All member reviews for Eureka

Intriguing drama puts science in the spotlight.

Adult Written byVTXbikerchic05 July 16, 2010

not for my family but maybe for others

i hate eureka, it appalled me the first episode i tried to watch with the family and it showed a chick on the bed wearing black almost see through bra and underwear and i said "CLICK" and turned it off. that is not something i want to see being a woman let along my kids to see it..
Adult Written byJetlag April 9, 2008

Good

I really find this entertaining. I enjoy the idea that there's a secret town of highly intellegent people out there trying inventing wonderful, new things!
Parent of a 10, 11, and 13 year old Written byMike Weston July 26, 2011

Not a science lesson, but also not a waste of time

It's a decent, turn-off-your-brain entertainment for young adults and their families. The only thing that keeps it from being a good-for-all-ages show is its propensity for sexual innuendo. It's unnecessary to have it in the show, but almost every episode has some allusion or other to sex. Some may call me a prude, but I don't think that children NEED to have sex thrown in their face every time they turn on the television; especially when it is between unmarried people. On the UP side, the show does discuss a variety of REAL scientific theories, discoveries, and concepts. Don't expect that you'll get SMARTER by watching Eureka, but at least you won't regret wasting an hour of your life watching it.
Educator and Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byclcfh May 8, 2011

Choose a few scenes, but save the show for when they're older

There are some great nuggets in this show, but it's not for kids. The sexy stuff is my biggest concern. I do, however, occasionally choose a scene for my eight year old. The show incorporates some real science, extrapolating to fiction in interesting ways.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byMom to Tween January 23, 2011

Something mature tweens can share with mom and dad

I have been looking for something that will hold my interest and appeal to my 11-year-old daughter. Yes, there is some language, the teenaged daughter can be mouthy and there is some innuendo (which goes over my daughter's head, thank goodness!) but it's a small price to pay for the message that science geeks are cool, strict dads are loving and courage is admired. The relationships among the characters are multi-dimensional,which is a refreshing change. We also love the plot twists and mystery to figure out every episode. I would never let her watch this alone, but for family fare, we both give it two thumbs WAY up!
Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written bygabajoran September 4, 2009

Mostly positive. Check individual episode ratings.

I'd rate this ON for kids younger than 14 because when you look at the entire series--not just an individual episode--it's mostly a great show appropriate for younger kids. I have screened some episodes and not let my daughter watch one or two but they are the minority. Overall the show is inventive, smart and funny. Science is spotlighted. The "difficult" child turns out to very responsible and smarter than she realized. When things go wrong it's dealt with responsibly. The person who solves many of the town's problems is not the smartest person in town but he's got common sense. The few issues I don't like aren't common enough or bad enough for me to feel that I should stop my 11 year old from watching it.
Kid, 9 years old January 3, 2010

Awesome show!

I like this show. Some times my mom fast-forwards through parts, but other than that, it's fine. I love this show, and I think it is inventive. To watch alone, 12+. To watch wiith parent, 9+. I give 4 and a half out of 5.
Kid, 12 years old February 8, 2013

Good for a mature, well-raised child

I am a student in the gifted program at my school. This is one of my favorite shows. It combines science with comedy, like Doctor Who or Back To The Future does. Since I was little, I have been a geek, so this show is perfect. There is some cussing, but kids are usually exposed to that on a daily basis anyway. Sometimes they also replace words with some thing else such as "What the frac?). It all depends on how the kid is raised. It never really shows anything other than what you might see on Twilight, or similar movies/shows. There is some violence and gore, such as blood and murder. Once again its not uncommon for kids to see this on many other shows. So essentially, this is a great show, as long as a kid is well raised, and knows the difference between shows and reality.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySifiDude October 15, 2012

A Wonderful Show!

Eureka has a lot of science and technological involvement. I love it. I recommend it to everyone who likes science, math, computers, or education. There are many scientific, mathematical, and technological jokes throughout the episodes. It is recommended that you have some background knowledge on America's history. If you like it, please go onto the Eureka Facebook Page and help bring Eureka Season 6.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLukasMinar August 16, 2012

My favourite TV show

Adult Written byBoiseNoise March 9, 2012

I'd rather my teens watch this than many similar shows.

The father-daughter portrayal in this series is far more positive than how parents are portrayed in most teen series. The father is clearly an authority figure, and his daughter, for the most part, respects him. Even adult sex is played down and what's shown on screen is pretty clean compared to what I've seen on a lot of other shows. I really like this series, and I would feel much happier about watching it with my kids than, for example, My So-called Life, or Kyle XY.
Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2012

I <3 this show!!!!!!!!

I don't understand why people are saying it's so bad. And it gets better as seasons go by. My whole family's hooked, and my god-sister are too. One of them is 8. And even she cracks up at a lot of the jokes because it isn't that bad. And the mouthy teenager turns into a pretty good role model in other seasons. And me and a bunch of my friends have put Jo as our role model!!!!! She's so AWESOME!!!!!!!! Anyways, this show is clean compared to some shows people let their 8 year olds watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycatsaremyfriends August 16, 2011

EUREKA!!!

me and my parents watch this together. My family and friends all love it (especially one of my friends pushing woman's rights. She loves Jo). It's scary, but mostly, it's funny.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymarnii April 20, 2011

this is brillant series
Teen, 13 years old Written bymatt2 October 21, 2010

eureka! they have done it.

I am so into sci-fi.l this show is clean for the most part and you don"t actually see them do it. the plot of late has taken a confusing turn,there is action but not too much violence. This show is well within the fine zone for teens.
Teen, 17 years old Written byXavier_888 January 20, 2010

The best!

great show, I really love the science base.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysamcsmovies October 2, 2009

Appropriate for most

Really great show, cool concept, and amazing science.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykossu August 12, 2009

Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul 2.0;... April 9, 2008
Adult Written byZoe_Washburn April 9, 2008

Fantasticle

The best show on tv. I even have my mother hooked. Smart, fun, entertaining, and above all, sci-fi.