All member reviews for Food Detectives

Fun science show solves culinary mysteries.

Kid, 11 years old April 15, 2009

Fabulous show!

This show is soooooooo good. I like cooking and it has fun tips and experiments like, if you crush up cereial(sp) that has lots of iron in it, you can pick it up with a magnet!Its a great show.
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bysmirkey1 August 27, 2009
I looked up shows that Common Sense recommends for kids 6-8, and this was one of them. We watched this morning and LOVED it!! The kids and I learned, were interested and entertained. Loved how they showed what happens when you microwave "things that you shouldn't". Can't wait to watch more episodes!
Parent of a 7 and 13 year old Written bychicklette April 23, 2009

Practical science for anybody who eats!

Finally a Science platform show that everyone can relate to! Despite how much you consider yourself to be a "Knowledgeable Foodie" or not...this program has something for everyone! Food Detectives helps establish an appreciation for not only the foods we eat everyday but also for how amazing our bodies are in processing and utilizing food. The show addresses everything from food safety and nutrition to food physics and well....the "end" result of food! Host Ted Allen is great in his clear explanations and demonstrations, making it a show for the whole family to enjoy!