Edgy-but-quirky comedy's music, message will win teens over.

Kid, 12 years old April 17, 2016

Love it

This show is the best show ever. But this show is only for people 11 and up because it has a lot of sex and language that is only meant to see by mature people.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymosheamo April 17, 2016

Has good overall message and deals with hard-hitting issues

I started watching Glee when I was 13. I would agree that Glee is not for kids, but it is for teens. Glee talks about topics teens need to know about. It may involve sex, but it doesn't send the message that sex with multiple characters is good. The show actually explains that celibacy is a valid option. It does show drugs and alcohol used, but sends the message that they lead to bad things. This show is perfect for a teenager that is learning it's okay to be yourself, it's okay to be straight/gay/bi. Many parents in the reviews say 18+ but the show is just being honest. Also, compared to shows like Gossip Girl, and Pretty Little Liars, this show sends a much better message! If your child is in high school, I promise you they are already surrounded by teenage sex and other problems. The show sheds light on how high school really is. High schoolers do have problems, and Glee shows ways to do the right thing and have ambition. Once I watched Glee, I was introduced to a world of music, which actually helped me connect with my parents. Glee uses music from a range of genres and decades. If you have a responsible teenager, that won't be easily swayed by a tv show and knows right from wrong, this show is perfectly acceptable. In addition, Glee talks about issues teens deal with in an appropriate way that us teens understand and respond to.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMadisonH13 April 13, 2016
I started watching glee when I was 11 because it was the only thing on to on a Monday night. But soon enough I became hooked and I loved every part of the show. Looking back now, I'm glad I started watching it at that age. Yes it does have some kissing and references to sex in it, but you learn about it in sex ed anyway at that age. I also think it gave me another look on life and helped me become more confident as a person. It also helped me understand the situations minorities are go through, such as gay people or trans. All of which I 100% support and I think glee influenced that and helped me realise that we are all the same! I honestly think it's a great tv show, and it has a learning aspect to it as well. My sister has just turned 11 and I gave her my old box set for her birthday. All I can say is that it's better than those Disney channel programmes that are complete garbage. If you are trying to keep your 11 year old kid away from people talking about sex than why bother take them to school because they talk about that anyway in recess?! Love the show, would defo recommend it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjasmine1100 April 12, 2016

Great Show!

The show rarely contains swearing, it has had one scene of drinking throughout the whole show, few but far between very mild sex scenes and a few rows. Children see this sort of thing in real life all of the time and this show also explores things such as relationships, sexuality, bullying and learning to accept yourself. It also shows gay marriage nearer to the end of the show. It's inspiring as you watch a small show choir group grow into a large successful group who win Nationals, and the individual characters as they follow their dreams! Also, Brittana, Hudsonberry and Klaine are the most adorable couples ever!
Teen, 14 years old Written bygabbbycutrona March 14, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written byRainbowUnicornFluffy February 13, 2016

Love it

Ok this isnt the most sexual show. There are a few curses and sex scenes but if little children are watching this, an adult should be with them. The singing and dancing in it is great
Kid, 12 years old January 31, 2016

I LOVE GLEE!

I love glee mainly because glee is funny sometimes but also dramatic! Glee also has small messages for people for example in the glee club they say they don't judge people the way they look, we love each other.
Teen, 15 years old Written byprofessionalfangirl January 8, 2016

You can't protect your children from EVERYTHING.

Glee is a great TV show that not only deals with singing and the underdog glee kids, but a whole lot of topics. They deal with the touchy subjects of bullying, cyber bullying, homophobia, physical disabilities, anorexia, teen pregnancies, sexuality, gender defiance and others. If your child is the age of 13 or up I say you should let them watch it. You can't protect them from all those topics that they will eventually learn about, and what better way than to let them learn about the world with a tv show - that also has ALOT of singing. Mature 12 year olds could watch this, but younger than that I dont think so since there is some bad typical teenager lamguage and there is alot of derrogotary words and scenes. If you're iffy on deciding to let your child watch this, watch a couple of random episodes yourself and decide if that is appropiate for your child to watch.
Teen, 14 years old Written byelena330 December 26, 2015

iffy for 13 if mature

this review is long but i do hope you take the time and read this because i do have a lot to say but it is all important. i am reading these reviews of parents who have only seen a few episodes. they say oh, since there is drinking and sex talk this is a bad show, don't let children watch it. yes, there is sex and teen pregnancy but if you watched a few more episodes you would see that the characters learn from these mistakes. somebody even said two cheerleaders make out because they are bored which is not true. i know what episode they were talking about but later in the show they come out and they really like each other.The show gives really good lessons such as individuality, and helps people understand LGBT. I really can say i learned a lot from this show and i have watched every single episode. Parents, please know that the drinking and sex in this show is okay because they don't show it in a bad way. there is lessons that come with it and kurts father even gives him a really good talk about it and i think viewers can learn from that as well. you can really learn a lot from this show. In the glee club, people who feel like misfits come together and have things they can all relate to; singing. these teens are good role models because they learn about acceptance with people despite their differences. viewers learn about loss as well but also learn the right way to cope with it. people who say the drinking and sex is bad, and yes maybe it is for a 12 year old, but they learn from it. and just saying, don't think that your 13 year old doesn't know about drinking and sex because can guarantee they talk about it at school anyways and this show couldn't do harm, if anything it would educate them even more. overall, this show teaches great lessons about just life in general. this show encourages the viewers to be yourself and dont be ashamed with who you are and that is what i love the most about this show. instead of keeping your kids from watching this show, i think you should encouarge them to because you can honestly learn so much and making the right decisions in highs school and in life in general. this show is a great way to trick your kids into learning as well, like get them to learn about safe sex and things like that
Teen, 13 years old Written bycourtney_2001 October 29, 2015

Great for teens!

If you're a teen looking for a good comedy drama, Glee is definitely in the top 5! It gives off great messages about accepting people for who they are no matter what club they're in, their sexual preference, and more. There is absolutely no gore violence. A character gets in a serious car accident caused by texting, which puts her in a wheelchair for about half a season. Another is killed off, only because of the actor's passing, and the cause of death is not stated. There is one episode where a recurring character attempts to commit suicide because his football team found out he was gay. Multiple characters are shoved against lockers, verbally bullied, and "slushied" (having a slushy thrown in their face) because they're gay or just because they're in the glee club at all. There are not frequent drug references, though there are to drinking. There is a whole episode about teen drinking, and the characters have a party, get drunk, and are obviously painfully hung over the next day at school. There are many attempts to "spike" the punch at pretty much every school dance. There is also one adult recurring character who is an alcoholic, and her attempt to get sober is the punch line to many jokes. Other than that, the drinking is very mild and usually consumed by adults. The swearing is pretty typical for television shows geared toward teens and adults- b*tch, a**, d*mn, etc. The sexual content could be described as moderate. A high school character gets pregnant by someone who is not her boyfriend, and another adult character pretends to be pregnant to save her marriage. There are frequent sexual jokes about getting to "second and third base". There are multiple dance numbers in each episode and, though it's very rare, a few of them can borderline on scantily clad. There is an episode dedicated to Madonna, in which three couples (each with one virgin) dance to 'Like a Virgin' and plan to lose their virginity, yet only one actually does. There is a lot of cheating, with everything from a simple kiss to cheating and getting pregnant. There are two sets of gay couples, one boy couple and one girl, that are main couples but characters trying to figure out themselves and their sexual preference is a big plot line throughout the whole series. It never shows more than couples making out and rarely ever shows boys shirtless or girls in a bra. Overall, Glee gives off some really great messages about acceptance. And though the characters may not be "role model material", it is nice to watch the transformations in the hearts of the characters as cheerleaders and football players become close friends with the kids they used to toss into dumpsters.
Teen, 17 years old Written bysarah-879887 October 17, 2015
A great series over all. Be aware there is sexual content & if you are Anti LGBT this show is not for you as it has Gay characters, Lesbian characters, & Transgender chracters. I loved this show it's really great!
Kid, 10 years old October 9, 2015

Glee

This high school singing show never gets old! I recommend age 12 up should be right to watch this show. It is a great show up until about Season 5 when it starts to get dicey and a bit inappropriate for younger viewers. It contains mild sex scenes and mild drugs and smoking scenes. Each lesson has a different moral and the overall moral is everybody is different and that is ok. It also has occasional mild swearing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLucy001 September 30, 2015

Let your Kids watch

It is a good show with good messages
Teen, 14 years old Written bySuzy2222 September 18, 2015

OK CHILL PARENTS

Okay TBH glee is such a good show and teaches kids great things so 10 is when my kids will be watching it I mean I grew up with it I own every single season have posters and their music so I mean I started at like 11 so... It is 100% fine and not even much sex like parents chill okay my kids can watch it whenever they want like OMG u r over reacting omg wow they used laughing gas open homosexuality is a good thing surprise ur kids may be homosexual and I'm 100% support of them and so should u but like okay so sex everyone has sex knows about it like wtf please chill get over the fact that it has some references okay thanks just CHILL
Teen, 13 years old Written byharrietaudrey September 13, 2015
Teen, 13 years old Written byTennis886 August 12, 2015

Lots with sex references

Honestly, a lot of sex. One girl gets pregnant and they show a flashback later in season 2 (no nudity is shown), one lets a guy touch her boobs, the word sex is used many times, and sometimes they dress in skimpy outfits and perform some inappropriate routines. Looking on the positive side, the team mates always stick up for each other.. And are REALLY talented singers with a passion. My favorite character is Quinn, who was a self absorbed popular girl(didn't like her then..) but she changed and reinvented herself once she joined glee and became a REALLY great person:) love it! OK for 12-13, fine for 14+. If your in high school, nothing in this is new to you. This realistically has the same amount of references and jokes as a high schooler would hear any day.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycbar04 July 20, 2015

inspiring

Most of my friends had been watching for a long time so I decided to start watching it. To be honest, Glee changed my life. It showed me that with hard work and dedication you can do whatever you put your mind to, and that friends are amazing and help you get through really tough times. Onto the bad. Glee talks about teen sex in pretty much every episode. As a 16 year old girl it doesn't really bug me that much but they do talk about same-sex couples having sex and getting married, which makes me a little upset since it goes against my beliefs. They use some language but that doesn't bug me. Overall, if your kid wants to watch Glee, keep in mind they should be mature enough to handle the topics discussed (death, teen sex, homophobia, etc).
Teen, 14 years old Written byspcourage July 8, 2015

Appropriate Enough

I watched Glee for almost five years. I started watching it when I was eleven, and at first, my parents weren't that okay with it, considering what went on during some episodes, but my mom watched it with me every week, and never actually told me to stop watching it, or that I wasn't allowed to watch it anymore. I think it was more the first and second season, anyway, that dealt with a lot of things parents wouldn't want their kids seeing, especially if they were young, but it's also not aimed towards kids. It's about teenagers, and mostly aimed towards teenagers. Overall, I think it was a good show, and I have a lot of good memories envolving watching it. They usually would teach decent lessons, and a lot of the show was about getting past bullying and other struggles and realizing that the things that make you different aren't always bad. I think it's okay for kids who are more mature, and kids who enjoy singing/theater. It encouraged me to sing more and be more confident in myself when I do sing, and it was a pretty good show.
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2015

Review

This show is good for mature kids 11 and up. My friend I know started watching when she was 8, which in my opinion is way to young. It all depends on what your child knows about. If they know about swearing, sex, drinking, and drugs they are good. Besides that, it is a show with good role models and the ongoing message that everyone is equal.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitty47 June 3, 2015