All member reviews for Family Guy

Contrary to its title, this isn't a family show.

Teen, 13 years old Written byThreeDaysGracesGirl October 17, 2010

You can't shield your kids from the world. Get over it, or don't be a parent.

Parent of an infant and 7 year old Written bySteffauri516 September 3, 2010

A Hit and Miss program

Family Guy is a good show, mainly for teens and young adults. It's raunchy potty humor and random hilarity keep young teens interested but there are some very mature subtle subjects that get dropped into the program. While some of the episodes end with a good message or moral-lesson, for the most part they are all the same in their crude humor and lesson-less programming. This show is on for kids age 13 and older.
Educator Written byMr. Carthic May 3, 2010

mINORS NO

this show could be is rated TV-PG, TV-14 (edited), and TV-MA (uncut). no one under 18 may watch this and should be on HBO or a pay channel.
Kid, 9 years old June 29, 2010

The dumbest show on Earth.

Uses of b***h, a**, h*e, middle fingers, h**l, f**k, d**n, d****t, g*****n, references to Judaisum, violence, drinking, smoking, messages that are stupid, d****e, p***s, p**s, n****r, s**ks, b**ls and s**t are used frankly. Do not watch Family Guy. It's the dumbest, stupid, hyper-sweary, innuidio-ish show ever.
Kid, 12 years old July 17, 2009

horrible show should not be on air

bad show that nobodyshould really watch. it's a bad show. lots of alcohol & drugs. Strong language. Strong sexual content that even adults shouldn't be exposed to. Lots of offensive language that's offensive against races & religions. Too violent. It's studpid because like every season they have this dumb clip where peter fights a chicken and it takes like 10 minutes out of the show. No good role models and very bad messages.
Kid, 12 years old March 6, 2011

Family Guy

All the kids in my homeroom watch this show, and I didn't know much about it until I looked it up in a website about the plot and characters. Mr. Griffin is a drunkard and Mrs. Griffin always gets into fights with him. Megan is unloved, and you'd think she'd stand up to her family and schoolmates who treat her unkindly, but instead, she is misguided into thinking that intercourse makes people popular. Chris isn't the worst, but he says things like "whip your A-word". Baby Stewie drops lots of F-bombs and kills people. I myself have never watched this show, and the website I researched it on (I'm a science kid; I research everything!) referred to things that were in the show that were bad. I'm a fan of the Cosby Show, and every time a kid at my middle school mentions Family Guy, I wonder why it can't be like the happy, loyal, yet humorous Huxtable family in the Cosby Show. Why does every "funny" show have sexual references, racism, prejudice, and things like that? I simply request that you never watch this show. Watch good sitcoms instead.
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo June 26, 2010

Absolutely not for kids, are you kidding me???

There is absolutely no reason a child should be viewing this show. Kids younger than 15 should not even know what this show is about. This show is iffy for ages 16-17. This show is CRUDE, sometimes DISGUSTING. If you are a parent, please don't show your kid this show. There is absolutely no reason for this show to be seen by children. I am somewhat shocked to see that any children have reviewed this show. I do think it's a funny show for adults, but I would think poorly of a parent telling me that they are in favor of letting their kid (pretty much at any age under 17-ish) watch this show. And I am a pretty live and let live person. This show is just too over the top. The role models lie. Rampant sexuality. Continuous drinking, drug and pedophile references. Rape is made a joke of, as is the treatment of women as objects. As an adult, you laugh at its absurdity, but for kids, what kind of messages are you teaching them? Remember, they're sponges.
Parent of a 1 and 5 year old Written byMimi37 November 3, 2011

Life is too short for watching something like this

It's incredibly misogynist. It's a lot of other things too, but the frequent jokes about rape and the running joke about how fat/stupid/ugly/worthless the whole family openly thinks the daughter is are what I object to the most. (Example: in one episode where the family home is being burglarized, a running joke is that the daughter is too ugly for the burglars to rape.) The show's creators and fans argue that they make fun of everybody equally and the whole point is that it's so un-PC, and if you're offended you just aren't getting it. No, I get what they're doing -- I just find it repellent.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGHlegend777 July 21, 2009

LOL Show, but not for young kids.

Despite the concerns I have given above, this show is iffy for ages 12 and 13, but fine for 14. My concerns are conversed following this sentence. LAGUAGE: Assuming you watch the show on TV (FOX, TBS, Local Channels), the most taboo words are bleeped out. Only d***, a**, h***, bi***, ba*****, are used. SEXUAL PRESENCE: Mild sexual innuendo, sometimes using a fully naked Peter, used in a comical way, with his fat covering his genitals. Other than that, there is two episodes that involve nudists, but it shows no nudity. Once again, in some episodes, the female genitals are shown, as well as the male genitals, but are once again bleeped out. VIOLENCE: Violence is present in about 3/4 of all episodes, once again used in a comical way, most times. About 1/4 of all violence is meant in a non-comical way. Alcohol is present in near every episode. DRUG USAGE: There is usage of cigarettes and marijuana (marijuana in very few episodes, as with cigarettes). MESSAGE: Very few positive messages. Sometimes doing good deeds is the message, while other times the message is that marijuana is okay (the worst message). ROLE MODELS??: Family Guy is not a good role model for young children, but children over 12 should be responsible enough to not use these actions, and 14, the child/children are definitely old enough and responsible enough to handle it. Every episode, except one or two, is rated TV-14, which I think is a wise choice, rather than TV-MA, which would drive away a lot of viewers and give parents a bad idea about the show. I am a VERY responsible child, so I was allowed to watch this at 10, way back in 2006. This is one of my favorite shows and I watch it daily, albeit on DVD and TV. Up to the Volume 3 DVD set(NOT SEASON 3) every thing that was bleeped out remains bleeped out. Volume 4 and up, it's uncensored, so keep that in mind if you buy a box set for an age 12 or 13 child. Thanks, GHlegend777 P.S. Marijuana is in the Volume 7 DVD box set.
Parent Written byheretohelp May 1, 2012

Let children watch!

When I first saw my son watching this show I was concerned. I sat down an watched the show with him, just to check it out. I do recommend this show for people who like comedy. And it is safe for children, as long as you let them know not to follow the shows actions or laguage.
Adult Written byimconcernedblah... February 26, 2009

ITS MAURE, ITS INCONSISTENT, ITS LEWD yet...

I love it!!!!!!! Brilliant without sacrificing slapstick.
Adult Written byLuridHope November 18, 2008

Bonfire of the Humanities

You don't have to be religious nut or even particularly moral to identify Family guy as an ethical train wreck. This show is loathsome towards woman, and finds humor in making a mockery of sexual violation and wanton murder. I don't know how this one flew under the radar here at common sense.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMonarkWing June 29, 2010

Disturbing....

I hate to say it, but it is intertaning, but I still want to go into the studio and bash the creaters heads in. They were picking on the holocaust! Making it seem like a huge joke. And it is really discusting and a complete waste of one's time. Sex is definetly one of the main topics, it makes me gag. Bad enough at school... Well, do NOT let your kids see this. Just dont if you care at all for your child.
Kid, 9 years old February 6, 2010

Hilarious!!!

Besides the racism jokes and all that stuff they make fun of hannah montana, marlee matlin, alien, the muppets, jaws, adam sandler. yeah they make fun of everthing but some of the skits are funny and clean but have just some crude humor! It kind of depends what episode your watching to determine if you can't watch the show because some of the episodes hav crude humor and mild language which are mostly theold ones (Seasons 1 and 2)
Teen, 13 years old Written byBootyliciousXoX0 April 9, 2008

i love it

i have been watchin it since i was 7 and its sooooo funny. parents just shouldn't give a crap. kids are gonna learn it eventualy so who cares.
Kid, 11 years old November 22, 2014

A good show but not appropriate for kids

Family guy is a great show although it uses some bad language. Words like bitch, masturbate used as a sexual term, whore, F**k, middle fingers, c--t in only one episode: S7E3 and one deleted scene: S11E4, bastard, hell, damn, s--t, twat, slut, bitch, whore, p---y, douce, queer, faggot, asshole, ass, dick, and c--k. There is sex but not shown. Violence is extreme at this point. People get shot in the head and stomach multiple times, bodies are opened up with blood and guts everywhere from explosions or car crashes, people choke or get strangled by people, animals or creatures tear apart humans and blood is everywhere, and this even includes cannabalism. There is also a lot of alcoholics and alcohol. People get drunk and drive which leads to the car crashes.
Written byAnonymous December 23, 2012

This show is Off for 15 & Under.

OK I didn't see this at 11 Years Old Because of the Sexual Innuendo and the References. I also didn't see it at 16. But I started seeing it at 18 Years Old.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHeq073198 January 17, 2012

BIRD IS THE WORD!!!!!!

Okay y'all, it's time to grow up, and quit freaking out at every little joke made. If this was supposed to be a kids' show, they wouldn't have "parental discretion is advised" at the beginning of the show!!! This show is not for lessons in life, it's for laughs! And it provides plenty of those, I assure you. This show makes fun of EVERYBODY so it's kind of stupid to take offense when there is no one it DOESN'T make fun of. You either make fun of no one or you make fun of everyone. They chose to make fun of everyone. Me and my brother LOVE this show and watch it together and joke about it when he comes home from college. Somebody calling the chicken fight stupid? It's one of the funniest parts! Everyone hating Meg? That's the point! It's hysterical! Stewie doesn't really try to kill Lois in the newer episodes, and in the new ones he is a LOT funnier than the old ones. Psycho killer baby? Kinda funny. Pop-culture obsessed, actor/singer/choreographer/writer baby? HILARIOUS! But my favorite is Peter. He is BEYOND FUNNY!!!!!! He bought a mentally challenged horse!!! He is probably my favorite comic T.V. character ever!!!! All y'all younger kids rating this as a stupid show are probably just mad that your parents don't let you watch it. Y'all have to put this into context. IT'S FOR ENTERTAINMENT!!!!
Kid, 10 years old August 6, 2014

Family Guy Review.

I think this show has a little too much sex and swearing but the quality and comedy of this show is off the charts. I think a lot of kids would love this show it is just that too many parents these days are way to over protective. Do you think that if somebody sees sex on TV do you think they are just going to go and do it? I didn't think so. Next time your kid asks to watch Family Guy I think you should give it a chance.
Kid, 12 years old July 30, 2011

It really depends on your kid's maturity. So funny!

Absolutely HILARIOUS!! Seriously, I couldn't stop laughing!