Buffy creator's space Western entertains.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMegan Hall April 15, 2010

FREAKING AMAZING

LOVE IT! a bit of violence/sex, but I don't think it is enough to make a point of it. Deffinitly my fav show
Adult Written byluffy900 August 6, 2009

Firefly great for mature audiences

This is such an amazing show, filled with action in space, gun battles, conspiracy, it's an amazing show, the only problem is that one of the crew members (Inara) is a registered prostitute and some sex scenes are show (one with another woman), though nothing explicit is shown, it's still unnecessary, but I highly recommend this show if you love sci-fi and if you love westerns, this is your show.
Adult Written byPax241 April 9, 2008

Off the air...bummer.

Best Sci-Fi series in a long time. You will like it.
Kid, 11 years old July 30, 2016

Best SciFi series ever!!!

This is the best SciFi series ever!!! It was prematurely canceled. Why would you cancel a show like this?! Great characters, just ahh! Great series. There's a lot of SciFi violence and they have a "Companion" on board their ship. Companion is another word for prostitute. Overall this is one of the best TV shows ever!
Kid, 9 years old January 22, 2016

Just Great.

Positive Messages: None, 0 Positive Role Models: None, 0 Sex: Scenes Reference It, Characters Kiss And The Word Is Said Once Or Twice, 4 Violence, Shooting, Sword Fighting, Blood And Body Parts Coming Off, Crashes, 3 Swearing, Lot's In Different Languages And Some In English. 2 Drinking And Drugs: Some Drinking, Occasionally Characters Are Slightly Drunk, 1 Overall: 70/100
Teen, 16 years old Written byW0PR January 1, 2016

Excellent show with an atheist main character!

This show is in all ways good. I especially like the anti-religious themes, it is nice to see a show that does not revolve around the bible and "god". There is a sort of priest on the ship who sometime mentions the bible but no one takes it seriously. The violence is fairly moderate and includes, but is not limited to; shooting, stabing, electrical and mechanical torture, and in one case, imprisonment in a small box for four years. There are also some sexual themes but it is not over the top and there is always a moral of some sort involved.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEmberdragon November 17, 2015

Good, but not for -13

Yes, I am rating this a five star, because it one of the best shows around. But, It's really not good for kids younger than 13, there is drinking, and a "companion" (prostitute), but there isn't much swearing. The story is great, and really makes you want to keep watching. There is a lot of violence, which i don't agree with, but the overall show is great. I advise parents to not let their younger children watch this.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywestpointboy July 29, 2015

good show

Firefly is a good tv show to watch anywhere its available on most streaming sites but you should trust your teen to skip the sex in it
Teen, 13 years old Written bysnowdayk June 28, 2015

Firefly

Firefly is a space-Western. There is some swearing, however it is not very inappropriate.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDavid's Flower November 12, 2013

13 and up

I think Firefly is definitely a brilliant piece of science fiction done by none other than Joss Whedon, but I won't give a review based upon the writer and creator. I personally enjoy Firefly and recommend it to anyone who enjoys science fiction, a variety of characters, violence, action, humor, and can tolerate certain scenes that involve love making (nothing too explicit - it's usually bare backs and shoulders, no more). Firefly follows a war wounded Captain Malcolm Reynolds and his rag tag crew on the space ship Serenity. There are a few good lessons incorporated into Firefly amidst the guns and action, such as loyalty, trust, and friendship. I definitely do not recommend it to anyone under the age of 13 but that is to be left to the parents to decide.
Teen, 13 years old Written byK8 October 1, 2009

Great Show teens and up.

This show is very good. It is the perfect mix of drama and comedy. It can get very dark at times and has some very sexual stuff. I watched this show when I was twelve and it should be fine for very mature 12 to 13 year olds,
Teen, 13 years old Written byearth100 September 28, 2009
Teen, 15 years old Written byTomoko April 9, 2008

Gritty hard sci-fi

This isn't the Enterprise, folks. It's a smart, witty show set in the rough-and-tumble of the outer planets in a fictional solar system.