All member reviews for Drop Dead Diva

Beauty vs. brains dramedy is fun, despite some stereotyping.

Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written byfollowchrist114 May 14, 2013

Perfect for 10-12 year girls- not too many bad words, no f-word, and just some kissing!

Great for 10-12 year olds, if they've been exposed before to kissing and a few bad words. Really fun to watch- and perfectly appropriate for my 12 year old daughter. The bad words: not an issue. Sex: the worst is two people lying in bed, but no activity. And some kissing all throughout the show. This is great!!!
Kid, 11 years old December 10, 2012

Amazing for 11 & up

This is a very cute and funny show about a model named Deb who dies in a car accident and then is returned to Earth in a smart, lawyer's body. She needs to face the challenges of her new body, her new life, and her new job. While working on tough cases, she deals with relationships and life. I think this is a show with a smart, positive role model and is good for 11 & up.
Kid, 11 years old July 29, 2009

Good for all ages

5 year olds would probably not understand it but when ur like my age you'll probably understand.the show is teaching u to not judge people.So it' good.
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2014

Great show, just iffy.

Drop Dead Diva is epic but it contains- Violence = In the beginning of Series 1, a character gets dramatically killed and run over by a car. It is very sad. Blood is seen on the car afterwards. Some cases involve murder, which may show realistic gory pictures of the aftermath. These involve people having holes through their faces, gory wounds on their body, etc, etc. 4/10 for violence because it is gory, just very infrequent. Language- Language is quite iffy. Contains large amounts of uses of b**ch, s**t, wh**e, h** all used in a comic content. F**k is used very infrequently. PG-13 material. 7/10 for language. Sex- Lots and LOTS of moderate to strong sexual innuendos. These involve statues looking like v**inas, references to oral sex, rape and sex in general & there can be some brief nudity seen. Some cases involve rape, which the witness is then asked what happened, and the witness describes the rape clearly. Very disturbing yet sexual. All the innuendos are VERY frequent, and there won't be a minute in Drop Dead Diva in which were you will NOT hear an innuendo. Brief sex scenes with little to a bit of nudity present. Funny, yet iffy. 7/10 for sex. Drinking, Drugs & Smoking- Some characters are seen going to a bar and drinking. Sometimes they may get drunk. Some cases involve the intake of molly, and how someone lost their lives to it. There is clear detail about the ecstasy, how it is used, how it is taken in & how dangerous it is. 5/10 for drinking, drugs & smoking. Overall score = 24/40. If Drop Dead Diva were a movie, it would be rated PG-13 for frequent sexual crude humour, brief bloody violence in a political matter & language. This would be mature PG-13, though.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNatalieActress November 3, 2012

MY FAVORITE SHOW

This show is the best ever! I think that it has a very positive message to everyone about self confidence. The show is rated PG so I think its fine for kids 10 and up, there maybe something that are little inappropriate. I love watching Jane in court!
Teen, 13 years old Written byvballgirl13 June 10, 2011

Don't be prejudice

This show has a few bad words and a little inappropriate talk but not to the point were it will influence kids. It is an interesting show that teaches kids how to not be prejudice. I would recommend it for 12 and older. I would not let anyone under 12 watch it in case they are influenced a lot by what they watch. I think that once kids turn 12 they start becoming who they are as a person and this show shows them that it is okay to be who they want to be and its okay.
Kid, 9 years old September 29, 2010

Highlights

The show is very cute. Each episode is very interesting. Jane is very pretty even though she is overweight.
Parent Written byelizabethw1 December 24, 2014

Teen, 13 years old Written byklassykinksgal September 16, 2014

Great Messages

Great plot, great story line, gives you a glimpse of being a lawyer, very little sexual content, and great messages!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMackenzie Logan July 7, 2013

❤Drop dead diva❤

I love drop dead diva! It has interesting mysteries the Jane must solve to help her clients (as she is a lawyer) as well as being cute, girly, funny and modern. Every week I can't wait for the new one! I love all of the characters, Jane, deb, Stacy, terry and even the ones you are supposed to hate like Kim. One of the possitive messages in drop dead diva is not to judge poeple by their looks, and be hsppy about yourself and work with what you have got. For excample deb was super skinny, when deb became Jane, Jane was a little + plus sized, she learned to love her new body and her new life and made the best of it. I deffinatly recommend this tv series.
Adult Written byGeorge A. P. November 10, 2012

PERFECT!!! **********

Every episode has a message! Against all bad things in the American lifestyle!! Not really applicable to Europeans, we don't have all those problems! But I LOVE the show and think it really tries to counter racism, sexist behaviour, lies, fraud, consumerism, violence and then some!!!
Kid, 12 years old May 23, 2012

Good Role Models

The show does have some violence in it but it is so minor and all that happens is a girl gets covered by oranges and some cases that Jane has involve murder but they only talk about it. It does have some sexual content like showing people in bed together and people kiss but it is definitely not anything graphic. Over all I think its a good show.
Kid, 11 years old November 19, 2011

Drop Dead Diva!

This is like Futurama, not appropriate for kids under 11 or 10. But I was watching a few episodes and it wasn't bad at all. Seasons 1 and 3 are the ones with the better episodes than Season 2. Most Tweens like me already know that language but don't use it. Characters die in a few episodes. But I love this show. I watch it when I study for a test or when I come back from school with my older brother, My baby brother, my 2 brothers who are 12 and 13, and my older sister. Big family eh. Funny Show I love it.
Kid, 8 years old September 13, 2011

Adult Written bysuZee112 August 5, 2011

Season 3 :(

Season 1 and 2 are age appropriate for kids but season 3 has too much sexual content. I would watch episode 1 of season 3 and then skip to episode 4,episodes 2 and 3 are not appropriate.
Kid, 11 years old September 28, 2009

Funny

I've watched the whole series so far and found the gunshot scene disturbing, but that's just me. Really sad but funny at the same time. Kids under 10 won't understand...