All member reviews for Drake & Josh

Opposite stepbrothers tough it out in tween-friendly sitcom.

Adult Written byDisneyFan April 9, 2008

I love this show!!!

Let me start out by saying that as an adult, I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! I sit and watch it when I'm home by myself. Even my husband likes it. The situations are funny, the guys are funny--the only thing I don't like is the younger sister. I know that she's supposed to be funny, but I do get tired of kids playing the "brat" and getting away with everything. I also take issue with a previous reviewer implying that those of us who let our kids watch have no morals. I have no problem with my son seeing people kissing--like someone else said, this is a bit like Happy Days, and Fonzie and Richie always seemed to have a new girl on their arm. I wouldn't WANT my son to wait until he got married to kiss someone!It's a silly show that's meant to make us laugh and relax for 30 minutes--let's not make it out to be any more than that!
Kid, 10 years old June 23, 2011

What You Should Know

well, drake and josh does have some kissing in it, but other than that, it is a really good show to watch. i would reccomend this to ages 10 and up
Parent of a 10 year old Written byskokie May 18, 2011

Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2010

Great for all ages

I love drake and josh! I've been watching it since the begining, when I was five. Even when I was that young, I would watch it; I know drake is a flirt, but that never bothered me. I think the show is completely safe, for any age.
Teen, 15 years old Written byevolinag August 26, 2011

Modern odd couple-sitcom is very funny, but sometimes has bad messages. Small kids beware!

"Drake & Josh" is a great sitcom with original gags and two terrific leading roles. More then once you will find yourself rolling on the floor laughing. The series has a sexual innuendo, but it is not that strong and is suitable for anyone over the age of 8. The thing is, Drake, one of the main characters, is very sexist and often sees women rather as objects then people. In one episode, he falls in love with a girl and suddenly sees her a person, but in the next episode he continues being sexist and seems to be single again. It takes some maturity to see this is for comic effect and not taken to be seriously. There is one scene where Josh imagines Drake's head explodes. It is that fake, computer animated and bloodless it would not even shock 7 year olds. It takes some maturity to see that Drake's way to deal with things is for comic effect and not taken to be seriously. Suitable for viewers 12 and up.
Adult Written byShadowFan567 June 15, 2009

Good for kids 10 and up!!

This show is very entertaining and very funny. it has nothing that 10 year olds would not understand. Don't listen to idiots that rated this 17+. I mean WTF!?! ITS RATED TV Y7(Ages 7 and up).
Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written bydarthparent January 27, 2009

Rated Y7, but isn't appropriate for this age.

I found my son was watching this show at a relative's house, so I thought I'd check it out. I'm by no means a prude, I thought at first I might have been overreacting, but other reviews on this site say the same: THIS SHOW IS TERRIBLE. I don't care how old your kids are. Drake is what kids would call a "playa" and Josh is what I would call "an idiot". Drake is pretty much driven through his existence by his pants. Josh is just a young version of Kramer from Seinfeld. He's like one of the stooges. They are both constantly visited by the police but magically get out of jail and trouble by the end of the show. It's hard to explain to kids that the police actually do have a positive role in society when you have these kids making a mockery of them. I could go on, but just block this show if you can.
Kid, 11 years old November 8, 2011

Funny, but no kid under 10

I think drake & josh is really funny, I started watching it when I was 9, and I was sort of used to the kissing, but i still felt weird during those scenes, so, although it's funny, I don't recommend it for kids under 10 years old.
Kid, 12 years old August 13, 2011

Girl crazed boys have lots of fun in this zany kids comedy

Story about two polar opposite step brothers moving into the same room with each other is hilarious.. Josh is a honor roll student who cares about his grades, and not popularity, the other lead character Drake, makes out and has sex with random girls from school, and plays guitar..slapstick humor between the boys, and their devious little sister, Megan (Who loves them in the end) lots of making out between drake (and later josh and his girlfriend) throughout the whole series.. No bad language but for some reason Megan calls her brothers boobs. (In one episode, she says, "those dumb boobs" and a woman looks at her breasts thinking she is insulting her..
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2011

Drake and Josh RULES!

This show is appropriate for about any age. I do think kids shouldent try to be exactly like Drake, he isnt the best role model. There is some violence (Drake and Josh wrestling, slapping each other etc) but its not a big deal if your child is well behaved most of the time. Overall this show is amazing, it is hilarious and families will love it. There is also a bit of flirting, kissing and sexual innuendo but its nothing to worry about. They still keep it appropriate for children 8 and older. I think kids and adults will love this show.
Teen, 17 years old Written by333alphabetsoup April 4, 2011

It's funny, but not for young kids.

I love this show, and I'm 17. Though it's pretty funny, I would hate to see my younger siblings watching this. It teaches kids to be irresponsable with out long-term consequence. I think the way women and teenage girls are prortayed is shallow and also gives men the wrong idea, as well as girls who watch this expecting to look like them. The show is funny, but there are things that just aren't appropriate for the kids that have access to it. I think it's aimed at a slightly higher age group.
Adult Written byWaterNymph March 18, 2011

Love it!

I loved this show!! I don't see it on TV very much anymore and I miss it! It's hilarious, Josh always cracks me up. I rated it as a show for 12 and up because Drake is constantly shown making out with someone and younger children wouldn't understand the jokes.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycsd313 January 14, 2011

A funny family show.

This show was great for me when I was 8, 9, and 10, maybe even when I was 11. I'm pretty sad they stopped making new episodes, but they still show it on TeenNick. It's really good, and I suggest your kids try it out. Sometimes, Drake can be a tad inappropriate, but in the end, he learns his lesson. It also teaches that you only do well in life if you study hard.
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2011

This show is not even funny.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 14, 2010

Kid, 11 years old February 4, 2010

drake and josh

i think drake and josh is awsome! and it ok for all kids and its really funny.just a lot of making out.
Kid, 11 years old October 1, 2009

great for 10+

I think it is a great tv show and it makes me laugh the brothers fight often but they always make up and there is alot of boyfriend girlfriend activity but who doesnt know about that stuff with hollywood today
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bySherriep314 July 25, 2009

Older kids maybe... but NOT for my girls!

Not all episodes are as bad as others. After seeing a few of the questionable episodes, I am no longer allowing my 7 year old daughter to watch this show. She now sticks to iCarly, Wizards of Waverly Place, and Zack and Cody. Drake and Josh is off limits - and she understands why. Drake is a teenage ladies man who jumps from one girl to the next - lots of kissing, flirting, and girls falling all over him. That's not what I want my daughter to learn about relationships. I don't see any respect given to these girls by Drake and none is demanded by the girls. Josh is just extremely annoying and the script is horrible and they are simply not as funny as they are trying to be.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written bymeanymom January 28, 2009

DO NOT let your kids watch this show.

Teen, 17 years old Written byorlandos_querida April 9, 2008

Cheesy, but surprisingly good

Yeah, Drake and Josh? SO not for 11+ kids. This show is geared towards 7-10 year olds. I mean, do you honestly know anyone above 10 who would be caught dead watching Nickelodeon? Come on.