All member reviews for Glee

Edgy-but-quirky comedy's music, message will win teens over.

Teen, 13 years old Written byZoelopez October 8, 2013

Glee: the best show!

Glee is my favourite T.V show! It's a great dramedy, musical, high school drama, and underdog show. The characters are great and it's a really sweet show. It talks about cyber bullying, bullying, gay high school problems, and other high school problems. It has important lessons for teens and how important is to be yourself. However Glee is extremely inappropriate for preteens and most kids. It shows teen sex, teen pregnancy, sometimes intense bullying, drugs, under aged drinking, and the characters cheat on each other. Glee is a really funny show, Sue always has one liners, in season one Will has a wife, Terri and she is hilarious, and the main lead Rachel is such a diva! Glee has great covers that people will love too, sometimes even better than the original. I love how Glee is about the underdogs, sometimes the members of the Glee club get slushied. Season 1, 2 and 3 are the best seasons but in season 4 and 5 the old members of Glee gradate and they get new members who are boring. I love Glee and everyone should watch it!
Kid, 11 years old September 16, 2013

why dont you understand!?

Sure I'm just a kid and watch glee. I don't think its bad.. People think the brittany episode is bad but its not. Sure it has some suggestive themes but not that bad. The first season main focus on Quinn's unwanted pregnancy issues. But that's life for you. Don't you people get it? Teenagers can get pregnant! people who are gay aren't mean! How would you feel if your friend was a personm who was gay and you never knew and you didn't even like people who are gay and then you find out? Your friend maybe didn't want to be gay but he was born that way! God wouldn't make gay people if he didn't want them! People who are gay are just normal people that like their same gender! And Glee teaches us being Gay is okay. Glee teaches us that its ok to make mistakes.
Adult Written byRosebud95 September 12, 2013

High School Musical 14+

This really is a HSM for teens, well-maybe young teens because it's still got that 'fluffiness' with it, despite the mature content. I'm not THAT into it, but it's occasionally enjoyable, as I watch it like a tween sitcom.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymaddie-and-chocolate September 9, 2013

Glee is hands down my favorite and the best TV show ever!!!

I love love love Glee!!! I don't watch a whole lot of TV, but when I do, this is it. Glee is great and really entertaining. There is some sexual content but not enough for any parent to be concerned about their teenager. Also, the music is great and there is a good message of acceptance.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLifeOfADancer September 1, 2013

Teenagers everyday life

Yes, sex is a part of glee. Yes, alcohol is a part of glee. Yes, language is also a part of glee (especially Santana) BUT what if your kid was trying to find out who he/she is? What if your kid is gay/transgender/in a wheelchair/has down syndrome? This is a show which shows teens that are struggling with themselves that it is okay to be who you are. That you should stand up for who you are. They tell you to be yourselves and they show their love for music. As I said, alcohol is a topic... Yes, in season 2 is this episode where they get drunk but they regret it later. Yes, there is an episode where they take drugs but they regret it. When you're a Teenager that is your life. You try to find your limits. And you wanna know what? Yes, there are curse words. Santana curses. A lot. But that's just as much as you get to hear in school every single day. At least at my school you do. I go to a public school and everyone curses. Everyone talks about sex... And I'm 14. Do you think we don't know about this stuff yet? I agree that I wouldn't let a 8 year old watch this. But lets face it...it's NOT a kids show. It's created for teenagers. Well, you may say now... while I don't care if my teenager watches stuff containing sex I don't like that they change their partners sooo often. That might be true for some characters but not for all of them. For example Kurt... He's had only 2 boyfriends in the whole show. Or Tina? She only had 2 boyfriends either. Well, she had a crush on Blaine in season 4 but don't we always crush on the gay guys? Or Mike? Did he ever have anyone else than Tina? No. Yes, I have to agree, that Santanas numerous boy- and girlfriends are a little tooo much but you wanna know what? There's a girl in my grade who's been together with over 40 guys. And she is 14. I am not kidding. me and my friend counted them. Well 40 that we know of and she is not what we consider oud best friend so we might don't even know about a few... That's highschool. If you think it's inappropiate because of the teen pregnancy in season 1... why? They didn't show it as a good thing. They were not like "Yay I'm gonna have a Baby! Let's call MTV! Lets tell everybody!" No. Quinn was ashamed of herself. She was ashamed of her baby bump. She was ashamed. And she gave the baby away. She also thought about abortion. She wouldn't have to live with the struggle. The baby bump. The morning sickness. The looks she got BECAUSE of her bump. But she knew that she had to be responsible and live with the consequences.She did the right thing after all. Yes, she shouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place but she shows that she regrets it later. Did you realise how often I said He/She/They regret it afterwards? Because that's the Point. Yes, they show alcohol and teen pregnancy and sex but they don't show it as a good thing. They show that everyone makes mistakes and should learn from them. And if you don't want your teenagers to watch the show because there are gay teens... then you are a horrible homophobic person. They're still humans. Boys and girls doing what they love. They shouldn't be hated on just because of their sexuality. Love is love. And all this is put together with a great mix of old and new music and dance. Dance... I read that many of you think the dancing was "slutty". Especially Brittanys dream at the dentists. I'm a slave 4 U? You know what? There are so much worse things than that. Miley cyrus for example. VMAs 2013? Ring a bell? Yes, and she was a DISNEY star. When you watch Fox you know what to expect. Don't expect a children's show. Expect a teenage show in which sex is also a topic. And that's what it is. I would say glee is an awesome show about finding yourself and being who you are. As a teenager you really can relate to them. There are topics that are also topics in teenagers everyday live and I don't see why they shouldn't show it on TV. They shouldn't show teenagers drinking on TV? It's reality. Many do that. (I'm not saying it's good just because everyone does it) Of course it is a teen show. NOT for kids. It's not made for kids so please don't say it's not appropiate for kids. Well, I agree it isn't but it also isn't supposed to. By the way yes, there is much sexualtity on the show but the relationships are also very cute. When Blaine first tells Kurt how he feels about him he says: "Kurt, there is a moment, when you say to yourself...Oh, there you are. I've been looking for you forever. Watching you, do Blackbird this week that was the moment for me. About you. You move me Kurt and this duet would just be an excuse to spend more time with you." Tell me again how this show is all about sex and they don't want anything else from their relationship. Another great example to prove this wrong is this quote which was never actually on the show but a deleted scene called: The Box Scene. Look it up on YouTube because it really summs up Kurt and Blaines relationship. "It's a promise ring" (...) "What are you promising?" "To always love you, to defend you even if I know you're wrong, to surprise you, to always pick up your phone call no matter what I'm doing,to bake you cookies at least twice a year and to kiss you whenever and where ever you want.But mostly just to remember how perfectly Imperfect you are." Tell me again this show is only about sexual things. Sorry, if things have gotten a little out of hand with this review but I really think I have to defend glee because I think what everyone is saying, that it's only about sex, is not true. Yes, it is a topic but it is also a topic in our every day live which is why it is a good idea to also put that in the show. And it's NOT the main part of the show. The main part is still the music which many people seem to froget which is very sad in my opinion... Don't stop believing!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLiveLoveLOL August 15, 2013

BEST SHOW EVER!

The teens in Glee are basically trying to win Nationals while battling the troubles of High School. It's music numbers are fantastic, and while the storylines may not have the best morals, it's still a great show! There is some mature themes, language, and achohal though. It's a very entertaining and fun show and is worth your time!
Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2013

Love it.

I love Glee, it's my favourite TV show, and I think it's great for teens who love either singing, dancing or acting.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMadeInTheUSA July 29, 2013

You have to know....

I have seen a couple episodes of this show and I think that it if fine if you know all about gay couples and sex. If you know about these things, then this is a really great show. awesome covers of songs and a good message.
Kid, 11 years old July 28, 2013

Gleeee

I love Glee. It's great. I watch it with my older sister. Its not the same without Cory though :(
Kid, 10 years old June 24, 2013

I think everyone judges this show wrongly.

I don't know why everyone is trashing glee. It doesn't make sense I'm 11 and my friend who is 10 watches it. They only show kissing! And it isn't like your kids go to school and only say crap! The kids I know say swears you only hear if you watch MTV at 11 PM. It's not even as bad as the Simpsons and I watched that when I was 6. Just because one girl gets pregnant they don't show anything! And they make it look like its bad. And plus who actually does the same thing as the mean girl you are supposed to hate. And there is a gay guy but it shows that its ok to be gay and don't hate people because they are gay. They also show how mean people can be and for it to not let you down. It's life. It is showing your kids things they can learn now, or they will figure out in college. Plus your kid will find out about "bad words" someday. It's now or later. You can tell your kid now or they will figure out by 3rd or 4th grade. I know a lot of people that are obsessed with this show. It's different for 2 year old kids who still watch Dora.thats just my opinion.
Kid, 12 years old June 15, 2013

Gleek

Teen, 13 years old Written byrandomusername June 11, 2013

Its Ok

I think kids can handle this show if their mature... I started this show when I was 10 I think, and it was ok for me. It has gotten a bit violent for kids after the school shooting, but I think its just fine.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAleluvsyou June 8, 2013

Best show ever

I have been watching glee ever since I was 11 and I love it and this show it not for kids under 10 trust me they have some swearing vicolince so yeah iChat wait for season 5
Teen, 13 years old Written byvietnamesewonton May 16, 2013

I think it's "Wonder-ful!"

The show is really amazing, fun and inspiring. You may think there's violence and s*x going on every second, but it doesn't. Glee is a show that relate to teens about their anxieties, worries, stress and etc. The singing is great too! But there is some language you have to be careful about.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn May 11, 2013

Okay...

I am not a big fan of this show, but it's still okay. The earlier seasons were better than the current ones now, in my opinion.
Kid, 10 years old April 2, 2013

12 and under.... Watch with a parent

This is a good show, but if you watch it and are a kid.... Watch it with a parent because there are some sexual moments and also infrequent language to mild language- sometimes on one show there is more profanity than another episode so.. yeah. Anyways, 12 and under... Watch with a parent
Adult Written bySushi13 March 6, 2013

Have more faith in your children

I have been watching this tv show since it came out (I was 18 back then) I still regularly watch with with my family, this includes my parents and two younger brothers(18 &9). I think glee is great! It deals with themes that weren't around when I was younger and has very realistic characters. I especially like how it makes people aware of the fact that teenagers are faced with difficult situations like bullying and having sexual desires often in their daily lives. It makes the characters easier to relate to. I was personally bullied lots when I was younger and no one saw it as a problem I just had to "toughen up" and "stop being a baby", glee is showing that bullying is really a problem at schools and kids of all ages can relate to that (maybe even some adults). I think there are some strong sexual themes in glee but most high school and even middle school students will know about homosexuals and sex and younger kids will either not realize what it means or ask you about it. Just because they discuss homosexuality, pregnancy, alcohol abuse and sex in general doesn't mean your kids are will go out and start getting pregnant and turning gay! They might ask you about it but our society is becoming very liberal so they will find out sooner than you think. If you don't answer their questions or discuss it with them someone else will and it might not be the best way to learn. Just have faith in your kids they are more mature than you think!
Teen, 16 years old Written byErin Pedersen January 26, 2013

Completely Inappropriate

So, my friends at high school rave over Glee, and they suggested I watch it. Keep in mind that some of these people are freshmen. So, I watched a few episodes scattered about the seasons on Netflix, and was completely aghast at what I saw. It was if they were advertising sex, homosexuality, and drinking. I'm sorry, but when I think of 12-year-olds watching this show where people undress and drink in school, I'm absolutely disgusted. This show isn't even appropriate for people of my age, 17. To me, a parent who lets a kid watch this garbage is just cruel.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Euphoric User January 25, 2013

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SHOW TO INFINITY AND BEYOND, PERIOD.

Teen, 13 years old Written byminimoviecritic January 9, 2013

GLEEK!

Glee is a great tv show, especially for teens. It is very easy for teens to relate to at least one character or event. It really embellishes difference and shows how kids can come to terms with their personality. It has great music and very talented singers which is extremely interesting to see, being a singer myself. It is a hilarious, sad, and relatable tv show that I highly recommend!