All member reviews for Fish Hooks

Cute pet store antics have positive messages for kids.

Parent of a 2 year old Written bydbzfabgirl September 17, 2010
Well Chelsea stuab is the voice actress and kyle massey to milo its a really good show there is that clam that loves oscar thats the only wierd thing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPhilosoraptor July 19, 2016

Funny show great for family

While some may say it's a ripoff of Spongebob, it's a great show for kids ages 7-11. It's more original than most Disney shows now. My mom even watched this show with me, and wasn't bored. The characters are great, the plots are funny and not recycled. This show is worth your time.
Parent Written byBCarter327 November 1, 2013

WTF Is Disney THINKING?!

This show is TERRIBLE for kids! Sexual innuendos, lacking in decent content, kissing, bad language. VERY inappropriate for my kids! I am a die hard Disney lover! Why they have decided to make TERRIBLE cartoons just like the other major networks, is beyond me. They have always been successful without bad cartoons like Fish Hooks and Wander Over Yonder. BTW I LOOOVVVEEE Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls is tolerable and Fish Hooks and Wander Over Yonder are both OUT OF THE QUESTION! NOT GOOD!
Adult Written byash220 October 8, 2010
Parent of a 7 year old Written bydmosley67 September 26, 2010

Not good for a 7 year old

This cartoon really appealled to my 7 year old. However, during the first episode, we saw Milo's bottom and inappropriate language such as "screwed" and "screwed up" was used more than once. Very disappointing for my daughter as she won't be able to watch this one!
Teen, 13 years old Written byRomans818 July 30, 2014
Kid, 10 years old September 23, 2013

good, but theres one episode you have to watch out for

Before I begin, I would like to say I'm only reviewing an EPISODE. The episode is called " Labor of Love " I would have to rate it two stars. Really! I mean, yeah, Mr. Baldwin is proposing. THAT IS NOT MY PROBLEM! He's having BABIES. Pushing, noises. NOBODY UNDER THE AGE OF 9 ( unless they are really mature ) SHOULD SEE LABOR OF LOVE!
Teen, 17 years old Written byILoveTacoBell September 12, 2013

Ripped off SpongeBob! D:

Worst Disney cartoon EVER. It's a gross, stupid, annoying rip off of SpongeBob SquarePants. The animation is choppy and stiff at the same time. Not to mention the fact the the characters are HORRIBLY designed. Bad acting as well. Please don't waste your time with this, go watch SpongeBob instead.
Kid, 12 years old August 26, 2013

Like my 3-star rating says, just fine

"Fish Hooks" is definitely an odd show. At times it seems similar to SpongeBob (Milo = our yellow buddy) but it is also different in countless ways. The animation is interesting, mixing in real life textures and photos with the magic of computers to create eye candy. I really do like the idea of three friends together, two boys and a girl, without anyone thinking they should date (though of course Oscar has a crush on Bea).
Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2013

Meh...

It's not very funny and is pretty gross. Animation style is weird and crude. The fishes are fine, but everything outside of the fish tanks is disturbing. It's some sort of realistic looking thing, even the dude working there. It likes to give out disturbing close ups, too. The show would probably fit better on Nick or CN. It's like an animated teen sitcom, made up of stupid drama. Lots of crushes and lovers...stereotypical high school guys and girls. Probably should be TV-Y7.
Adult Written byTrami Nguyen August 16, 2013

Fish Hooks is a great cartoon show!

I watch it before, but I'm too old to watch it only my little cousin watch it!
Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2013

a Non-Frightning show

I dont think that this TV show is Frightning coming from a 10 year old girl who has a little 4 year old brother thats for and watchs it
Parent Written byratethis June 24, 2013

some value, but not much!

this show has some value but not much, it's like spongbob squarepants, both are very stupid and gross nothing here is really inaporpriate for kids exept for just like spongbob it's stupid, and mindless, ocassionly there might be a positive message but do you really want to waist your time looking for it?
Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2013

OK

not great, but is about FISH school. has some crushes ect. but is good for
Kid, 12 years old June 5, 2013

COPYRIGHT TO SPONGEBOB! My review of it!

Oh my god, this is copyright to Spongebob, I hate it and this show had a annoying theme song, crappy animation and characters, sorry, Oscar is very stressed, Bea is hyper, when I watch an episode, I can catch some very sexy fashion moments from her friend, Milo, I hate how he is a party guy dude that is so annoying, it is terrible! Please don't bother!
Teen, 14 years old Written byOneCrazyCartoon May 7, 2013

Fish Hooks: Good!

"Fish Hooks" shows how high school was probably one of the best and worst times of your life. Its main characters (Milo, Oscar and Bea) are very good friends who always stick together, which is a great example to kids and preteens. Episodes will often focus on one character's problem and the others trying to come up with a solution for it. Though there are a lot of stereotypical side characters (Examples: Steve Jackson is the school's "most handsome" student, Jocktopus is the school's bully and star athlete, etc.), they aren't the main focus of the show. The biggest issue for kids watching is mostly the minimal sexual content. For example, Clamantha has a very "stalker" like crush on Oscar. Also, there are a bit of recurring jokes about Oscar having a crush on Bea. But these jokes are very minimal and aren't always present in episodes. So overall, "Fish Hooks" is a really good show about sticking together through thick and thin.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhippersnapper.com April 14, 2013

watch out for theme song name

because there is a song and its name is called ring the bell and people will think its the song ring my bell that's different from fish hooks. and the name should have change to like wake up it's school time so it's name doesn't sound like the intro song from Heaven's lost property AKA sora no otoshimono
Teen, 17 years old Written byJacobBrandyDoggy April 10, 2013

Boring

Boring
Teen, 15 years old Written byAuthor221 January 13, 2013

I'm Gonna Be SICK!

Okay, really? This show is pathetic! WAKE UP, DISNEY! You're obviously copying SpongeBob (and when I was little, I watched that show, so I know.) I watched one episode and I was literally holding my mouth to keep myself from getting sick. First problem here is clearly, the gross-out humor. There's way too much of it. For example, when Milo's in that fish tank with all the sick fish one fish's face peeled off. I feel sick just writing about it, and when they show Milo's butt, it's just disgusting. Another problem: the puppetry cartoons (i.e. the cat) may be WAY TOO FRIGHTENING for younger kids. It scared me, and I'm 15 years old! Despicable! Also, where's the originality? I see a cheap knock-off of SpongBob here (which I don't watch anymore because I'm old enough to see how bad it really is.) Also, I do hear some questionable language in here, mainly for little ones (i.e. jerk, screwed up.) Here's another thing: a pregnant MALE teacher!?? That's not funny, that's just disturbing. Here's something else: the violence. I know for a fact that there was this one episode where Milo and Oscar (was it them? Can't really remember) were being chased by this giant, monstrous cat that looked ready to slaughter them and have them for dinner. It scared ME, imagine how younger kids will feel! I also saw, in the opening titles, a HUGE crab shoot out of nowhere and show its pincers. That just made me plain uncomfortable. Why, Disney? WHY? I never watch TV anymore because of the garbage you've been making, but by making Fish Hooks, you've gone way too far! Either clean up the show's act, or CANCEL IT!
Kid, 11 years old December 24, 2012

Parents are REALLY overprotective

It's good, but for little kids. I'm 10 but I outgrown to the Reality Channels or teen nick. I think it's great and it gave me a new catchphrase Heyyyyy Girrrrrrrl! Parents are WAY too overprotective these days. I think the show still rocks for me now. Parents are too overprotective. Kids like me watch movies with sex every week for crying out loud! You are REALLY OVERPROTECTIVE if you think this show is inappropriate so just sayin, Chill out!