All member reviews for Generator Rex

Thoughtful sci-fi cartoon with monsters is best for tweens.

Teen, 16 years old Written bysomerandomguy March 21, 2012

A Very Impressive Show Indeed!

I really enjoyed the first two episodes and suddenly I was hooked! It has an amazing plot to it. But it may not be right for kids, yes it may have good role models such as Rex or Agent Six but the E.V.O.S. that Rex fights may be a bit too scary for younger kids. There is quite a lot of action in each episode. Such as guns, bombs and swords.This isn't really for kids, more for tweens and teens. There could sometimes be sexual scenes such as episode 3, "Beyond the Sea", where there are girls in bikini's. Rex also tries to flirt with a girl at the beach and at the end of the episode he almost kisses her, but an E.V.O. stops them. In most of the episodes Rex flirts with Doctor Holiday, a person that takes care of him, even though she is a lot older than him.
Kid, 9 years old June 14, 2010

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to make a long story short. there is violence involving monsters that tear stuff apart (some kind of scary). Monsters are usaullly cured or left alone, some die from time to time. I like how it is not pointless, like Ben 10. The monsters are treted LIKE people(well they pretty much are people). i strongly suggest watching it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKassidyC April 15, 2013

Pleasantly Surprised

At first I just expected another gross out, unfunny, undeep, show incorrectly aimed at boys. But I was shocked when I found out it was actually a well written show. Of course, it's not the deepest show in the worlds. But for a scifi show on Cartoon Network aimed at children, the creators of the show did a very nice job. I give it a rating of 10 years old but (as a teen myself) it's something kids a few years older might still enjoy. It was one of the few non-immature shows airing on Cartoon Network at the time but was sadly cancelled.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygwendolyn_10 July 14, 2011

I hate it slightly.

Its silly.
Kid, 11 years old March 29, 2013

Generator Rex

The show is really good . Recently I've not found time to watch the episodes so I will try and watch them over the internet.
Kid, 10 years old December 28, 2011

6 and up

bad show
Teen, 17 years old Written byhorrorwoman July 7, 2011

Little kids can watch this

This show is not violent, my 6-year-old sister likes this show, and she loves the explosions, the only harm I see is my little sister dieing of laughter.
Kid, 11 years old July 13, 2010

Boon's rating

This show can get pretty intense. the episode, "into the breach" was kind of creepy. extremely violenter than most cartoon network shows.
Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2010

Ben 10 like show is good, but role models are questionable

To me, its just like Ben 10. The messages are a bit mixed but its nothing bad. Rex is stubborn, disobedient and rebellious, but when the time comes, he always tries to do the right thing. Bobo is questionable for he often is a bad influence to both the TV characters and the viewers. Six is one those people who follows orders none the less and sometimes struggles to do the right thing. He is very protective of Rex and sometimes stands up for him and/or cover for him. The episodes get darker and more violent as they go along, so be prepared.
Adult Written bySasukeUchiha June 10, 2010

Rex Knows How To Bring The Heat!

It is WICKED AWESOME! I was surprised how much I loved it. ;D The plot is so different than any cartoon I have seen. Maybe it is similar to Ben 10, but it has its own plot, character developments, and creatures. I think that younger kids might find the creatures to be unsettling. I know for me, I was taken aback by how nasty some of the monsters looked, but I brushed that off and focused on the butt-kicking action! This is not a show for kids. More for teens than anything. :D
Teen, 16 years old Written byAdventure Writer May 17, 2010

From the Creators Of Ben 10...

From the Creators of Ben 10 comes Generator Rex, a new show that takes after it's predecessors in action, heroism, and character drama. Accounting for the action sequences and EVO appearances, this show is ON for kids 11-12+. A new episode goes "suspense" style, in a "lock-down with a monster" twist. Such episodes are what make it 11-12+, along with the somewhat iffy content of girls in bikini's and obvious flirtation. It's adventurous style, and consistent storyline elements make it a fun show for kids. Moreover, as it's created by "MAN OF ACTION," you can expect the same dramatic elements of Ben 10, making it a great recommendation for fans of the show.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAldixrex January 8, 2016

Awesome action packed cartoon

It is amazing and although it is full of violence it is appropriate for kids. One of the best cartoon Network action shows ever. Highly recommend it
Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2014

Not as violent as depicted in summary

Although there is a lot of use of guns, swords, and other weapons, there is no blood and very few long term injuries. Some battles may be intense.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDuper_Drew August 10, 2012

Generator Rex is so cool!

This show is one of my all time faves! There is so much action,and HUGE adventure! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 15, 2012

This show is cool!

I started watching this show last year in the beginning of July (which my birthday is in.) What i've seen so far i'm REALLY impressed! The animation & jokes are solid.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCreativity June 25, 2011

Fantastic

Very good story line. The characters are very good role models, actually, and learn great lessons. Rex, in one episode, learns to not care about what others think about him and that they didn't appreciate him helping them, and helped them anyway. The EVOs could be scary to younger kids and the basic flirtations of a fifteen year old are also there. Lots of action, comedy, drama, sci-fi; it's pretty awesome. Bobo Haha, the monkey, likes to play poker for money, but it's all fun. No blood, a couple not major injuries, but it can be a little scary when regular humans turn into EVOs, especially when the hero, Rex, absorbs too many nanites and starts to evolve into one, but it's all animated and not too bad. Wonderful show, I recommend it and it has an amazing plot.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystarscore13 October 24, 2010

12+

good, action, dark and scary at times for older kids who arent scared easy.
Kid, 12 years old September 18, 2010
Parent of a 9 and 13 year old Written byKeishamama June 14, 2010

Good for tweens, a little scary for younger kids

Very fun show for my kids. Full of excitement and adventure but monsters might be too scary to younger kids. My 9-year-old loves it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygamer guy 554 June 2, 2010