Quirky culinary comic mixes food, science, fun.

Parent of a 2, 5, 7, 9, 9, and 10 year old Written byTabithaWren November 3, 2011

amazing

This is a good show that is entertaining as well as educational. The recipes are easy to follow, they taste great, and you learn a thing or two about the science and history of the food. I would say it's appropriate for any age. The website says that there is too much alcohol, but that's just because sometimes he uses alcohol to cook with. I doubt kids will want to run out and get drunk because they saw this show. I would recommend it to ANYONE!
Kid, 10 years old August 14, 2009

Perfect and education for all ages!

I love Good Eats. It taught me how to make lots of different food. Your children will want to cook new foods every day. Goods eats is like a normal cooking show mixed in with Bill Nye the Science Guy. I love it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoconutcat November 2, 2011

Real good!

I love this show! Im pretty sure that even 3 year old will like it! Why you may ask. Its full of puppets XD he uses them to demon strait why yeast rises and such also thing is funny(he is a hand like in the adams family) Alton brown has found an awesome was to make food fun!
Adult Written bymoviemadness April 16, 2009

Spectacular Cooking Show

Good Eats is full of witty, fun food science, and some seriously delicious looking "good eats." Brown makes all of the science easy (and fun!) to understand. The comedy is completely appropriate for all ages (mild comic violence and some innuendo that kids won't understand). A great family show!
Parent Written byGooberPatrol July 10, 2010

Gets kids interested in cooking

A perfect, educational, and fun show for families who love cooking. There are occasional episodes that deal exclusively with alcohol, but you can always watch those without the kids.

This show makes learning to cook funny and entertaining.

Alton Brown uses diagrams and hillarious props to demontrate what scientificly goes on when you cook. Iknow, I know this sound like science class meets home ec., but this show is funny and totally awesome!
Kid, 12 years old July 27, 2013

Dentist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the episode olive me with the dentist!he's all "If you had used that unitasker,i wouldn't have to use this one."
Parent of a 6, 12, and 13 year old Written byLady Kataana November 6, 2011

We LOVE this show!!!

My kids and I watch this show ALL THE TIME. Even if there are cartoons that they would normally watch, they tell me to stay on this. Alton Brown is hilarious and his demonstrations make things normally college-level completely easy for my 6 year old to understand.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySeraphinaRox August 21, 2011

Makes learning the basics of cooking FUN!

Instead of making this a boring cooking show that teaches you about food chemistry, Alton made it fun and humorous so learning how to cook can be enjoyable. I rated this for 9 & up because it could lose the attention of younger viewers, even with humor.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykt618 April 6, 2011

good! there are only a few episodes with alchohol

great! one of my favorite shows to watch with my family!
Kid, 8 years old October 17, 2010

AWESOME!!!!

I love how just... awesomee he is! I think his show is funny and cute.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byTrebuchet October 22, 2009

My family watches this show together

I watch this with my daughter. I only know how to cook because of Alton Brown, so it is nice that my 5-year-old can join me in watching it. In fact, I let her start watching when she was 3. Certainly there is reference to alcohol, in recipes, and occasionally in actual mixology. However, this doesn't bother my family, since we just explain that alcohol is for adults only. For recipes that include it, it leads to a great discussion of volatile chemicals. AB is an imaginative, funny, and inventive teacher, passionate about what he does, and he doesn't fear math, chemistry, engineering, nutrition, or history. Or beets. Kids can understand some of it, and my daughter knows what an emulsifier is, what happens when you whip cream, and how a lever works, from watching that show. So unless your family is stricter than mine about alcohol, or doesn't care for occasional dark humor (like the Sweeney Todd Halloween episode, which was so funny I couldn't breathe), I don't see too many potential problems.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybookworm12345511 October 7, 2009

funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this show is funny every time i watch it i lol at least once i love food network but mostly the compitions except for this i love alton brown its funny educatinal and very good
Educator and Parent of a 7 year old Written bygrrlymama March 6, 2009

Not just a cooking show- fun and educational!

I watch this show with my son, who just turned seven this month. He's been able to understand everything going on since six, but he's gifted in math and science so I don't know if most other children will get it that young. Alton Brown's perfect balance of common-sense cooking, easily understandable explanations behind the science therein and a healthy measure of humor make this one of our favorite shows. My boy loves the show (and learns all kinds of nifty bits of science from it) and can't wait to meet Alton at a Green Film Fest in DC this month.

Wow! Can You say awesome!

This show is soooooooo funny. And educational. the host Alton Brown is teaching things to kids.If anyone thinks cooking shows are boring or not cool you havn't watched Good eats!