All member reviews for Flashpoint

Teen, 14 years old Written byTmendius June 3, 2012

One of the best cops shows I've seen

FLASHPOINT is a show about the Canadian equivalent of a S.W.A.T. team ( the Strategic Response Unit, or S.R.U). In each episode the men and women of the S.R.U. are involved in situations that are too dangerous for normal cops, such as hostage situations and bomb scares. The team includes tactical officers, negotiators, and snipers. Sgt. Greg Parker (Enrico Colantoni) leads the team, followed by team members like Ed Lane (Hugh Dillon), and Sam Braddock (David Paetkau). What parents should know about this show is that the team is frequently involved in shootings, suicide attempts, and other violent situations. People are frequently shot, and stabbed. Blood is no stranger on this show. In some episodes the S.R.U. is forced to make a "scorpio shot" which involves the shooting of a suspect that refuses to drop their weapon (and/or release their hostages, is threatening officers, etc.). After each call the team members are shown, sometimes dealing with the emotional hardships that come with their profession. This gives the show a more realistic feeling. This show is not any worse than shows like CSI, but it is a show that needs to be approved by parents before viewing.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycaliforniaman714 April 23, 2011

Perfect for Teenagers and their Parents

I was really happy with this show because it is one of those good shows that does not have a lot of language in it. I find that is it a good cop drama for Teenagers and Parents to watch. This is one of the best shows I have seen in a long time. I love the way that this show always has me on the edge of my seat because I am not going to know what happens next, there is always something new every episode and fresh. This show is the perfect show for Teenagers and their parents to watch as some bonding time. I have started to watch this show with my parents and I love it.
Kid, 9 years old November 24, 2014

it`s amazing

i am on season three and is getting better by the second!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old November 5, 2014

One of my favorite TV shows.

Parents need to know that there is some language in this show but nothing too bad. There is a lot of violence and some blood. The show is about an SRU team (the canadian equivalent to a SWAT team). The show is ot overly violent. The characters never want to shoot at someine but will if they have to. Overall this is a great show and I reccomend this for parents who want a good show to watch with their kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySavanna22_2 August 1, 2009

I personally watch the show and I have a 12 year old sister that watches it took. I think it is one of the best shows i've seen in a long time.