All member reviews for Dragons: Riders of Berk

Movie-inspired show has strong relationships, role models.

Adult Written byJEDI micah September 4, 2012

An absolute "MUST WATCH" for fans of the movie!!!

I just watched the series premiere right before I made this review, and I loved it! I think it'll be better than The Penguins of Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness! The show is just like the movie except there's going to be new dragons! The show also has positive role models and positive messages for kids! The animation is actually not that bad compared to the movie! I think this show is awesome and I hope it continues to be that way!
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 18, 2012

dragons riders of berk

rest of the Vikings? How do his unique qualities become an asset to his village? How do they compensate for what sets him apart from most of the others? Kids: Where do you notice strong relationships in this story? How do the characters communicate in a way that improves their relationships? How do the characters communicate with the dragons? Why are there so few female characters in this series? Is Astrid a positive female role model? What do you think are her strongest qualities? How does her character differ from girls and women in other series you've seen?
Kid, 9 years old September 9, 2012

SO AWESOME

epik. reason i said educational is cuz you can learn alot about dragons
Kid, 12 years old October 2, 2014

Awesome!

More than just another spin-off! Features great character development, positive role models, and great messages. Not as scary as the first film, believe it or not. Can get a little slow for older kids after the first few episodes but here and there you'll find an awesome one. Give it a shot!
Adult Written byneve1 August 22, 2014

THE WORST!

Do not watch it! It's full of subliminal messages, violence and sex!
Parent Written byAdagirl1993 June 11, 2014

Our family loves this series!

Of all the movies and DVDs we've picked out for our 5 1/2 year old, these have been the best! True fun for the whole family! Strong positive messages about family, friendship, and caring for pets with less scary stuff then many other popular movies ( Tangled, Fung Fu Panda, Peter Pan). We hate the orphan, evil mother theme of so many of the Disney movies and these have none of that. There are a lot of dragon fight scenes but they are not to scary, you never see any of them get hurt, and they often end humorously. We are now watching the "Defender of Berk" Part 1 series and these are even more appropriate for youngest kids.
Kid, 12 years old December 31, 2013

Prettty Great!

Almost as good as the movie! There are lots of new characters, both human and dragon.The animation is great, almost 3D like the movie.
Kid, 10 years old November 29, 2013

Awesome show for fans of the movie

This is a great show! It is actually quite better than the Penguins and Kung Fu panda. The plot of each episode is following a certain way, something goes wrong, and Hiccup has to put a stop to it. This show is great for fans of the movie.
Parent Written bythoughton October 9, 2013

Good stuff

Excellent series for fans of the How To Train Your Dragon movie. The production values and animation are top notch, indistinguishable from the movie. Many of the same voice actors including Hiccup and Astrid. No significant violence, certainly less than even the off-screen violence of a superhero cartoon. Watchable by adults too. My 7 year old is nuts for it.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 23, 2012

Just as good as the movie!

I love Dreamworks,so I love this show.It's so action packed! I LOVE the CGI,and I LOVE Dragons: Riders of Berk! One of the best shows on CN.BTW,did you know Dreamworks is making a MONSTERS VS. ALIENS show on Nick coming next year?! HOORAY!
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy September 13, 2012

Funny!

How To Train Your Dragon was a great movie,so when I saw the promos for this,I was excited to see it! When I watched it I was blown away! Funny jokes,great animation,ect.LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!