All member reviews for G.I. Joe Renegades

Remake of classic 'toon is violent but boasts worthy heroes.

Teen, 14 years old Written byKiPunk11 June 11, 2011

Pretty Sweet Cartoon Show

Yeah. Yeah, I actually ticked language. But if you look at the fact I put 5 as the recommended age, you'll understand that I don't want five year old children running about going "OH CRAP" whenever something goes wrong. No, my little brother and sister already swear enough. Well, "crap" as a swear is a bit of a stretch, but some of you more sensitive parents may not like that kind of language. Other than that, this show is only THEORETICALLY violent. It's CONCEPT is far more violent than any of the combat that actually takes place in the show. They have guns, but they never seem to fire them like you'd think soldiers would. They usually choose fisticuffs, except for Snake Eyes, the resident badass, who gets to use his dual katanas to attack foes. Although, they pretty much clash against people like a blunt object, even though it destroys other objects like they were made of plasticine or Jell-O. The whole show is really cool to watch if you're like me and you grew up on action shows. A lot of lessons can be learned from Duke and the crew, and there's an overall message of doing what's right versus doing what you're expected to.
Parent of a 6, 7, and 10 year old Written bymbradford January 16, 2011

G.I.JOE RENEGADES:REMAKE OF THE ORIGINAL OR OR REMAKE OF THE A-TEAM

i am a parent of 3 kids 10,7&6. i think that this show is good for kids because it gives kids a "good t.v. role modles" but, my problem with the show the back story of the joe team & cobra. i grew up watching the original show and the g.i.joe team was a special forces team that was put in place to deal w/ cobra (which was a terrorist group), not a group of soldiers that are accused of crimes they didn't commit. this new show smacks of another 80's show called the A-team, NOT G.I. JOE!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymkalv December 1, 2010

Its okay, not the worst

I'm not a big G.I. Joe fan, but this show is alright. My main gripe is the animation, it looks not so great, which is why I prefer Sigma 6.