All member reviews for Friday Night Lights

Teen, 13 years old Written bynnowgoo April 9, 2008

Teen, 17 years old Written bytankgaski April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byHOLLISTERshortty April 9, 2008

Nice work!

I love this show. Although I have to disagree with the standards. There are sex acts. No doubt about it. But otherwise it is a great show. [[:
Teen, 13 years old Written bykummy14 August 14, 2009

GREAT SHOW FOR TEENS

this show is a really nice show with some good football action. there are some scenes that are not appropriate for kids 13 and under.
Teen, 15 years old Written byshesmagic16 July 30, 2011

Football and Much More

I'm not a football fan, and I'm most definitley not a Texas girl. So, what is it about Friday Night Lights that's kept me watching for the past five years? The fact that this show has so much more to offer than just small town football. The show's cast is remarkable in that father and son, could truly be father and son. Coach Taylor and Tami have undeniable chemistry, and portray a marriage that is one of the best to ever exist on TV. Script wise, these Texas teens go through challenges such as rape, life altering injury, teen pregnancy, and alcohol addiction. Friday Night Lights unfolds these plots in the most honest and realistic ways I've ever seen TV do. If you think your child is not yet mature enough to understand these topics, they probably should not watch. Finally, this show is exeptional for its filming. This part is hard to describe because every element of a shot is so thought out and perfect. If this show sounds like something you'd enjoy, I highly encourage you to watch it. It's about much more than football, it's about a Coach trying to turn his team into worthy young men.
Teen, 17 years old Written bykiddo dog lover March 4, 2013

Good show with adult themes

This is a good show, although has some adult themes. know your child.
Kid, 11 years old June 18, 2013

Watch This Show and You Will Learn a Lot.

Parents, this is a show that you should watch with kids, because it teaches so much about life, love, respect, and compassion. It taught me so much about how humans live their lives. I highly recommend that in some point of your child's life, you should watch this show with them, and help them learn about how to live a good life.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycaskett May 4, 2014

EPIC!!!

I love this show!!! It has great role models and a great message. It has references to sex and virginity. There is also drinking it it. It is in my top five TV show (its behind Castle and Brooklyn 99)!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bylkay32 January 11, 2014

Great Show About Family, Love, and Friendship

I thought It was a great show that dealed with religion, love family, and friends. There were questionable scenes for kids under 10, but over all it was great. It does deal with some hard subjects like sexuality and abortion. When I first saw this show on Netflix I never thought I would watch a show about a small town high school football team, but once I started watching I realized that it was so much more than that. It was really about family, love, friendship with some football to make it interesting.
Teen, 13 years old Written byapollo. January 3, 2014

amazing show, iffy for immature veiwers.

Overall friday night lights is a great TV show, with some positive messages. In a couple of the seasons sex is a really big problem though, there's never any real nudity, but teens are seen in bed together, and virginity and sex are both discussed, even though the main characters are still in high school and not married or anything. There is also a lot of underage drinking, and a lot of under armor product placement. As long as your child is mature and able to handle these topics it is an amazing TV show to watch, I watched all 5 seasons within 3 weeks I loved it so much, but why does everyone say 'watch this show with your kids' that just makes it awkward for both of you, thats my oppinion anyway.