Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Fuller House

Nostalgia bolsters family-centric sequel of '80s sitcom.

Adult Written bycarenh February 27, 2016

Shouldn't be rated G!

Netflix rates this a rated G but it was full of inappropriate content. It said "D---" multiple times, had constant sex jokes (thankfully they probably went over the kids heads) and even a reference to the Kama sutra, boobs, and more. I did not find this show to be clean at all. What a disappointment.

Adult Written byModestdad February 27, 2016

Not a family show unlike original

Fuller House has some nostalgia from previous serious but plays between being family friendly and being raunchy which doesn't work. Some swearing and alcohol consumption. Main thing that is disappointing is a lot cleavage, sexy dancing in early episodes etc. This supposedly family series is nothing but. I expected the same good family values as the original but they are not here. Also the writing is not very good although there are a few good moments with DJ's kids. Overall I would not recommend for kids at all. Big disappointment not what I expected.

Adult Written byJaclynrich February 27, 2016

Not for young kids at all

This is really a disappointment. I loved Full House growing up and was excited to watch this with my family. The message in the show is great but it could be delivered without all the sexual references, alcohol and really skimpy clothing. Without all of this, it would be a great family watch. Just within the first 2 episodes there are multiple references to sexual things like boobs, semen, Kama sutra, lesbians, etc. I hope these things went over the kids heads because the family sentiments are really good otherwise.

Adult Written byJAC04 February 28, 2016

A Complete Disappointment

My family was so excited to see this Full House sequel. Luckily I decided to watch it before allowing my kids to see it. I figured it would be fine since it was Full House and stared Candace Cameron-Bure. I was wrong. This IS NOT a family show. I gave it four episodes to turn around. In those first four episodes there were direct references to, and jokes about, sex, karma sutra, breasts, drunk sex, masturbation, and semen. It is raunchy and tasteless. Not to mention the characters are always drinking, even in front of the kids. I was also disappointed to hear Candace cussing and talking about her breasts. Why couldn't they just make a good, wholesome, family show like the first series? I do not recommend this show at all, and will definitely think twice before watching Candace Cameron-Bure again.

Parent Written byBpostema724 February 28, 2016

Not a Kids' Show!

I have been previewing this show to see if my kids and I should watch it together. It is hard to find good family shows and this certainly isn't one. There are so many references to sex and alcohol. The show is more about the grown ups and their problems than the kids. So disappointing.

Adult Written byChris S. March 2, 2016

Screen a few episodes without the kids first.

I don't really understand who this show is for. The lion's share of the humor is provided by cheesy over-explained jokes propped up by an inexplicably guffawing studio audience (or a more explicable laugh track). But amongst the baby farts and dog doo jokes there are inexplicable (I don't think I can avoid overusing that word in this review) sex jokes, drug references, and bad language in general. ________________________________________________________________ Jodie Sweetin's chest is featured so prominently I'm surprised it doesn't have its own introduction during the opening theme song. I made it through five or six episodes before I couldn't take any more, and I'm pretty sure her body was either on display or explicitly mentioned in every episode I watched. In the first episode she picked up her baby nephew and made a "my eyes are up here buddy" joke when the poor kid looked in her general direction. The baby can hardly be blamed for making eye contact. Her cleavage took up so much of my screen I had to turn my head to see it all. And not that it matters, I guess, but the revealing outfit that led to all this hilarity is what she chose to wear to a family party for her father. Strikes me as just a wee bit weird. ____________________________________________ Characters are called 'sexy,' discuss sexual prowess, hint at sex-related exhaustion, and refer to infidelity. Drugs and alcohol work their way into the story lines either by mention or by on-screen consumption. And all that is in just the first episode! I honestly don't feel comfortable typing out some of the jokes in later episodes. _____________________________ So who is this for? I understand the idea of trying to throw content in to the show intended for different audiences to enjoy, but it's not as simple as just lazily cramming dirty jokes in where they don't belong. This show feels like a vegetarian restaurant that tosses pieces of steak in all its salads, trying to entertain everyone while ending up with a product that's not really for anyone. _____________________________ And to not be all negative, a couple bright spots. The show is generally well acted and put together. Jodie Sweetin is misused here, but she actually shines through her two-dimensional (not literally) character a few times, revealing a real acting talent underneath. I see a lot of potential there and hope she'll take on more interesting roles after the exposure (sorry) here. Also, the baby is adorable. If Netflix releases a supercut of all of his facial expressions I'll tune in for that. ______________________________________________ I could stomach the terrible jokes if this was the family friendly show Netflix thinks it is. Instead if I watched this with the kids I would experience terrible kid jokes followed by either uncomfortable silence or awkward explanations of the adult jokes that are here for no discernible reason. I've been waiting for Netflix to deliver a family show on par with some of their great programming for adults, and the wait continues. ______________________________ (sorry for the formatting apparently we can't use paragraphs here)

Adult Written byNstrange February 29, 2016

Not for kids

Way too many sexual references, immodest clothing, and alcohol for kids to watch. Very disappointed. Not very entertaining for adults.

Adult Written byMrs. A.T. February 28, 2016

Not what I Expected for a Family Show

My kids are 10 and 12 years old and love the Full House episodes. However, we were very disappointed with the new Fuller House, as it is very inappropriate for kids. The themes center mainly around the adults who use foul language, a lot of PDA, and wear very skimpy clothes. The character Stephanie had both her breasts barely covered in a red dress- you could see everything, it was very uncomfortable for me and my children to watch! This is not a kid friendly show!

Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byTuesdayBear February 28, 2016

Cute... but be careful with this one

We're huge fans of Full House - I grew up watching it and my 12 year old daughter owns the series on DVD. We were both excited to watch it, but she didn't make it through the first episode. Admittedly, the first episode is incredibly campy. But many first episodes of shows are terrible, so I kept watching through episode 7. The show is at its best when it's allowed to develop its own plots without too much nostalgia. The children on the show are fun to watch. And there are many moments with the sisters and Kimmy that are heartwarming. For moms who grew up watching the show, you'll find that DJ and company are still dealing with issues that are relevant to you. I am, however, disappointed that I don't trust this show to provide wholesome fun for my children. Yes, there is sexual innuendo, but Full House had that as well. But in the third episode, a main character dresses in an incredibly skimpy outfit that looks like lingerie, expresses concern that the outfit is too revealing, but then goes out in it anyway! In the same episode, the girls get drunk and then laugh about how their behavior has changed due to the alcohol. References to lesbians are made. In a later episode, a main character yells the word "Damn" at the top of her lungs. In my family, we don't say this word, and I was glad my kids weren't watching it with me. Bottom line is, there are things in this series that you may or may not agree with. Best to go in prepared and maybe pre-watch it before you show the kids. I personally don't think it's the family-friendly show it purports to be, although it may end up working with your own family's morality. And there are certainly scenes in which characters act like good role models. It's just not consistent in its values, which is a bit confusing.

Adult Written byAlisa_33 January 3, 2019

Very good for young kids and their families!

I have been watching this show since day one, I'm 12 years old and I think this show is very interesting and funny I also don't get how people say its inappropriate there is NOTHING on here that you wouldn't see/hear at school or the internet! I totally recommend this show!

Adult Written bysara r. March 7, 2018

BAD totally inappropriate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't even let my 21 year old watch this

Adult Written byAshley S. January 30, 2018

We have lost sense of what constitutes "family friendliness"

My family is of Christian faith, and it is well publicized that the lead actor of this show, Candace Cameron Bure is a Christian as well. I thought that might mean that if she would commit to this show that it would be a good, clean family sitcom with decent family values. It doesn't come close though. Many other reviews here call out the language, the sexuality, homosexual references, drinking, girl-on-boy-violence, provocative clothing (this last season Bure's character wore a bathing suit with a neckline down to her belly button). Yes, these are all problems that I see with this show and I agree wholeheartedly. Some reviewers seem to believe that despite some language and sexual innuendo that there are still good family values on display and to that I say, our concept of “good family values” has apparently gone down the drain. In this show, over the course of all 3 seasons I have observed the following: A widowed, working mother of three trying to juggle it all – this is fine as a story line, and is similar to Full House obviously, but DJ is almost never seen spending quality time with her kids. Other, effeminate male characters are left to take care of the kids quite often in this last season. Stephanie and Kimmy are also often left to take care of the kids. Yet DJ has time to date two different men. DJ is never really seen talking through dating multiple men with her kids. It seems to me that doesn’t send a great message to the children. I highly doubt, at least the eldest son would have been okay with this, at least not so easily. Kimmy and Fernando are basically shacking up all the time, even though they are technically divorced. This is very obvious to their teenage daughter. There never seems to be movement towards their official reconciliation via remarriage. Stephanie struggles with infertility, a real problem for some women and great to see addressed on a TV show. But let’s get real here. She is in no way emotionally or financially prepared for parenthood, she can’t even buy a cup of coffee. She is dating Kimmy’s brother who seems to be stoned all of the time. She decides to seek a sperm donor. The boyfriend volunteers to be her donor, after much debate about how serious a commitment that is. They go back and forth, eventually deciding he will do it, and that he will commit to her by committing to raise a child together. What?!? No conversation about getting married. They just jump right into having a baby together! How is this different than having a child with your boyfriend out of wedlock? They took a very serious, very sensitive issue (infertility) and tried to dress up sex and pregnancy out of wedlock at the same time. Forget about your children watching this show, I don’t want another TV program that makes stuff like this okay to anyone, adults or children. On that issue, Kimmy volunteers to be the surrogate for Stephanie. She is obviously committed to her ex-husband Fernando to some extent even if they are divorced, and yet she doesn’t talk through this major decision with him? Every single male on this show behaves in an effeminate way. Even the two oldest boys (DJ’s kids) are pretty feminine. It’s one thing to be in-touch with your sensitive side as a male, but this show, like many others, takes it too far. Why is our society so afraid of masculinity? Why are men not allowed to be men anymore? It is clearly supposed to be funny but I just shake my head in sadness over it. These are not good family values, for anyone. This is another sweet-seeming “family” show that fools viewers into thinking that certain things must be okay if this cute little TV family is doing them. I have traditional values and this is just one more show I need to cross off my list. Be cautious of all Netflix exclusive shows. They are not bound by the same ratings guidelines of traditional cable and as you can see, it leads to a free for all where inappropriate shows can be rated for General audiences. What a joke.

Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byAbbyY81 March 7, 2016

13+ At Best

A lot more sexual innuendos and inappropriate references than the original. My husband and I have only made it through the first three episodes and were hoping the show would be appropriate for our girls who love Full House as I once did! The G or PG rating is too lenient. Sure, most of the sexual content would fly over our 8- year-old's head, but our 12-year-old would soak up and understand all the inappropriate content. A PG rating needs to stand for all ages under 13. You can't protect your children forever, but this should at least be rated PG-13 as it would be uncomfortable watching with a child who is 10 to 12 years old. We have chosen to not watch this with the kids and it's too bad we can't.

Adult Written byJeffbasu March 2, 2016

Terrible show and not for young kids

Terrible show very poor acting and talking to the camera that resembles something from a high shool video production., and yeah first show they are heading to the club in a boob flashing outfit and joking about her large breasts.... How did they come up with age 7 rating are you kidding??

Adult Written byOsohappy February 29, 2016

Not family friendly

We were so excited for this. I grew up watching the original, my kids watch it too. I figured it would be a little more racy than Full House was, but it was too racy for our liking. We don't watch tv sitcoms as a rule, so maybe this is very mild for the typical American family. Women are dressed inappropriately. Sexual references. Drinking. I expected better. Very disappointed. I don't want to promote the lifestyle portrayed as normal for my kids.
Adult Written bychrisd26 February 29, 2016

It seems people remember full house diffrent then I do

Ok yes this show is a tad over the top with "extremely brief mild language and sexual jokes " it's exactly like the old show me and my 12 year old sister love it found it hilarious the relationship between Ramona and the boys is too sweet and a good example of a good brother sister relationship "finally " and the full house girls are as loveable as ever and yes there's talk about boobs big deal every girl has them geees people on here need to lighten up and wake up and remember some times. Full house itself used rather rough language and sexual humor so moms please lighten up I swear to my god some people just bug me i love the show and if U give it half a chance u will too ps i am a guy and not a parent but have 3 siblings and me and my sister 12 love it I still have a huge crush on kimmy gibler and the kids are all 4 hilarious together and as I Sayed a good example of sibling bonding not constantly fighting like on most sitcoms

Parent of a 3 year old Written byYogarina September 28, 2017

Hilarious show I can actually stand watching with my son

Reading the other reviews, I am shocked! This show is hilarious (much like the original) and my almost-4-year-old and I love it equally, for different reasons. My son loves the dancing, singing, and mostly Max. I love the adult jokes that fly over his head and the familiar characters. If people truly think this is a 13+ show, they are firmly out of touch with reality. As a child psychologist and mom, I really love this show and think it's cool for all ages.
Parent of a 6, 8, and 12 year old Written byEva J. December 17, 2016

Disgusting

My husband and I are totally disgusted with this show. It is totally not appropriate for young children. As a mother of two girls (ages 6 & 8) and a boy (age 12), I am very upset that this show is being rated for young children. I am also upset with Netflix for allowing this show to be rated where my children are exposed to this garbage. I am also upset with Netflix for not giving me the option as a parent to remove this show from our Netflix account. Otherwise I have loved Netflix.

Adult Written bybir56777 March 8, 2016

Not for young kids

As an adult, some of their themes even made me feel uncomfortable. I was SO excited for this to come out and now I am SO disappointed. It's pretty much impossible to find a TRUE family friendly show that doesn't have bad language and sexual references.

Adult Written byJenna88 March 6, 2016

Not family friendly

I'm surprised there have been any good reviews about Fuller House at all, I had high hopes and planned on watching this show with my children (6 and 8). I watched the first five episodes, and I can't believe what I'm seeing! There is a ton of drinking and not just sipping on wine either but adults taking shots, very skimpy outfits, lots of cleavage, references to the Kama sutra, masturbation (one incredibly uncomfortable scene with DJ and a plumber) another one when DJ's son says "I'm so tired I was up all night erupting my volcano and Stephanie says TMI. Seriously?! Another masturbation joke, including a child?! I don't know where the producers were going with this.