All member reviews for Generator Rex

Thoughtful sci-fi cartoon with monsters is best for tweens.

Kid, 9 years old June 14, 2010

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to make a long story short. there is violence involving monsters that tear stuff apart (some kind of scary). Monsters are usaullly cured or left alone, some die from time to time. I like how it is not pointless, like Ben 10. The monsters are treted LIKE people(well they pretty much are people). i strongly suggest watching it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bysomerandomguy March 21, 2012

A Very Impressive Show Indeed!

I really enjoyed the first two episodes and suddenly I was hooked! It has an amazing plot to it. But it may not be right for kids, yes it may have good role models such as Rex or Agent Six but the E.V.O.S. that Rex fights may be a bit too scary for younger kids. There is quite a lot of action in each episode. Such as guns, bombs and swords.This isn't really for kids, more for tweens and teens. There could sometimes be sexual scenes such as episode 3, "Beyond the Sea", where there are girls in bikini's. Rex also tries to flirt with a girl at the beach and at the end of the episode he almost kisses her, but an E.V.O. stops them. In most of the episodes Rex flirts with Doctor Holiday, a person that takes care of him, even though she is a lot older than him.
Parent of a 9 and 13 year old Written byKeishamama June 14, 2010

Good for tweens, a little scary for younger kids

Very fun show for my kids. Full of excitement and adventure but monsters might be too scary to younger kids. My 9-year-old loves it.
Adult Written bySasukeUchiha June 10, 2010

Rex Knows How To Bring The Heat!

It is WICKED AWESOME! I was surprised how much I loved it. ;D The plot is so different than any cartoon I have seen. Maybe it is similar to Ben 10, but it has its own plot, character developments, and creatures. I think that younger kids might find the creatures to be unsettling. I know for me, I was taken aback by how nasty some of the monsters looked, but I brushed that off and focused on the butt-kicking action! This is not a show for kids. More for teens than anything. :D
Adult Written bysilent1 February 26, 2015

Rex

I saw this series when it came out. Watched every episode, drew some fanart, and patiently awaited a video game. Man of Action has very nice animation styles and I am still in love with Rex. It might get a bit creepy for some kids especially that one Silent Hill inspired episode.
Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2014

Not as violent as depicted in summary

Although there is a lot of use of guns, swords, and other weapons, there is no blood and very few long term injuries. Some battles may be intense.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKassidyC April 15, 2013

Pleasantly Surprised

At first I just expected another gross out, unfunny, undeep, show incorrectly aimed at boys. But I was shocked when I found out it was actually a well written show. Of course, it's not the deepest show in the worlds. But for a scifi show on Cartoon Network aimed at children, the creators of the show did a very nice job. I give it a rating of 10 years old but (as a teen myself) it's something kids a few years older might still enjoy. It was one of the few non-immature shows airing on Cartoon Network at the time but was sadly cancelled.
Kid, 11 years old March 29, 2013

Generator Rex

The show is really good . Recently I've not found time to watch the episodes so I will try and watch them over the internet.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy August 18, 2012

I love this show!

Generator Rex is awesome! Great action,excellent animation,amazing acting,ect.This should be viewed by all CN viewers! :D
Teen, 16 years old Written byDuper_Drew August 10, 2012

Generator Rex is so cool!

This show is one of my all time faves! There is so much action,and HUGE adventure! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 15, 2012

This show is cool!

I started watching this show last year in the beginning of July (which my birthday is in.) What i've seen so far i'm REALLY impressed! The animation & jokes are solid.
Kid, 8 years old January 20, 2012

cool show

generator rex is a very good show and a awesome super hero
Kid, 10 years old December 28, 2011

6 and up

bad show
Teen, 14 years old Written byblueberryswing August 28, 2011

Great Show Anyone Can LiIke

Ofcourse shows like these are very popular with boys because they contain the energized, superhero action that they crave. Ofcourse there will be violence because Rex is a hero and it is a science fiction show, but there is no blood or gore or any graphic violence so its completely appropriate. I feel kids about 9 and up will appreciate it more. Im a girl past my pre-teens and IM hooked on this show, seriously!! The plot is very strong and the characters are fleshed out pretty well so it deserves a good rating.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygwendolyn_10 July 14, 2011

I hate it slightly.

Its silly.
Teen, 17 years old Written byhorrorwoman July 7, 2011

Little kids can watch this

This show is not violent, my 6-year-old sister likes this show, and she loves the explosions, the only harm I see is my little sister dieing of laughter.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCreativity June 25, 2011

Fantastic

Very good story line. The characters are very good role models, actually, and learn great lessons. Rex, in one episode, learns to not care about what others think about him and that they didn't appreciate him helping them, and helped them anyway. The EVOs could be scary to younger kids and the basic flirtations of a fifteen year old are also there. Lots of action, comedy, drama, sci-fi; it's pretty awesome. Bobo Haha, the monkey, likes to play poker for money, but it's all fun. No blood, a couple not major injuries, but it can be a little scary when regular humans turn into EVOs, especially when the hero, Rex, absorbs too many nanites and starts to evolve into one, but it's all animated and not too bad. Wonderful show, I recommend it and it has an amazing plot.
Teen, 17 years old Written byASDFGHJKL02251 May 21, 2011

BEST SHOW EVER I'VE SEEN EVERY EPISODE NEW

Kid, 11 years old February 25, 2011

i like this show.
Kid, 9 years old February 17, 2011

LOVE IT

Watch this every time it pops up Definelinely wont miss it staright forward awesome