Edgy-but-quirky comedy's music, message will win teens over.

Teen, 17 years old Written bysarah-879887 October 17, 2015
A great series over all. Be aware there is sexual content & if you are Anti LGBT this show is not for you as it has Gay characters, Lesbian characters, & Transgender chracters. I loved this show it's really great!
Kid, 10 years old October 9, 2015

Glee

This high school singing show never gets old! I recommend age 12 up should be right to watch this show. It is a great show up until about Season 5 when it starts to get dicey and a bit inappropriate for younger viewers. It contains mild sex scenes and mild drugs and smoking scenes. Each lesson has a different moral and the overall moral is everybody is different and that is ok. It also has occasional mild swearing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLucy001 September 30, 2015

Let your Kids watch

It is a good show with good messages
Teen, 14 years old Written bySuzy2222 September 18, 2015

OK CHILL PARENTS

Okay TBH glee is such a good show and teaches kids great things so 10 is when my kids will be watching it I mean I grew up with it I own every single season have posters and their music so I mean I started at like 11 so... It is 100% fine and not even much sex like parents chill okay my kids can watch it whenever they want like OMG u r over reacting omg wow they used laughing gas open homosexuality is a good thing surprise ur kids may be homosexual and I'm 100% support of them and so should u but like okay so sex everyone has sex knows about it like wtf please chill get over the fact that it has some references okay thanks just CHILL
Teen, 13 years old Written byharrietaudrey September 13, 2015
Teen, 13 years old Written byTennis886 August 12, 2015

Lots with sex references

Honestly, a lot of sex. One girl gets pregnant and they show a flashback later in season 2 (no nudity is shown), one lets a guy touch her boobs, the word sex is used many times, and sometimes they dress in skimpy outfits and perform some inappropriate routines. Looking on the positive side, the team mates always stick up for each other.. And are REALLY talented singers with a passion. My favorite character is Quinn, who was a self absorbed popular girl(didn't like her then..) but she changed and reinvented herself once she joined glee and became a REALLY great person:) love it! OK for 12-13, fine for 14+. If your in high school, nothing in this is new to you. This realistically has the same amount of references and jokes as a high schooler would hear any day.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycbar04 July 20, 2015

inspiring

Most of my friends had been watching for a long time so I decided to start watching it. To be honest, Glee changed my life. It showed me that with hard work and dedication you can do whatever you put your mind to, and that friends are amazing and help you get through really tough times. Onto the bad. Glee talks about teen sex in pretty much every episode. As a 16 year old girl it doesn't really bug me that much but they do talk about same-sex couples having sex and getting married, which makes me a little upset since it goes against my beliefs. They use some language but that doesn't bug me. Overall, if your kid wants to watch Glee, keep in mind they should be mature enough to handle the topics discussed (death, teen sex, homophobia, etc).
Teen, 14 years old Written byspcourage July 8, 2015

Appropriate Enough

I watched Glee for almost five years. I started watching it when I was eleven, and at first, my parents weren't that okay with it, considering what went on during some episodes, but my mom watched it with me every week, and never actually told me to stop watching it, or that I wasn't allowed to watch it anymore. I think it was more the first and second season, anyway, that dealt with a lot of things parents wouldn't want their kids seeing, especially if they were young, but it's also not aimed towards kids. It's about teenagers, and mostly aimed towards teenagers. Overall, I think it was a good show, and I have a lot of good memories envolving watching it. They usually would teach decent lessons, and a lot of the show was about getting past bullying and other struggles and realizing that the things that make you different aren't always bad. I think it's okay for kids who are more mature, and kids who enjoy singing/theater. It encouraged me to sing more and be more confident in myself when I do sing, and it was a pretty good show.
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2015

Review

This show is good for mature kids 11 and up. My friend I know started watching when she was 8, which in my opinion is way to young. It all depends on what your child knows about. If they know about swearing, sex, drinking, and drugs they are good. Besides that, it is a show with good role models and the ongoing message that everyone is equal.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitty47 June 3, 2015

Good teen comedy

Kid, 10 years old May 24, 2015

Glee is amazing

I LOVE GLEE!!! It has an amazing plot and really good charterers. Now I have to be serious if a parent watched a little bit in to the series or even the first episode they would probably not let you watch it there are serious things like death,drinking and lots and lots of bulling.
Adult Written bycelia_v May 15, 2015
Teen, 13 years old Written byshakmora02 April 12, 2015
Glee is a heart-warming and positive show but at times can display negativity such as bullying. This show teaches you to be yourself and don't listen to people who just want to tear you down.
Teen, 13 years old Written by49ers_boss March 23, 2015

12 is good

Mentions of 3somes and boners. Some sex scencea but no nudity
Teen, 13 years old Written byxoxo123 February 26, 2015

Fun show for 11+ with good messages

This is fun show with good role models and messages. There are some iffy themes and language but nothing an 11+ kid wouldn't already know. It shows different types of characters bonding and is one of the first high school shows I've seen with a gay lead.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShall1212 January 11, 2015

Really good

My bff and I have been watching Glee since we were 9 and we love it. My parents also watch the show and they decide if it's a episode is too inappropriate for us but that hardly ever happens. Overall it's really good!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bylilkatnel January 3, 2015

Really good but you should be a little hesitant

it's awesome. the show is all about acceptance with lots of humor, however there are derogatory terms, inappropriate language, and sex scenes. you should preview it before letting your kids watch
Kid, 12 years old November 21, 2014

the best!

My favorite show in the whole wide world! Just be ready for mild pg 13 sexual content because of references or homosexuality(which shouldn't be a problem)
Teen, 15 years old Written bysharonpetersen November 19, 2014

how i think of glee

so i am going to give me review about glee .glee is an good show really good but the drama and the teen having an baby and the boy drama is out of my limit but i am teen and it got to me that it is teaching me an lesson not to get pregant at sixteen or any young age and also the boy drama like who loves who and who wants who see that is drama. I hate that a lot but i would say the singing at the dancing i love and myself i also got into choir because of the show but i love it a lot this is just my review
Teen, 13 years old Written byLogical.reviews October 15, 2014

Glee is a Great Show For Worldly Teens and Preteens

I started watching Glee at 11, think Glee is a really amazing show that gives its viewers positive vibes. Its message is to accept people for who they are, no matter how much of an underdog they are. And I think this world, especially its youth, needs more accepting people. So, if you want to learn vaguely about how different people feel when being bullied, this is perfect. Some parents may need to go over some of the content with their kids, though. If your not-so-worldly tween wants to watch Glee, you and your spouse should discuss homosexuality with your child briefly. Just tell them that in this world, some people are gay, and that even though some may disagree with them, they should be respected. Make sure your child listens very careful while you converse with him or her. And another thing, if your child is under 13 or immature, be careful about what episodes they watch. Some episodes have mildly dirty dancing and sexual topics.