Moody conspiracy drama is creepy, complex, and masterful.

Parent of a 5, 9, 11, and 14 year old Written byJamesRobertson January 4, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written byArtpig August 1, 2011

Fringe

This is a fantastic series
Parent of an infant, infant, 3, and 5 year old Written byMississippiQueen January 7, 2009
Adult Written byEyesCovered May 4, 2012

Overall, Fringe is Best Show With Smart Characters.

I love Fringe. It is my favorite show on TV. Been watching it since day 1 and will continue watching it. But, you really should know that... There is that whole unnecessary male/female/lovey dovey thing. I don't want to see any of that. We get it. you are sleeping together. I don't care. The only season so far that really had nothing objectionable in that regard was season 2. Except for one scene where 2 guys were in a strip bar. Couldn't they have gone to Applebee's? Seriously. It is GROSS. Every week I am amazed by the disgusting, weird, scientific things that happen. I have to look away quite a bit. But it's so doggone interesting!!!! There is quite a lot of drug content. One of the main characters is a scientist who frequently "self-medicates." Not exactly the best role model in my opinion...but maybe the writers think it's ok as long as we know that this character is not completely right in the head...? HHmm. This show is violent. It's about an FBI agent. That being said, adult viewers will get a lot out of this show, unless all these things super offend you. The sex and drugs do bother me quite a bit. but then I just switch to espn. I'm a sports fan girl.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOneCrazyCartoon February 15, 2014

Fringe for Teens, Not Kids

I discovered Fringe in the recommended section of Netflix. After watching a few episodes, I find it a great thrilling ride only a producer like J.J. Abrams (Lost, Star Trek films) could bring. It meddles with the concept of "fringe science"; ideas that are very strange and physically impossible now being present all over the world. Focusing on one female FBI agent, a "crazy" scientist who experimented with "fringe sciences", and his not-so-willing-to-help son, it dives into the three investigating, analyzing and curing these unknown, unexplained occurrences. Violence is quite present in the show (car chases, guns, explosions) and there is a small bit of sexuality (The main character is shown in a intimate relationship with her work partner in the first episode.). I find that these factors would make the show best for teenagers and adults, not children.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCoolcolourofpink November 25, 2014

Quite Graphic

This program would be ok for older teens, however, it is extremely gory. In the first episode alone, there is a HUGE amount of gore. In the first episode it is not shown briefly either, but with a long scene that wouldnt be out of place in a horror movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFoxDragonFilms December 29, 2013

FRINGE

This is really one of the best shoes I have ever watched.
Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2011
its ok i'm not really into it tho...
Teen, 15 years old Written bykatiemay017 December 13, 2009

GREAT SHOW 13+

great show. My friend introduced to me, and i have been watching it ever since. Sometimes it can be a little scary, but there is usually humor mixed in. They don't swear alot, barely any sexual stuff, but sometimes Walter says things relating to sex. GREAT SHOW, you should watch it sometime.
Adult Written byShellsWells October 8, 2009

Awesome TV- but not for the real little guys!

As an adult- I love this show... with that said though- it can have some gore and blood and unusual stuff that may be too scary for younger viewers. Other the past season the characters are developing and good story-line. Most will not be disappointed- just be careful about allowing your younger ones see this show- you may be up all night dealing with thier nightmares.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzachisfalloutboyfan1 April 10, 2009

It is AMAZING!!!! GREAT, ONE OF THE BEST

Teen, 13 years old Written byParker H. February 19, 2009

Awesome

This supernatural FBI show is a show that will set you thinking. It's puzzling and filled with plenty of gore and action. In some scenes you see doctors actually doing surgery which can be somewhat disturbing. But I enjoy it every time.
Adult Written byAnna_lana November 12, 2008

Getting frustrating, but good for a shocking thrill

I really did not think the show was going to appeal to me, but friends and family were saying it was great, so I gave it a shot. It was originally very interesting and intriguing, and each episode is very different, but I can't help but feel like there really isn't enough information about the overall story, so it is being dragged on and on and on. Some tidbits of the story appear, but then are ignored in the future episodes. I have found some of the cases disturbing, but nothing you wouldn't see in a movie. I love the role of Joshua Jackson/Peter Bishop and can't wait to see how his character develops further.
Adult Written byprabesh2001 February 20, 2016

Great and smart show for mature tweens and teens

Great show, It requires a strong concentration in order to understand the plot. Very smart and cleverly written. Best science-related show.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycbar04 August 26, 2015
fantastic series, but very creepy and sometimes the plots make the show seem real. Olivia is a wonderful character and is a strong, independent woman
Kid, 12 years old July 28, 2014

Awesome show!

Note: I am prepared to be a hypocrite, saying the show is not for me when I'm twelve and it still being one of my favorites. Fringe opens almost every week with a gruesome horror-ish twist. The twist can continue into the rest of the episode. Also, really nobody is a great role model for your kids. Peter is... well, he's Peter and he's too mature for kids, Walter is insane, and Olivia Dunham is ruthless. Walter normally solves the episodes with "fringe science", which is NOT to be confused with hard or even realistic science. It can also be gruesome. It will not make much sense to younger viewers. Walter is the main sex reference maker, although being insane I guess you can let that slide. There's no nudity, although there are unclear sex scenes. So yes, people do get laid. I would choose to shy away from this if you have kids, and take a moment to honestly evaluate how much your teenager can handle. If they can handly gore and adult concepts, then Fringe is one of the best shows out there in my opinion. If they can't, then you might want to look somewhere else.
Kid, 12 years old June 9, 2014

Based on Episode 1

It looks really good based on the plot, so we got it on DVD collection and watched the start of episode 1. It started out as a sci-fi gorefest on a plane. People's skin were bloody and melting off like cheese on a pizza. A guy's jaw collapsed and he was moaning. A guy injects himself with something with a syringe. People on the.plane are infected with disgusting results (melting skin, bloody eyes, blisters and pus on face). Though it looks good.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMyMyRa96 June 2, 2014

Love this show

There is so much to say about Fringe, it's hard to find a starting place. This show never stops to take a breath--it is non-stop action and extremely engaging. The characters are complicated and the plot consists of hundreds of twists and turns that will leave you stunned and wanting more. For younger kids, some of the scenes may be frightening. The show, for mature kids, is great!
Kid, 12 years old May 6, 2014

Amazing.

Information on inappropriate content: Violence every episode. Gunfights, explosions, sometimes disturbing human experiments. Lots of action. Scenes of characters in bed together. Sometimes just kissing, sometimes sex. (Scenes with straight out sex are NOT graphic. In these scenes the camera could be foggy, behind a curtain, or made distorted.) No nudity in the entire series. Opinion on the series as a whole: Full of great action, developing characters, and a great tone. One of my favorite TV shows! I highly recommend this to anyone that loves sci-fi, action, suspense, and crime genres.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDay Nevada June 2, 2013

Great show...But very graphic

It's a great show, but it is a very graphic show, so if your kid tends to have nightmares or vivid dreams this is a definite no, and if you do not want your kid exposed to these kind of graphics. I don't mean bloody I mean liquid brains coming out of ears and faces falling off graphic.