All member reviews for Dual Survival

Wilderness survival tips families can watch together.

Kid, 8 years old May 8, 2011

good
Parent Written byOldFeller1963 June 4, 2011

Excellent Survival Show

Dave and Cody are incredible role models for my children. My youngest son loves to watch Dave's cringing face as he eats the bugs Cody picks up. And my oldest enjoys the survival tips and useful information they both share. Dave is an experienced woodsman, and trained by the US military, where he served for 8 years. There's not much of a better role model you can get than that. Cody is an experienced naturalist, and can and has survived on the bare minimum of resources. He is very educated on general sciences, and teaches much about physics, nutrition, etc in the show. It is important to know that the show is exaggerated, and that people should not attempt these activities unless they are as experienced and trained as Dave or Cody. Other than that, it is very educational and enjoyable.
Adult Written byBroncosdude October 13, 2012

Good show.

A great show about surviving in many different places. Some language, and violence. They show animals getting killed.
Adult Written byTinyToya June 7, 2011

Entertaining, but some language.

The show itself has some merit. The two stars Cody and Dave do know what they are doing, but honestly the average person would forget just about everything these two advise in a real life situation. Cody is quite eccentric, but one can tell he is passionate about nature and survival. He can recognize plants and bugs that would go over most people's heads. He does curse quite a bit though. Overall, Cody does prove to be more interesting than Dave when it comes to personality. Dave on the otherhand is the go-to guy for hunting, setting traps, and the sort. Some of the things he does obviously took years to learn, like making elaborate traps and weaving his own snow shoes. Dave often curses and loves to use the phrase: That's bad a**. Overall, the show is entertaining but more because of the characters antics and the drama between them.
Adult Written byradfan May 17, 2011

Don't Watch

Bad show
Parent Written byPlague October 20, 2010

Dual Survival

Very fun to watch, and family friendly. Two opposites with the same goal is something viewers these days love to watch in a TV show.
Kid, 11 years old August 15, 2010

- -

I watched it once and I didn't like it. The show is too serious for me.
Teen, 16 years old Written byluke3854 July 12, 2010

Great Show

A few minor swears but thats it
Adult Written byttenrubr June 26, 2010

Perfect for the gulible

They make up false problems and try to pass them off as the real thing. Problem is it is so obvious a 2 year old can see through it. I could only watch a little of a couple of episodes before i realized it was just too stupid. If you want real survival advice watch Survivorman with Les Stroud now there is real survival. He doesn't have a crew feeding him off camera!
Parent of a 17 year old Written byManyHands June 11, 2010

Love the show/concept/mixture of opposite personality but knowing Cody I was surprised there were so many beeps -censoring swearing in the beginning scenes! That was a turn-off. I will watch all the series though! I'm a big fan of Survivorman too.