All member reviews for Everwood

Engaging but controversial show for teens.

Adult Written byCheerx0x143 April 9, 2008

Awesome show

One of the great hour shows that are on now a days and you don't have to hide this one from you parents.
Adult Written bysoccerchick April 9, 2008

Loved It. Great story line. Characters have great lines and their lifes are so exciting and interesting! So NOT boring!
Teen, 17 years old Written byScout Collins September 24, 2013

Everwood Is the Best TV Show EVER.

Everwood is a super-amazing show. Unlike Disney sitcoms, where editors have to add laughing effects so people know when to laugh at the un-funny jokes, Everwood is actually funny - kids, teens AND adults will all laugh at different things in the show. I won't give away the plot, but so far (I am in the middle of Season 2) the show has been breathtaking and unbeliveably outstanding. It is my favourite TV show. The only things that might be inappropriate to an audience of age 11 and under is that there is some smoking and drug use (discussions, actually showing it, etc.) but smoking and drugs are a real part of life and this show really explains deeply the cons of drugs/smoking. There is some swearing but the writers of the show use swearing "tastefully". There is hardly any violence/sex shown in the show. The writers wrote and developed the characters SO well that anytime something bad happens to a character I like (or even one I don't like) I feel really sad! The writers made the characters so real that once you watch the show you actually get to know them as if they are real people. Everwood is a REAL show about REAL people and REALISTIC events. Almost every episode deals with some kind of medical-related thing (widely ranging from things like teen pregnancy, bulimia, AIDS, a debate about anti-depressants, etc.). This show explores real relationships (romantic, sibling, parent to child, boyfriend/girlfriend, etc.) and it isn't one of those shows where if something bad happens (e.g. one of the characters is diagnosed with cancer) it is dealt with in one episode and by the end of the episode everyone forgets that something bad happened in the first place. If something bad happens, the characters remember it and have to deal with it. The show explores first girlfriend/boyfriend relationships. The show portrays them very realistically. The show also explores parent - child relationships. The main characters in the show don't have perfect families; often there are disagreements and fights and the characters (like in real life) have to learn how to deal with them. I could go on forever about how unbelievably wonderful this show is, but I'll just finish by saying it is the closest to perfect any TV show has ever come to (in my opinion). I was so disappointed to find out that the show was cancelled after Season 4. It really deserved to have 10, or even 20 seasons because it was/is so fantastic. Please do watch the show, I promise it won't be a waste of time.
Adult Written byhamsandwizh April 9, 2008

Good program for most people

If this is the type of show you like, then great. But I honestly don't know about letting younger teens watch it alone. It isn't nearly as bad as other shows out there but some episiodes talk about sex, or kids wanting to have sex, or high school kids dating older women. I think about any teen, around 15 or 16 and older can watch it on their own, I think any kids younger then that shouldn't always watch it alone and I personaly recommend that parents go to the shows website and click on the show, 'Everwood' and see what that next show will be talking about and decide if it is ok for their kid to watch it alone, if at least one of the parents should watch that episode with them, or if the kid should not watch that episode at all. I am 19 and watch the show but there are a few that I've seen that talk about sex, or using pot to ease someone's pain who is sick where the only doctor against it comes around at the end, and a few shows that I've known would talk about stuff like that and I don't even watch those and I feel if i had younger teens, under the age of 16 (A lot of teens that age and younger do watch this show, my girlfriend's sister does and shes 14) I would have to watch some of the shows with them and explain why some of the stuff they are doing isn't right during the tv breaks, even if my kid gets annoyed by it. And some I think I wouldn't let my younger teenagers watch, I'd take them out to dinner or something just so they won't see it. But, I'm only 19 and don't have kids, but that's how I believe I would do it.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Best show on TV-Parents should watch with their teens

Teen, 15 years old Written bycomedian737 April 9, 2008

Splendid program.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywishucdb3Dlkme September 9, 2010

I love this SHow

Adult Written April 9, 2008

upfront and honest

This isn't a pleasent show. However, in the real world, delicate and "hard to face" realism is open and refreshingly addressed in a transparent fashion. It is a show made to stimulate issues that need to be faced at the appropriate time.
Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

More boring television that really doesn't alienate my mind from the stress of life.
Adult Written byagnesmac April 9, 2008
Adult Written bybumblebee April 9, 2008

Teen years and problem solving

This show was cancelled but will rerun from beginning starting in October on ABC Family. Only season 1 is available on DVD at current time. The show was cancelled too soon witht he merger of UPN and WB networks. A great miscalculation and unfortunate for everyone that like smart dramas with wit, humor and thought provoking situations. If you haven't checked it so!