All member reviews for Generator Rex

Thoughtful sci-fi cartoon with monsters is best for tweens.

Teen, 13 years old Written bystarscore13 October 24, 2010

12+

good, action, dark and scary at times for older kids who arent scared easy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlene October 19, 2010

Great for a Family Show Night

I believe that Generator Rex is a great show, although I agree with the data in the review; it's probably not for kids under 11. I babysat twins that had seen shows similar, and at a young age, their interpretation of the message can be a little disturbing. Don't think that it's not good for the family, though, just make sure you discuss it with kids that are in a younger age group to make sure that they don't get confused.
Kid, 12 years old September 18, 2010

Kid, 11 years old July 13, 2010

Boon's rating

This show can get pretty intense. the episode, "into the breach" was kind of creepy. extremely violenter than most cartoon network shows.
Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2010

Ben 10 like show is good, but role models are questionable

To me, its just like Ben 10. The messages are a bit mixed but its nothing bad. Rex is stubborn, disobedient and rebellious, but when the time comes, he always tries to do the right thing. Bobo is questionable for he often is a bad influence to both the TV characters and the viewers. Six is one those people who follows orders none the less and sometimes struggles to do the right thing. He is very protective of Rex and sometimes stands up for him and/or cover for him. The episodes get darker and more violent as they go along, so be prepared.
Parent of a 9 year old Written bySPACEHERO55 June 22, 2010

Great animated Action Cartoon for 9+

This is a great action adventure animated show for older kids as it is rated TV-PG and for good reason. The violence is taken up a few notches. There are deaths an consequences and a lot of the Evo Monsters can be quite frightening . I personally think that the risks the show takes are great, but some close minded parents who have a limited view on what animation should be might not see it that way. I would use my own judgment on this, but I think it's a safe bet for kids 9 and older.
Adult Written bySasukeUchiha June 10, 2010

Rex Knows How To Bring The Heat!

It is WICKED AWESOME! I was surprised how much I loved it. ;D The plot is so different than any cartoon I have seen. Maybe it is similar to Ben 10, but it has its own plot, character developments, and creatures. I think that younger kids might find the creatures to be unsettling. I know for me, I was taken aback by how nasty some of the monsters looked, but I brushed that off and focused on the butt-kicking action! This is not a show for kids. More for teens than anything. :D
Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2010

good for kids 8+

The best show ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bygamer guy 554 June 2, 2010

Kid, 11 years old May 22, 2010

10+ only

This show might be scary for 9 and under. The Evos are probably something your young kids won't watch because in one episode the have control over humans, have extrmley large and probably scary mouths, and no eyes. Also, in another episode, another evo has two mouths and no eyes. Other than that its probably too scary for 9 -.
Kid, 10 years old May 20, 2010

???

I can't believe this is from the makers of Ben 10. I watched it for 6 minutes & got off the TV!
Teen, 16 years old Written byAdventure Writer May 17, 2010

From the Creators Of Ben 10...

From the Creators of Ben 10 comes Generator Rex, a new show that takes after it's predecessors in action, heroism, and character drama. Accounting for the action sequences and EVO appearances, this show is ON for kids 11-12+. A new episode goes "suspense" style, in a "lock-down with a monster" twist. Such episodes are what make it 11-12+, along with the somewhat iffy content of girls in bikini's and obvious flirtation. It's adventurous style, and consistent storyline elements make it a fun show for kids. Moreover, as it's created by "MAN OF ACTION," you can expect the same dramatic elements of Ben 10, making it a great recommendation for fans of the show.
Kid, 10 years old May 16, 2010