All member reviews for Glee

Teen, 15 years old Written bymicah251 October 29, 2010

I hate how adults think all teenagers are stupid. Sure, there are some dumb teens, but most of us have a good head on our shoulders. Just because we see something on tv, doesn't mean we think we should do it. Anyways, If you have a teenager, I wouldn't try to control what they watch. You need to let them be make their own decision because at this point in time, it doesn't matter what you say. You have to trust you raised them with good morals and pray for the best.
Teen, 16 years old Written byGirlie257 November 11, 2010

Amazing show with a great message

Great show by far. If you think this show is inappropriate, your kids talk swears and sex at school and if your trying to keep the content hidden from them , your not really doing anything because kids talk about sex all the time! It's better they hear it from u then the kids on the bus. Also , being immersed in diversity is better than hiding out all gay people. You will never know or understand anything about life by not being immersed in other cultures. Shame on you for not letting your kids watch this.
Kid, 12 years old November 27, 2010

As long as you are mature..it is ok

Glee is great. There are many positive messages like, on gay bullying, dating,and just life in general. But there are some sexual content that may not be appropriate for YOUNG children. MY mom watches it with me and if there are any subjects that are a little more mature she wil talk to me about it. As long as you are mature I think it is ok.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywritergirl8 July 8, 2010

Subtly Scarring

I absolutely love Glee! I have been watching it from day one, and am currently pining for it :) I'm 13 years old, and I guess I'm pretty mature for my age (or so adults tell me) so it wasn't a stretch for me to watch Glee. A small issue is a wife deceiving her husband for a very long time about having a baby, and blackmailing a pregnant teen into giving her the child. There is also a lot of drug and alcohol talk in the earlier episodes of the first season. The main issue for me is sexual content. While I watch movies like Moulin Rough and TV shows like Friends, I kept on feeling a little bit nervous about my mom making me leave the room, which I absolutely hate. There was a storyline where a male character talks about sleeping with mothers after cleaning their pools, talk of sexting, a pregnant teenager, two cheerleaders who are possibly bisexual and do make out with each other (but not on screen, they briefly discuss it) and virginity is a HUGE thing on this show. While the earlier episodes are much more iffy then later ones, the Power of Madonna episode is completely about characters loosing their virginities, and two of them (who are in love with each other but not actually together) lie to each other about going through with having sex. One of them did, and said they didn't, the other one didn't and said they did. There is also a 30-something year old virgin. Parents need to know that sex on Glee is treated alarmingly casually, except by the pregnant teenager's parents, who are terrified at the thought of their child not being celibate. While teens are not SHOWN having sex, they are shown making out. Married couples, however, have sex more then teens do on this show. The raciest part of the whole show- in my opinion- was in the second episode of the first season, when they sang 'Push It' by Salt and Pepper. While that WHOLE episode was racy (seconded only to the Madonna episode. Or maybe tied by it), the 'Push It' scene showed teens in very sexual positions (while they had their clothes on) and might be a extremely informative to a teen or tween. One of my friends' parents quoted the scene to be 'Oh, so wrong but oh, so funny'. Also, a gay character is seen with paper sticking out of his zipper (purposely) he flaps it up and down at one point during the song. Other than the blatantly sexual stuff, there's lots of innuendos. I would say that they are reasonably easy for a young child to guess, and therefor the show would be subtly scarring. While Glee is alright for a mature teenager (by mature I mean responsible 13, any 14), keep kids twelve and under away from it, or else it will be all too informative and a little scarring to them, as well. I know this for a fact because of a few of my younger friends were pressured by siblings and other peers to watch it when it was not right for them, and they were a little disturbed by the show. Unfortunately, the plot line is deliciously addicting, and leaves you wanting more, even if you know you shouldn't be watching. It's a fact.
Teen, 13 years old Written by0hMyGlee November 19, 2010

AMAZING

This show is amazing just epic :D
Kid, 12 years old October 19, 2010

used to love it- no I'm appalled by the show

I know I'm just a 12 year old but please- take 2 seconds to listen to me. My dream is to be on Broadway so of course in the beginning I loved the show. I began to see more and more bad parts - just minor- scattered about the show. The first episode of season two was horrible. I was shocked at how inappropriate the dancing was ! Hollywood is purposely little by little is putting bad messages, bad language, and immorality so parents will think, " Well there's only a little bit of bad "... trust me this show is turning into a trap for teen because they cover up the devilish messages ect. with hilarious comments, jokes, and awesome songs and dancing. I won't lie, those things are what is pulling teens from 12 on up into it. This is my opinion, I'm not bashing anyone who loves the show, i'm just sharing my opinion.
Kid, 11 years old April 22, 2010

Perfect for Any One Over 8

LOVE IT Great show only thing to worry about is sex reference.
Teen, 15 years old Written byWriterGurl24 January 30, 2011

Subject matter; why is it being ignored?

Yes, the songs are upbeat, cutely done, and whatnot. But in all honesty, the show is just okay. I have plenty of friends, sure, who think the show is "amazing" but have you seen the themes? I've only seen one or two shows, but I was astonished at the subject matter. There was a character who got his girlfriend pregnant and his parents were okay with it, steamy makeout scenes, and not to mention the awkward scene in between a teacher and student singing a romantic duet to eachother it had me just SQUIRMING. I really think that before any adults assume the show is all kid friendly and whatnot, they should watch it themselves.
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2010

Some on, Some iffy, Some off

I'm only allowed to watch some episodes, because some are really inapropriate, but some episodes like the Christmas special, isn't all that bad. But there was one where it was REALLY inappropriate and it was new so my parents let me watch it, yeah, it was AwKwArD! But some of the people in the glee club can be good role models by sticking to what they love even when they get slushied! But just because I say that, doesn't mean that you should let any child in the age group of 0-9 watch this, and if you do, make sure to watch the episode first!
Kid, 12 years old September 25, 2010

Come on! We already know this!

I'm 12 and almost everyone I know watches glee! It's not a great role model show, but face it, people my age already know most of this stuff.
Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2010

Great, funny show.

This is a very good show, with terrific acting, and some of the funniest lines on TV. I did not add any highlights since I believe you should not just allow your kid to watch something because it has educational value or the role models are good; TV is solely for enjoyment, which everyone needs. The sexual content makes it more suitable for kids with double digit ages, but if you have a good kid, let him watch the show. That has been, for the most part, (with everything but video games), my parents approach on things, and I am still a perfectly normal, mature kid.
Kid, 10 years old January 3, 2010

A 5 Star Show

This is a great show! The music is amazing and the messages are positive. My only concern is that one of the girls is pregnant, and I think that if your kid is a smart and mature 10 year old it will be a good show for them, but it is our call. Remember it returns in Spring, so you have a lot of time to think about it! Bottom line, this is a great show!
Teen, 16 years old Written by62Cadence62 February 28, 2012

Cruel and Hurtful with Dangerous Overreliance on Stereotypes

While the show's content (sex, alcohol, ect) is appropriate for teens, the show abuses stereotypes and can be very hurtful to anyone who is pretty much anything, (gay, black, jewish, disabled). There is not a single character who slightly breaks his/her stereotype down to the way the dress and their mannerisms. The main gay character is interested in fashion and musical theatre in a drastically overexagerated way, the lesbian is mean, the blonde is incredibly dumb, ect... However, the most offensive stereotype is Sugar, a character with Aspergers who is portrayed as worthless. She is the first character to be refused acceptance to the Glee club because she can't sing, and she is protrayed as annoying, and it is stated that no one loves her except her parents. I have a friend who has cried over this character, because she has Aspergers and those three things are her greatest insecurities. Also, there are no truly good role models, as everyone except Kurt drank at that one party, and then Kurt had sex, and none of the teachers have it together enough to be truly admired, they have too many of their own issues.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBanana21 June 24, 2011

Give It a Chance

Season 2 does have sex in it, but not extremely disturbing sex. There is suggestive dancing and kissing, but if you raised your kids right, they should look past that and only see the good of the show. I watch it because I am inspired by the messages, love listening to the songs, and enjoy the characters. Everyone had different opinions, so I think you should watch more than one episode before labeling it as a terrible show.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytheoffice January 5, 2011

First of all, I don't watch Glee regularly and I haven't seen it a TON of times. But for this one, I really think that deciding whether or not to let your child watch Glee depends greatly on your parenting. If you're a strict parent, or laid back, etc. It's a hard one for me to review when I think it's really just up to the parent to judge if it's too much for the child, and they're just not ready for it.
Kid, 12 years old September 10, 2010

Ummmm....

Oh, my, isn't this possibly one of the best shows on television? Matthew Morrison, oh, that darned Matthew Morrison...and Jane Lynch, too! Isn't she just hysterical?
Teen, 13 years old Written byJessEkah47 June 21, 2010

The basic Fact. Is your child ready for Glee ? Only YOU know the answer.

Yes this show is very entertaining. It takes amazing songs and puts a twist on them. It has some good role models and some bad. Your kids will fall in love with this show. It is okay for them to watch IF they know what they need to know. It all depends if they know premarital sex is wrong. do they know Alcohol and cursing is wrong? The real question is, have you prepared them, to be mature enough, to know right from wrong, and trust that they wont go out and do these things. No matter how many reviews you read about what age they should be allowed to see this show , you should be reviewing your kids. Its just like a drivers liscense. Its not a law you have to give it to them at 16. Review them, make sure they know whats wrong and how how to drive, make sure they can handle all the stresses of traffic, road rage, texting, music to loud ect. So is this show okay for YOUR kids to watch. The true answer lies beneath you and your kids. Its up to you to get the point of right from wrong across and there is your answer. Plus this show is a great communication for education show. If you child has a question about something it wont be as awkward as if you had to just tell them because they needed to know, you would get the response "Eww I didnt want to know that ?" if you just told them during that "talk" but this show opens up opportunities to communicate with your child. Hope this helped, :)
Teen, 14 years old Written bykrazypanda411 June 9, 2010

Finally a show for a family with teens

It's part drama but these actors have TALENT. It is a great show that shows conflicts and as someone who has lived in a small town in Ohio, it's pretty realistic. There really are these stereotypes and heirarchies. Although the teacher characters aren't always so realistic. I LOVE THIS SHOW!!
Kid, 12 years old May 10, 2010

Great Show, Hilarious, Great for anyone 12+

This has to be my favorite show on TV right now--it's just well rounded in every aspect. The singing is stellar, the dances are decent and the acting, although slightly cheesy, is fantastic. (this is understandable being that many of the cast members are far more used to theatrical acting where everything is bigger) I currently watch this show alone. Loving theatre myself, this show caught my interest from the start, but I didn't know it would be as "iffy" as it is. Iffy being that it touches on some innapropriate subjects that kids even my age may not be comfortable with. I'm not very immature and my parents trust me watching a show like this myself, but not all parents are likely to do so. I would preview one of the episodes first before allowing your son/daughter to watch it without supervision. Honestly, though, the subjects this show brings up are being talked about earlier and earlier between people over the years, and I think it's this show gives positive messages about them to keep teens safe in the long run. I would definitely reccomend this.
Teen, 16 years old Written byvampiregirl803 January 5, 2010

I love this show!! Its very addicting and they are all fantastic singers