All parent member reviews for Good Luck Charlie

Parent Written byfridanka November 27, 2013

...

I really love this show, but there is one character that drives me nuts. I can absolute NOT stand the pushy, stupid spot stealing mother! She does not care if she steals her little kids thunder as long as she is on tv! And she expects everything to be forgiven because she is "extremely" talented and is in titled to be on tv or something!
Parent Written bybusymomma3 November 23, 2013

NOT as wholesome as I thought...

My daughter is 8 and growing out of the typical cartoon-type shows (ie: Doc McStuffins), I decided to give this show a try. I had heard it is pretty mild and there isn't foul language, sex, drugs, etc. My daughter of course liked it because it was actual people acting instead of cartoons. I on the other hand, not so much. Just because there is no foul language or violence in this show, does not make it appropriate or good programming for that matter. The children in the show are rude to their parents - constantly talking back and making fun of them. They also lie to their parents in every, single episode. The parents also bad mouth each other to their children, and talk badly about neighbors, teachers, friends, family, etc. I allowed my daughter to watch it on a trial basis, but stopped it after a few weeks because she began being sassy and talking back to myself and her father. I guess compared to other shows out there this one may be mild, but that isn't saying much.
Parent Written byleekp October 12, 2013
LEARNING

This show improved as the seasons went on - it's not great, but, by season 3, it's okay. Even good (at times).

I began this series from the beginning, and really hated it for my 9 year old. It has, however, improved with age. The more recent seasons are much better than season 1 and 2. The early seasons focused on Teddy (the teenage girl character) as snarky and boy-crazed; as the series grew, Teddy became more intelligent and well-rounded. For me, the show went from one that was really sexist and offensive to one that is enjoyable (if silly). For this reason, I find it hard to review the full series - I truly feel like the early shows are awful and even offensive but, for the most part, I think the newer shows are just fine. I'm editing my original review and updating my original rating - this show has grown into one that provides a relatively harmless 1/2 hour of silly watching for families who are viewing together.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written bymsmommypants September 27, 2013

Definitely a family favorite

My kids watch those Disney sitcoms and most, I completely ignore but this one is actually hysterical enough that my husband and I watch it and laugh too. Well written and acted and the main character, Teddy, is depicted as an intelligent young woman and not a boy-crazed teenaged barbie doll, as found in many "tween" shows. The relationship between kids and parents is funny and realistic without crossing the line into treating the parents as idiots or the kids being disrespectful.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy July 8, 2013

Awesome.

I love Good Luck Charlie. It is fun for the whole family. I always laugh when I watch this masterpiece. The characters are very likeable as well. The funniest scene was in one episode. It was the one where two women are stuck in an elevator. That was so funny. This, Gravity Falls, and Phineas & Ferb are Disney's saviors.
Parent Written bymovielover85 July 5, 2013

cute diseny show.

cute diseny show. i see nothing wrong with this show . its great for the whole family to watch on Diseny.
Parent of an infant, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 11 year old Written byResponsibleParentOf9 December 30, 2012

Why did you not stick with Doc McStuffins, Disney?

This show promotes swearing to children, unfairly stereotypes Africans as jerks and is not educational. Why, Disney, why?
Adult Written byMary1216 September 18, 2012

Awesome!

This is a great show for the whole family. With a perfect cast, witty writing and a great concept, this is a sure hit for Disney.
Parent of a 2, 8, and 12 year old Written bycremepie998 September 2, 2012

Great for All Ages! I like it!

This is a funny, clean show. The mom is hilarious, the dad is really funny also and they are not totally irresponsible like the parents in SOME TV shows. P.J., who is 18, is a little girl obsessed but he never says anything inappropriate or harmful towards girls or anyone. He is actually a very nice boy if you think about it. Teddy is a good role model, as she gets good grades and works hard. (For example, she gets a job and earns money to get a car instead of begging her parents like a brat.) She has a boyfriend, Spencer, and they kiss in a few episodes but it's nothing bad and she's 16, there is nothing wrong with having a boyfriend and giving him quick kisses at that age. Gabe is 13 and he is FUNNY!!! His tricks on his neighbor, Mrs. Dabney, is in several episodes and it is funny too. Charlie is smart and adorable. Thumbs-up!
Adult Written bycupcakediva July 31, 2012

Good luck Charlie

This show is great, I just love it. It's for mature little kids, actually I agree with that part because they're can be some sexual jokes. But it's okay, just make sure your kids are older or mature enough not to point anything out about that. These series show how people can deal with family crisis and lots of chaos and how the whole family pitches in to solve their problems. This is a very interesting series.
Adult Written byTropicalhurricane July 27, 2012

Best!

Good luck Charlie is a great show. It has a lot of comedy. I would suggest give this show a chance. It is one of the best shows Disney has ever came up with.
Parent Written byCandygirlz123 April 28, 2012

Good show

I think it's a good show. About the sexual business, little kids won't understand that. It can really relate to alot of families. About what 4goodreasons said, teddy talks about boys because she wants charlie to see it when she's a teen or something and teens are into boys. She's helping her on how to live a good typical teenager life.
Parent Written byrexkathy March 24, 2012

refers to sex

I am a parent to a 7 year old and one day my kid was sitting on the couch watching this show so I sat next to and whatched and on the show the oldest sister teddy was baby sitting and the parents came home and were having a good time and were laughing and ran upstairs while teddy said "don't have to much fun we all ready have enough kids" and my daughter asks me what that meant which caused a lot of stir up
Adult Written bydcchunks February 27, 2012

funny

i like it at first i didnt really take to it but after it was funny ad cool i like to see amy lol she crazy and funny lol
Parent Written byClamshot February 26, 2012

Good show! Good show!

It is very funny, it entertains my child very much.
Parent Written byprobe February 16, 2012

Not really redeemable as a show.

The values presented are kind of hateful. "Different is wrong." Is one message it presents as Teddy dumps a guy she like because he role played with his friends and that was too geeky. She liked him before she found out. "Running back to a boyfriend who lies and cheats on you is the right thing to do." is another. Teddy is back with Spencer.
Parent Written byladyjaye42 December 26, 2011

Good role models, good family support

Good Luck, Charlie is one of the few Disney shows these days that I have no problem with my daughters watching. I think the thing that I like the most is that the kids have parents who are very involved in their lives and they are hard working adults. It drives me crazy on shows where money is "just there" or kids are disgustingly rich. The siblings have conflicts, but they generally interact well with each other and help each other out in the end of things. The importance of family is stressed in the show quite a bit.
Adult Written bychicubsown2 October 11, 2011

Clean Family Fun!

This show is pretty good clean humor. Sometimes there are questionable comments but they are subtle and not easily noticeable to younger viewers. I feel this show takes a break from the terrible shows on Disney like Wizards of Waverly Place which is just a bunch of terrible acting bad sound effects and not funny humor. I don't remember the last time I said anything good about Disney, I generally prefer the Nick shows such as iCarly and Victorious. One thing I like better about this show over the Nick shows is the presence of non-creepy adults, weird but not creepy. For example in iCarly all the kids hang out with Carly's 30 year old brother and he hangs out with them. In Victorious they hang out with the "Hippy" teacher in which they go on vacation with him. Overall Good luck Charlie is a good clean family show for just about all ages.
Adult Written byTerrie September 3, 2011

Fun show for kids AND Mom!

I'm the mother of a 12 yr old girl and 13 yr old boy, who constantly watch this show. This is the ONLY kid show that I truly enjoy and even look forward to. It's very funny and has a positive message at the end of every show. Enjoy!
Parent of a 11 year old Written byfroggey206 August 24, 2011

Good Role Models

this is a good show for children of all ages to watch with postive messages and good role models