All member reviews for Everest: Beyond the Limit

Climbers risk it all to stand on top of the world.

Not yet rated
Adult Written bytashafallen April 9, 2008
Adult Written byijklukowski April 9, 2008
Adult Written bypcp April 9, 2008

Discovery Chanel Disgusts Me

A new low in is played out as a reality show with no consideration to human lives. SUCKS BIG TIME.
Adult Written byrjr April 9, 2008

One of the best in years

I have not seen a show with more realism. The dialogue is absolutely first rate and very compelling as these climbers risk their lives to achieve one of their ultimate goals. What is it like to climb Everest? Everest:Beyond the Limit has given me the most realistic and insightful picture of that adventure. In fact I can't think of another movie/show/book that has done it better! This is absolutely a must view series for anyone who wants to better understand the human need for adventure.
Adult Written bycruxmuv April 9, 2008

Inaccuracies are frustrating

As someone who has climbed in Nepal and knowsa fair amount about Everest, I really WANT to like this show but I've been frustrated by some amateur mistakes on the part of the writers and/or producers. First, there is no such word as "disorientated" - it's "disoriented." Second, the altitude of Everest's peak was stated incorrectly as 29028 feet - that's the old measurement, which was updated to 29035 feet 10+ years ago. Small details, but c'mon people - do your research and use a dictionary if necessary.
Adult Written bycherokee7 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byjeffwho April 9, 2008

should be titled over the limit

how many times can you say death zone would be another title for this show . overdramatized , overplayed . plus a little loose on the timeline ie:7:30 am 2 hours of oxegen left 11:30 am still no new oxegen but?? low and behold were still breathing . granted the everest summit is hard work , the show suffers from robert scott syndrome "make everything seem 10 times harder for ratings" on another note watch it with the sound off as the scenery is SPECTACULAR!!!! and is the only reason i made it to the end , that and hoping i'd see Tim fall off the mountain . sounds harsh but he was rather a jerk well i need to go as ive been up in the death zone for too many hours .
Adult Written byoneputtmax April 9, 2008
Adult Written bydmashok April 9, 2008
Adult Written byKathy3xc April 9, 2008

Phenomenal, could not stop watching

I was told about this series by my sister and was sorry that I had missed the episodes until I realized they were replayed on New Year's Eve. This was by far one of the most interesting, intense, visually awesome specials that the Discovery channel has ever shown. The knowledge I gained from the show was astounding. The individual storylines about the lives of the climbers who risked so much to climb the Summit was amazing and inspiring, especially Mark Inglis,and Mogens Jensen, an ashmatic, who unfortunately was unable to make the entire climb. Actually, the entire group of climbers really tugged at my heart and soul with their drive and determination. My hat however, goes off to the Sherpas who, in my opinion, are the saviors of the Summit Climbers. I would buy the series if it became available. A definite must see!!!
Adult Written byBooshway April 9, 2008

Great Educational Video

It was great the only very sad part was when one of the climbers had to lieve on climber from another expedition to die. After trying every thing that he could. Other than tha is very educational and inspirational. It shows that there is no Limit and we can do anything we just need to work to make are dreams come true.