All member reviews for Go, Diego, Go

Dora's cousin rescues animals and delights kids.

Parent of a 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 year old Written byJDWoodard April 24, 2013

I know who to sue if my kids are attacked by a wild animal

This show does have some educational aspects, such as helping others, problem solving, etc. However Diego does wonder off on his own, or at times with his cousin, of approximately the same age, without adult supervision. Also in some episodes some of the animals he helps are dangerous. This show has Diego playing with a jaguar on a regular basis, which while I can understand a trained jaguar, a young child may not realize the difference. None of the larger wild animals that are featured on the show would hesitate to eat a small child that approaches them, be careful of what your children are learning from this show, some of the themes could result in death if copied in real life.
Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written byroyce2009 January 23, 2013

bad

he plays with wild animals really
Parent Written byDeejay Mike Boogie October 2, 2012

what

In this episode I was watching with my little sister, Diego told "Green Iguana" to eat some strawberries so she could poop them out at "Grandpa's farm". Umm, what? Did you seriously just say that? No, this is disgusting, and not for little kids. Ugh, this is just wrong.
Kid, 11 years old August 6, 2012

DIEGO IS EVIL

DIEGO STEALS BANANA MONKIES FROM THE JUNGLE THEN KILLS IT WITH A KNIFE THIS IS VERY WRONG DON'T WATCH THIS SHOW OR DIEGO'S PET MONKEY WILL RISE BACK FROM THE DEAD AND STAB YOU WITH A TOMATO
Teen, 16 years old Written byDuper_Drew July 28, 2012

Really?!

Let's go through little kid spin-offs i've seen.I've seen Blue's Room,Play With Me Sesame,Clifford's Puppy Days,Postcards From Buster,ect.I'm here to talk about the worst of them all:GO DIEGO GO! The animation is horrible,the voice acting is pathetic,and I find this drek really boring! This is a spin-off a terrible little kid show Dora The Explorer.DANG! Just because Blues Clues has a spin-off dosen't mean Dora needs one too! Dora is BORING! Blues Clues is WAY better! I mean the songs on BC are really catchy,while the songs on Dora are so stupid they make me wanna mute the TV or jam an ice pick through my ears! Everytime I hear the theme song of this show,I GET A HEADACHE Bottomline:Blue having adventures in his new room is way more fun to watch compared to Go Diego Go.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAlekaJ1003 June 2, 2012

Good Show!

Diego sounds like he is saying a bad word In one episode. I am happy about this show, it's way better than Dora. I love animals, and this show hits the jackpot for them. I don't think preschoolers will notice diego yelling what sounds like language. So GO, DIEGO, GO!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byJoseph Rock March 6, 2012

THIS IS GARBAGE!

Go Diego Go has got to be the 2nd worst preschooler show ever made.It is a spin-off of that equally horrid show! DORA THE EXPLORER! First off the animation is just bad.Because like I said before,it's a spin-off of Dora The Explorer (please reffer to my Dora review.)Also,the show is BORING! I watched an episode recently and got bored.Even my brother & sister got bored too.The theme song is just ANNOYING and gets on my nerves! But hey,many preschooler shows have annoying theme songs.Like,Franklin (and that show stinks even more.)I would give this show 1 star but I do find to be a bit better than Franklin,and there were some good episodes.Those are the only 2 good things about the show.I would suggest you avoid Go Diego Go at all costs
Parent Written bygrmrsan January 17, 2012

Go Diego Go has a dangerous message

It is a cute show, and does help children learn the basics of animal identification and color and pattern recognition. My daughter really loves it. However, I really don't like it's message. Animal Care and Rescue is a good thing, but Diego teaches children that wild animals are not particularly dangerous, and that it is ok to ride dangerous vehicles, without permission or supervision, as long as they think they are "rescuing" an animal. In real life approaching a sick or hurt animal is likely to get a preschooler seriously injured if not outright killed. The same applies to jet skis, rip lines, motorcycles and such. Although initially I enjoyed this show, the more I see, the less I like.
Kid, 12 years old January 7, 2012

Go,Diego,Go

The positive messages are don't kick,hit,,jump,to and on your animals,diego also drinks,uses name brands, and a LOT of uther stuff, parent's don't even take a chance with it, the resen I no all of this is becase my mom let my 2 year old sister watch it once.
Kid, 11 years old December 23, 2011

Diego is 100% AWESOME FOR KIDS AGES 3 AND UP!!

I think it is the best Nick Jr show ever!! Diego teaches us nature-like themes like save the baby jaguar or stuff like that... I think Go Diego Go is the best on Nick Jr as I said before!! :)
Kid, 12 years old June 30, 2011

Dora's cousin will delight young kids, but not older kids.

Yes, it is a good show for little kids. You can learn about different kinds of animals and you might even pick some Spanish if you don't know it. The show promotes good messages and good role models. But the show might start to get boring for 6 and up.
Kid, 9 years old March 22, 2011

All ages.

This is a good show for younger kids and I used to love it. I have to embarrassingly admit I learned a lot of animal stuff from this sow.
Kid, 10 years old December 21, 2010

Ok but not good

Well its not that great like talking animals and the words sound bad like "boothole" sounds like butthole and sheetz sounds like sh*t etc.. so its not right but anyways a good show to help kids learn about animals
Kid, 8 years old December 5, 2010

Parent of a 2 year old Written byOlyfoodies August 25, 2010

Better for older toddlers

When we let my 2.5 year old son watch he wakes up in the night scared. He LOVES the show though.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDivine_Munchie_99 July 7, 2009

Better than Dora

Good for young children. Unlike Dora, I can actually stomach this!
Parent of a 1 and 2 year old Written byazmendozafamily... July 6, 2009

Great for kids, catchy tunes and edutainment!

Loved it!! We're a multi cultural household, so the bilingual angle is appreciated. The boys are excited about all the animals, and after a while watching they can retain some of the details, like mimicking the noises a leopard or sloth make. The siblings working together are also great for the boys to see. Also, don't be surprised if you catch yourself humming or even singing the songs at work, or at least during your commute. (The guys at work got a good laugh seeing their apprentice plumber singing about rescuing the king whale.)
Kid, 10 years old June 25, 2009

I like it

I like this show.
Teen, 16 years old Written bywolfluv203 April 11, 2009

bad

bad. Enough said
Kid, 8 years old April 8, 2009

unreal stuff and real stuff

its ok well at least kids learn about animals on it but they also teach little kids unreal stuff for example: rescue pack? no way about it what do you want your child to learn? backpacks talking or animals (not talking) ? i mean really would you want your child at school going to say to the kids "my backpack can turn into anything! your's can too!" the stuff thats real is: kids learning about animals that they wouldn't know until they were like 13 or 12 o ya heres some more unreal stuff animals i'm not trying to say that if i was a mom i wouldn't let my kids learn spanish but anyways back with the unreal stuff animals talking in spanish!? animals do not talk not in english or spanish thats just stupid what next? your spanish/english child talking in spanish to a animal? thats what i hate the most