 2010

Good for all ages but a bad, bad show.

I've always disliked this show.
Kid, 12 years old December 1, 2009

ok

This show is just ok. I used to love it when i was a todler. Ok i think this show is IFFY for 1-2 year olds and ON for 3 and up. The reason i think it's IFFY for 1-2 is because sometimes there is very very very mild scary moments that happen in some episodes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewgirl13 July 21, 2009

Great TV show for kids

This TV show is such a great show because it teaches kids lessons and it will keep children wanting more. Parents, nothing is concerning or questionable in this TV series. Great choice for your child.
Kid, 10 years old April 18, 2009

Love it, still do

No issue of anything. I would still watch it, even if my favorite show was on. (If I had to). This show is great for younger kids, telling them about situations, and how to stay out of the bad ones and solve them. It has good theme songs (I loved them as a toddler) and funny characters.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTHE TECH KID February 14, 2009

I LOVE IT !!!

I REALLY REALLY LOVE THESOS DRGAONS. I ALSO LOVE AND LIKE DRAGON LAND. I SEEN ALL OF THE EPISODE. BUT I GROWN OUT OF THE SHOW BECAUSE MY MOM LAURIE NADLER AND MY DAD ALLEN NADLER SAY THAT THIS SHOW IS A BABY SHOW.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 5, 2009

Boring!

Boring, with too much songs.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjonghyunchung April 9, 2008

Good show

But... I chose "N" not because I shouldn't be watching this show; I like it, it's just that... well, most kids my age probably won't be interested in it.
Kid, 6 years old April 9, 2008

Kids learn about fears and getting over shyness.

My kids started liking this when they were about 5 1/2 years old. I didn't get the idea until I went to the website and read the summary (see below) and the list of characters's attributes (see the website. Now, I see the context and can talk to my kids about what they are seeing. from the website: http://pbskids.org/dragontales/parentsteachers/aboutprogram.html "Dragon Tales is an animated fantasy adventure series featuring 6-year-old Emmy, her 4-year-old brother Max and the four young dragons they befriend in Dragon Land. The target audience is children 3 to 6 years of age. The new season will launch in 2005 and brings two surprises. First, Hispanic culture plays a more prominent role. Stories showcasing folk stories, songs and children's games provide compelling opportunities for viewer participation and a more overt recognition of the heritage and customs of children and families with Spanish-speaking backgrounds. Second, there's a brand new character. Enrique, six years old and bilingual, moves next door and travels with Max and Emmy to the whimsical world of Dragon Land, where the three children and dragon friends help each other overcome obstacles and cope with fears."