All member reviews for Fish Hooks

Cute pet store antics have positive messages for kids.

Age

Teen, 15 years old Written byLayschipsxx November 30, 2013

INAPPROPRIATE BUT BRINGS A MESSAGE

ok so this show is very funny and good for kids but at some points this show is very sexual. 1. milo is always shaking his butt and saying to everyone "you wish you had this" 2. when the curly hair one dresses like a girl he always shows his chest like a girl its weird? 3. and when milo and the curly hair one dressed like girls and broken in to a girls slumber party that doesnt teach kids nothing! and final milo was drinking beer before in a cup, bea and the curly kids always flirt, they always to crazy things that are kinda scary, and lastly its just horrible.
Kid, 11 years old November 19, 2013

Fish Hooks is Not A Good Show.

There are so many things this show could improve on. When the show first came out, I watched it. I thought it was weird and mindless. And for those two reasons, my mom absolutely hated it. I realized as the series grew that the whole show was a waste of time. The characters were not realistic whatsoever. Bea became shallow and annoying. Oscar's image was changed. He was Milo's sort of sidekick, only he had to fix whatever Milo had done on his own. And Milo.... Milo is just stupid. He is always making bad things happen, and he 'says' he learned his lesson at the end of the episode. That is just one big fat lie. Milo just does the wrong thing in the next episode, and the cycle continues on and on. I guess if things didn't work like that then there would be no show. I think I like it better that way. As for educational value, there is none. As I said, the series is mindless. The only positive messages are the overall morals of the episodes, which are uncovered in the end. The one problem is that these messages are show in very obscure ways. I don't want to watch an episode about how Milo 'toots' in Oscar's bed, and then learns a lesson on respecting people's property. The fish are not good role models, especially Joctopus, the school bully. Clamantha is just plain disturbing, and every other character is stupid. There is violence. Joctopus is often hurting or pounding people, and the other fish just watch from the bleachers. Oscar has a crush on Bea, and he is often embarrassed about it. In one episode they dance at the prom. No bad language is used. There is no consumerism at all, other than promoting the Disney company image. There is no drinking either. Thanks for reading!
Kid, 10 years old September 23, 2013

good, but theres one episode you have to watch out for

Before I begin, I would like to say I'm only reviewing an EPISODE. The episode is called " Labor of Love " I would have to rate it two stars. Really! I mean, yeah, Mr. Baldwin is proposing. THAT IS NOT MY PROBLEM! He's having BABIES. Pushing, noises. NOBODY UNDER THE AGE OF 9 ( unless they are really mature ) SHOULD SEE LABOR OF LOVE!
Teen, 17 years old Written byILoveTacoBell September 12, 2013

Ripped off SpongeBob! D:

Worst Disney cartoon EVER. It's a gross, stupid, annoying rip off of SpongeBob SquarePants. The animation is choppy and stiff at the same time. Not to mention the fact the the characters are HORRIBLY designed. Bad acting as well. Please don't waste your time with this, go watch SpongeBob instead.
Kid, 12 years old August 26, 2013

Like my 3-star rating says, just fine

"Fish Hooks" is definitely an odd show. At times it seems similar to SpongeBob (Milo = our yellow buddy) but it is also different in countless ways. The animation is interesting, mixing in real life textures and photos with the magic of computers to create eye candy. I really do like the idea of three friends together, two boys and a girl, without anyone thinking they should date (though of course Oscar has a crush on Bea).
Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2013

Meh...

It's not very funny and is pretty gross. Animation style is weird and crude. The fishes are fine, but everything outside of the fish tanks is disturbing. It's some sort of realistic looking thing, even the dude working there. It likes to give out disturbing close ups, too. The show would probably fit better on Nick or CN. It's like an animated teen sitcom, made up of stupid drama. Lots of crushes and lovers...stereotypical high school guys and girls. Probably should be TV-Y7.
Adult Written byTrami Nguyen August 16, 2013

Fish Hooks is a great cartoon show!

I watch it before, but I'm too old to watch it only my little cousin watch it!
Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2013

a Non-Frightning show

I dont think that this TV show is Frightning coming from a 10 year old girl who has a little 4 year old brother thats for and watchs it
Parent Written byratethis June 24, 2013

some value, but not much!

this show has some value but not much, it's like spongbob squarepants, both are very stupid and gross nothing here is really inaporpriate for kids exept for just like spongbob it's stupid, and mindless, ocassionly there might be a positive message but do you really want to waist your time looking for it?
Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2013

OK

not great, but is about FISH school. has some crushes ect. but is good for
Kid, 12 years old June 5, 2013

COPYRIGHT TO SPONGEBOB! My review of it!

Oh my god, this is copyright to Spongebob, I hate it and this show had a annoying theme song, crappy animation and characters, sorry, Oscar is very stressed, Bea is hyper, when I watch an episode, I can catch some very sexy fashion moments from her friend, Milo, I hate how he is a party guy dude that is so annoying, it is terrible! Please don't bother!
Teen, 14 years old Written byOneCrazyCartoon May 7, 2013

Fish Hooks: Good!

"Fish Hooks" shows how high school was probably one of the best and worst times of your life. Its main characters (Milo, Oscar and Bea) are very good friends who always stick together, which is a great example to kids and preteens. Episodes will often focus on one character's problem and the others trying to come up with a solution for it. Though there are a lot of stereotypical side characters (Examples: Steve Jackson is the school's "most handsome" student, Jocktopus is the school's bully and star athlete, etc.), they aren't the main focus of the show. The biggest issue for kids watching is mostly the minimal sexual content. For example, Clamantha has a very "stalker" like crush on Oscar. Also, there are a bit of recurring jokes about Oscar having a crush on Bea. But these jokes are very minimal and aren't always present in episodes. So overall, "Fish Hooks" is a really good show about sticking together through thick and thin.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhippersnapper.com April 14, 2013

watch out for theme song name

because there is a song and its name is called ring the bell and people will think its the song ring my bell that's different from fish hooks. and the name should have change to like wake up it's school time so it's name doesn't sound like the intro song from Heaven's lost property AKA sora no otoshimono
Teen, 17 years old Written byJacobBrandyDoggy April 10, 2013

Boring

Boring
Teen, 15 years old Written byAuthor221 January 13, 2013

I'm Gonna Be SICK!

Okay, really? This show is pathetic! WAKE UP, DISNEY! You're obviously copying SpongeBob (and when I was little, I watched that show, so I know.) I watched one episode and I was literally holding my mouth to keep myself from getting sick. First problem here is clearly, the gross-out humor. There's way too much of it. For example, when Milo's in that fish tank with all the sick fish one fish's face peeled off. I feel sick just writing about it, and when they show Milo's butt, it's just disgusting. Another problem: the puppetry cartoons (i.e. the cat) may be WAY TOO FRIGHTENING for younger kids. It scared me, and I'm 15 years old! Despicable! Also, where's the originality? I see a cheap knock-off of SpongBob here (which I don't watch anymore because I'm old enough to see how bad it really is.) Also, I do hear some questionable language in here, mainly for little ones (i.e. jerk, screwed up.) Here's another thing: a pregnant MALE teacher!?? That's not funny, that's just disturbing. Here's something else: the violence. I know for a fact that there was this one episode where Milo and Oscar (was it them? Can't really remember) were being chased by this giant, monstrous cat that looked ready to slaughter them and have them for dinner. It scared ME, imagine how younger kids will feel! I also saw, in the opening titles, a HUGE crab shoot out of nowhere and show its pincers. That just made me plain uncomfortable. Why, Disney? WHY? I never watch TV anymore because of the garbage you've been making, but by making Fish Hooks, you've gone way too far! Either clean up the show's act, or CANCEL IT!
Kid, 11 years old December 24, 2012

Parents are REALLY overprotective

It's good, but for little kids. I'm 10 but I outgrown to the Reality Channels or teen nick. I think it's great and it gave me a new catchphrase Heyyyyy Girrrrrrrl! Parents are WAY too overprotective these days. I think the show still rocks for me now. Parents are too overprotective. Kids like me watch movies with sex every week for crying out loud! You are REALLY OVERPROTECTIVE if you think this show is inappropriate so just sayin, Chill out!
Kid, 10 years old December 24, 2012

Okay Show

Listen to me, although I don't really like this show (eh) I still think it is age-appropriate for 7 and up and it's a good show.
Kid, 10 years old December 18, 2012

excellent

no bad words a very good show it is also very educational to respect others
Adult Written byJEDI micah August 30, 2012

Tales from the pet store!

It may not be my favorite cartoon, but I recommend this for little kids because it is creative and cute! The fish characters may actually remind kids of Spongebob. There's not much cartoon violence in the show. Kids will definitely find Milo the funniest throughout each episode!
Kid, 12 years old August 25, 2012

Pointless

A cartoon about fish in a pet store. The fish are in high school, so some things are mentioned that younger children, maybe age 6 and younger, would not understand. At the same time, kids 7 and up might find it cheesy. There is flirting and the words "stupid", "jerk", and "suck" are mentioned. In a Few episodes, the bully beats other kids up. Nothing iffy, but I would only watch it if the only better thing I could think of doing would be taking a nap.