All member reviews for Gilligan's Island

Unique characters and situations drive classic sitcom.

Teen, 13 years old Written bypikpikcarrot July 17, 2012

A Great Show for the Family

Honestly, the only reason I'm not putting an all ages suggestion on this review is because I figured anyone under five would have no clue what is going on. I've been watching the series since it first came out on DVD in 2005, and it is a favourite in the household. Gilligan and the Skipper have some mild bantering, but you can tell that they are friendly to each other beneath the shouting. The Professor was always a role-model to me as a kid, as I always wanted to be some smart scientist or something like him. Jim Backus and Natalie Schafer do a great job portraying Mr. and Mrs. Howell, and while the may be stereotyped as rich snobs, they are also shown as good people at heart and a wonderful addition to the comedic aspect of the series. Ginger and Mary Ann are, like the rest of the cast, stereotyped, but not in a negative way. I could make a book with this review, but basically what I am trying to say is that this a good show for all ages, and should be a part of every household. Unless you're scared of the cheesy rubber suit spider in the third-last episode of the series, it's a completely harmless show.
Kid, 10 years old February 16, 2015

Awesome show for kids and adults :)

I got the whole series on DVD last year, and wow am I impressed! Good acting, funny storyline, and mild stereotyping combine in this laugh-out-loud show. There is nothing in it that might be inappropriate for kids under 7, but there is one iffy episode where a surfer named Duke lands on the island and the men try to chase him off so he won't steal the girls--who have fallen for him! So they try to "woo" the women and make Duke jealous and he leaves. A lot of kissing, but mostly just in that episode. Overall, this is a great show!