All member reviews for Farscape

Complex sci-fi thrills from the far side of the universe.

Age

Adult Written byaileronguy April 9, 2008

A good adult/older teen show

And I wish it was still on TV... It is(was) about time a sci-fi show came along with more than a surface plot, and this was it. Funny, visual, and imaginative are the ways this could be described. Definitely for adults and older teens, but the kids may hear you laugh during some parts of it.
Adult Written byCommanderC April 9, 2008

Too bad they canceled it...

This show is one of the few truely original sci-fi shows. You'll either love the puppets or you'll hate them. Or, like me, you'll start off with dislike and move towards acceptance. It's hard to rate the language category because all swear words are completely made up. Parents should know their children, but most teenagers should be able to handle, and enjoy this gem.
Adult Written bystargategeek May 3, 2010

I personally love FarScape but i don't think kids should watch it because of the sexual content in the later seasons of the show
Teen, 13 years old Written bythe filminator April 28, 2012

common sense media's review is missleading.

I have not seen this show for many years and I would like to get the box set. However do not be fooled by this seemingly harmless sci-fi adventure, the last 2 series are rated 18 and the rest are rated 15. Although the only disturbing violence ( the parts that my dad did not let me see when the series was on tv ) is when a man is tortured (I think by electrocution) and a man and his partner are obliterated by gun fire. The only other thing worth mentioning is that there is some mildly offensive language and some aggresive behaviour between the main characters. Finaly some of the theames covered in this series are probably too adult for younger audiences.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJosiawesome March 2, 2012

Entertaining, but not for everyone

This show has an interesting story and a colorful cast of characters. The story mostly -but not allways- centers around the violent events that suround the crew on Moya. There is one episode in which the central part of the story is a gauntlet that gives the wearer power but is addictive like a drug. In that episode one of the female alien characters strips her clothes off and is shown fully from the back. It's a brief scene that parents need to be aware of. Other than that, this is an entertaining show to watch.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byrachel4missions July 4, 2009

There IS some language and violence, but a good show still...

Crichton uses words like "a**" and "hell" and the occasional "d***". However, it's relatively tame language and most of the words are made up, such as frell. it's a great and original series, and while younger kids (around 10 or 11, I think) might be bored, if they want to watch it I'd definitely let them.
Adult Written bymamakate April 9, 2008

an adult fantasy that is OUT OF THIS WORLD!

I wouldn't let my tween watch this show because it is very violent and sexual. But I TOTALLY love it as an adult. The writing, acting and character development are excellent! The story lines are interesting, thought provoking and often HILARIOUS! The sexual tensions are wonderful and the special effects are incredible! especially for a TV show! I really miss it. Very sad that they canceled the series.