All member reviews for Glee

Teen, 13 years old Written byMadeInTheUSA July 29, 2013

You have to know....

I have seen a couple episodes of this show and I think that it if fine if you know all about gay couples and sex. If you know about these things, then this is a really great show. awesome covers of songs and a good message.
Kid, 11 years old July 28, 2013

Gleeee

I love Glee. It's great. I watch it with my older sister. Its not the same without Cory though :(
Kid, 10 years old June 24, 2013

I think everyone judges this show wrongly.

I don't know why everyone is trashing glee. It doesn't make sense I'm 11 and my friend who is 10 watches it. They only show kissing! And it isn't like your kids go to school and only say crap! The kids I know say swears you only hear if you watch MTV at 11 PM. It's not even as bad as the Simpsons and I watched that when I was 6. Just because one girl gets pregnant they don't show anything! And they make it look like its bad. And plus who actually does the same thing as the mean girl you are supposed to hate. And there is a gay guy but it shows that its ok to be gay and don't hate people because they are gay. They also show how mean people can be and for it to not let you down. It's life. It is showing your kids things they can learn now, or they will figure out in college. Plus your kid will find out about "bad words" someday. It's now or later. You can tell your kid now or they will figure out by 3rd or 4th grade. I know a lot of people that are obsessed with this show. It's different for 2 year old kids who still watch Dora.thats just my opinion.
Kid, 12 years old June 15, 2013

Gleek

Teen, 13 years old Written byrandomusername June 11, 2013

Its Ok

I think kids can handle this show if their mature... I started this show when I was 10 I think, and it was ok for me. It has gotten a bit violent for kids after the school shooting, but I think its just fine.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAleluvsyou June 8, 2013

Best show ever

I have been watching glee ever since I was 11 and I love it and this show it not for kids under 10 trust me they have some swearing vicolince so yeah iChat wait for season 5
Teen, 13 years old Written byvietnamesewonton May 16, 2013

I think it's "Wonder-ful!"

The show is really amazing, fun and inspiring. You may think there's violence and s*x going on every second, but it doesn't. Glee is a show that relate to teens about their anxieties, worries, stress and etc. The singing is great too! But there is some language you have to be careful about.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn May 11, 2013

Okay...

I am not a big fan of this show, but it's still okay. The earlier seasons were better than the current ones now, in my opinion.
Kid, 10 years old April 2, 2013

12 and under.... Watch with a parent

This is a good show, but if you watch it and are a kid.... Watch it with a parent because there are some sexual moments and also infrequent language to mild language- sometimes on one show there is more profanity than another episode so.. yeah. Anyways, 12 and under... Watch with a parent
Teen, 16 years old Written byErin Pedersen January 26, 2013

Completely Inappropriate

So, my friends at high school rave over Glee, and they suggested I watch it. Keep in mind that some of these people are freshmen. So, I watched a few episodes scattered about the seasons on Netflix, and was completely aghast at what I saw. It was if they were advertising sex, homosexuality, and drinking. I'm sorry, but when I think of 12-year-olds watching this show where people undress and drink in school, I'm absolutely disgusted. This show isn't even appropriate for people of my age, 17. To me, a parent who lets a kid watch this garbage is just cruel.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Euphoric User January 25, 2013

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SHOW TO INFINITY AND BEYOND, PERIOD.

Teen, 13 years old Written byminimoviecritic January 9, 2013

GLEEK!

Glee is a great tv show, especially for teens. It is very easy for teens to relate to at least one character or event. It really embellishes difference and shows how kids can come to terms with their personality. It has great music and very talented singers which is extremely interesting to see, being a singer myself. It is a hilarious, sad, and relatable tv show that I highly recommend!
Kid, 12 years old December 30, 2012

Great show, some iffy things

Glee is a great show! Yes, teens make bad decisions, but there are usually consequences. It does have some iffy language, however. If you don't want your child repeating it, you should wait a bit before letting them watch Glee. The songs are super catchy (I listen to them all the time) and the actors/actresses have amazing voices. You might want to watch some episodes beforehand to scan for content, because there are some certain things you might not want kids watching. My parents are okay with it because it's mostly good things, and very little of the iffy stuff in each episode. Watch Glee!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAudreySky1 December 28, 2012

Great, positive show. but use parental discretion.

I really love Glee. It seems a good message about following your dreams, being yourself, and standing up for yourself and others. Some episodes can be innapropriate. One girl gets pregnant and there are other references to sex and sometimes alcohol. What we do is my mom watches the episode and then I watch it if it's okay. Overall it's a Great show for anyone 13+
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Walking Dead December 15, 2012

Amazing Show. Positive messages (but also sex)

First off the good things!! Sticking up for what you believe in. Being yourself. Learning from mistakes. Respect other people. Down side ( well according to adults) Sex is one episodes topic. Sex through-out the t.v show. One episodes topic is underage drinking. But they learn from that mistake.
Teen, 15 years old Written bythecow December 12, 2012

horrible message

the show is practically cheesy. very low plot and season 4 is a train wreck. how they sang Gangnam style is like selling out. low blow glee! Another thing is, why does everything has to be gay. i don't mind them, (kurt and blaine are great) but it seems like the director is only thinking about that. real issues like stereotypes and reality check has to be shown.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnya.Starr December 1, 2012

laughing,crying and singing all at the same time

an amazing show that can take you from laughing to crying and singing all at the same time with very positive role models like Kurt,Marley and Unique might go over younger kid's heads so probably best for early teens .
Kid, 11 years old November 23, 2012

Amazing message,but a few suggestive scenes and lyrics.

I first stumbled apon this show late last year,but never really watched it until the current season.It is apropriate for mature 5-7th grader and great for 7-12th graders.I really see no VERY bad stuff in it.Just the occational kiss,sexy scene.My parent's don't like that their are 2 non-straight couples.
Teen, 17 years old Written bytigerboy1 November 13, 2012

Horrid

I watched season 1 on DVD to see if it would be good for my 15 year old daughter. I thought is was just awful. Teens having sex, boy having organism in hot tub, teens being incredibly cruel to each other, adults modeling the same, including sabotaging each other's clubs and sports. The snide, snarky tone the kids used toward each other was awful and I am sure rubs off on the viewers. In the four episodes, not once was a parent shown - just really dysfunctional teachers, administrators and students. The fact that this show is popular reminded me why we don't watch TV in my house.
Kid, 12 years old November 10, 2012

AMAZING SHOW!

Positive messages: Personally, I think the positive messages in this show are amazing. I can honestly say that this show has changed my life so much. It has taught me to be who I am, to love myself, to dream big and so much more. I think the portrayal of teen sexuality, bullying and teen pressures (sex, alcohol, fitting in e.t.c.) are really good. It teaches you that it is okay to be different, and that you shouldn't have to hide yourself. Positive role models: Most of the characters in glee are positive role models. Violence: There isn't much violence at all, except for a little bit from the school bully. Sex: Glee is quite sexy. They occasionally wear skimpy outfits and do sexy dance routines. Sex is referenced quite alot, but they're in high school, isn't that normal? A few characters do have sex, but you don't see them have it. You may see them lying in bed but that is about it. There's no nudity whatsoever. The show includes alot of kissing and making out, but they're teenagers in high school. What would you expect? It also portrays teen sexuality very well, with two gay guys, one lesbian and one bisexual girl as a member of the New Directions, aswell as several other gay/lesbian characters. There is also, as of season 4, a transgender member of the New Directions. These characters portray their difficulties of their sexual orientatons, but the show shows that it is okay to be homosexual. Language: The language isn't too bad, it includes mild swear words and a few rude/sexual terms, but nothing that teenagers aren't open to in their everyday lives. Life isn't all sunshine and rainbows. Consumerism: not really any. Drinking/Drugs/Alcohol: There isn't much use of these things, although it may reference too them a few times. The only time alcohol is really used is season 2 episode 14, 'Blame it on the alcohol', where the New Directions go too a Party at Rachel's house and get drunk. They are later seen dealing with the effects of a hangover. In the pilot episode, Mr Schuester plants drugs in Finn's locker to blackmail him to joining the Glee Club, and in the first episode in season 3, Quinn has a downwards spiral and is seen smoking. I can't remember any other uses right now. Overall, this show is amazing! Definitely okay for 12+, and consider letting your child watch it if they are over 10. The things glee portrays are things we are open to in our everyday lives, and they deal with the issues very well. I LOVE IT! P.S. They also portray race very well, with two asians, one mixed race and two black people in the show. There are probably more than that aswell! Also, they deal with religion well, with several Christian and Jewis characters. They are so talented with amazing voices aswell. So many great covers! (over 400.) well worth the watch!