All member reviews for Generator Rex

Thoughtful sci-fi cartoon with monsters is best for tweens.

Kid, 10 years old May 20, 2010

???

I can't believe this is from the makers of Ben 10. I watched it for 6 minutes & got off the TV!
Teen, 13 years old Written byPanayiotisP July 7, 2016

It's just awesome! I CAN'T find any mistakes!

Well, this show is just THE BEST. My opinion is that it is even better than Ben10! Look: STORY: It has a very very nice story that has a wide variety of persons to be in their shoes and look at the story on a different way. The story is about the world after the Ninite Event. The Ninite Event is when all the Ninites were freed to Earth. Why that happened? Because some rich guys wanted to be Gods. The protagonist's family saw what was coming and in order not to let that happen and save the world, they freed the Ninites. That caused a lot of trouble. First, all the family died except the protagonist and his brother that survived. The first because he was injured with Ninites and the second because he was gone into space with a strange machine for five years. Second, those tiny machines were covering everything and if a human had too many of them he could turn into an EVO (Monster). So our protagonist, Rex, turns into a giant robot and he loses all his memories. He was found by an organization called Providence, which task was to protect people form EVOS. The boy grew and found out that he had special abilities, like creating machines through his body, curing most of the EVOS and talk to machines. And all the episodes are about Rex trying to save the world and stop the Consortium that wants to re-start the Ninite Project and try to become again Gods. In the meantime, Rex will fall in love, make new fiends and enemies, lean how to trust who he loves and trust his self and he will learn a lot of his past. CHARACTERS: The Characters are all awesome. Each of them has something special and uses it for good. Even the Enemies in the end turn out to be good beings (well most of them) that all fight for the same cause. They have all great personalities and they will SURELY make you laugh, stare in awe, shocked or even cry. PLOT: The plot isn't hard to understand and it mixes everything perfectly. It will always keep you on the edge of your seat. The episodes number is just fine (neither too much nor few): 60. They all last about 22 minutes and by watching them all, you will understand a lot of actions that happened. When you finish the series you WILL DEFINITELY wand to watch them again. Trust me, you will be wishing for a Season 4!
Adult Written byCaptain JSY January 24, 2016

The Years That Followed Cartoon Network's Demise On Passing Up "Generator Rex"

It is true that the show is violent and heroic but, it was popular with teens and parents should not have token it away without think about what follows it completely and therefor they shouldn't have acted on that ugly matter. Oh for all those others shows you rated so poorly and immature. Of course, you shouldn't have judged Cartoons and Anime based on Violence and judging a book by the cover. Oh if this Continues I'm shore that The Teens will judge the Adult Shows Poorly based of Violent!
Adult Written bysilent1 February 26, 2015

Rex

I saw this series when it came out. Watched every episode, drew some fanart, and patiently awaited a video game. Man of Action has very nice animation styles and I am still in love with Rex. It might get a bit creepy for some kids especially that one Silent Hill inspired episode.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy August 18, 2012

I love this show!

Generator Rex is awesome! Great action,excellent animation,amazing acting,ect.This should be viewed by all CN viewers! :D
Kid, 8 years old January 20, 2012

cool show

generator rex is a very good show and a awesome super hero
Teen, 14 years old Written byblueberryswing August 28, 2011

Great Show Anyone Can LiIke

Ofcourse shows like these are very popular with boys because they contain the energized, superhero action that they crave. Ofcourse there will be violence because Rex is a hero and it is a science fiction show, but there is no blood or gore or any graphic violence so its completely appropriate. I feel kids about 9 and up will appreciate it more. Im a girl past my pre-teens and IM hooked on this show, seriously!! The plot is very strong and the characters are fleshed out pretty well so it deserves a good rating.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCreativity June 25, 2011

Fantastic

Very good story line. The characters are very good role models, actually, and learn great lessons. Rex, in one episode, learns to not care about what others think about him and that they didn't appreciate him helping them, and helped them anyway. The EVOs could be scary to younger kids and the basic flirtations of a fifteen year old are also there. Lots of action, comedy, drama, sci-fi; it's pretty awesome. Bobo Haha, the monkey, likes to play poker for money, but it's all fun. No blood, a couple not major injuries, but it can be a little scary when regular humans turn into EVOs, especially when the hero, Rex, absorbs too many nanites and starts to evolve into one, but it's all animated and not too bad. Wonderful show, I recommend it and it has an amazing plot.
Teen, 17 years old Written byASDFGHJKL02251 May 21, 2011

BEST SHOW EVER I'VE SEEN EVERY EPISODE NEW

Kid, 11 years old February 25, 2011
i like this show.
Kid, 9 years old February 17, 2011

LOVE IT

Watch this every time it pops up Definelinely wont miss it staright forward awesome
Adult Written byNeyer November 19, 2010

Watch it for longer than six minutes and ...

From the amazing creators of the original Ben 10 (the creators that aren't affiliated with Alien Force or any of this other Ben 10 garbage they show nowadays), this show is beautifully animated and has great action sequences. There are plenty of positive messages, including Rex's desire to 'cure' everyone negatively infected with the nanomachines. There are instances when he is ordered to kill the infected humans but he typically is able to rise above and cure them. It's a wonderful show and I hate missing it. Give it a bigger chance than six minutes because it's simply not a show that you can judge in such a short amount of time. *points to the review far below* Really.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlene October 19, 2010

Great for a Family Show Night

I believe that Generator Rex is a great show, although I agree with the data in the review; it's probably not for kids under 11. I babysat twins that had seen shows similar, and at a young age, their interpretation of the message can be a little disturbing. Don't think that it's not good for the family, though, just make sure you discuss it with kids that are in a younger age group to make sure that they don't get confused.
Parent of a 9 year old Written bySPACEHERO55 June 22, 2010

Great animated Action Cartoon for 9+

This is a great action adventure animated show for older kids as it is rated TV-PG and for good reason. The violence is taken up a few notches. There are deaths an consequences and a lot of the Evo Monsters can be quite frightening . I personally think that the risks the show takes are great, but some close minded parents who have a limited view on what animation should be might not see it that way. I would use my own judgment on this, but I think it's a safe bet for kids 9 and older.
Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2010

good for kids 8+

The best show ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old May 16, 2010