All parent member reviews for Good Luck Charlie

Parent of a 11 year old Written byfroggey206 August 24, 2011

Good Role Models

this is a good show for children of all ages to watch with postive messages and good role models
Educator and Parent Written byumbrelllainternet July 18, 2011

dont listen to other reviews it is the best!

it the best no matter what!!!
Parent of a 3 and 9 year old Written byThe kitchen queen June 14, 2010
Its a good show with a cute lil baby that is called charlotte aka charlie aka Mia Talerico btw my daughters name is mia any way its a good show
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written byMinas-Keddy and... May 21, 2010

Why No Cursing, it could be a bad word

Language: Why they don't cuss while they said "B-U-T-T" and why it is not, i think maybe.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bySharron N. March 1, 2017

It's funny, but it promotes bullying

I really like watching this show, because I think it's funny and interesting. What I hate about it is the fact that the family members don't treat other people very good. The whole family seem to act as if they know they are better looking, smarter and all around more interesting than anyone else. They don't seem to appreciate other people's differences, rather they put people down and judge them. Take the episode where the mom has a "play date" for her son Gabe for example. The boy she has come over, is respectful and well behaved. Gabe automatically starts being rude to the kid and obviously judging him as not being cool. The mom hears this, and without even saying," be nice." Says, " ok have fun!" And goes on her way. That's just one example. But if you watch it, you will see . Teddy throwing food in her "friends" face (embarrassing her in the cafeteria) because she was going to ask out a guy Teddy liked. Then Teddy's best friend, goes up to the girl and pretends to be friendly and help her go wash her face so Teddy can make her move. It shows young girls that being catty and fake is fine and helps you get your way, without considering the other girls feelings what so ever. Though it may show love and empathy within the family, there is definitely not much love or empathy shown towards anyone outside of the family. I can't deny enjoying the show myself, but I think it's definitely a show for older audiences, not young impressionable kids.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byMelanie J January 1, 2017

Minor Issues But Good Overall

I am surprised by all the bad reviews here. I agree that many kids' shows have too much snarkiness and meanness (there are several, like Bunk'd, that my kids are not allowed to watch for this reason). This show does have some teasing & sharp humor that I could do without, but it's not extensive and overall the messages are good and positive. As to the 'boy-crazy' comments, I disagree that this is a problem. There are several storylines that deal with the older daughter's dating, but I feel like they address it in a good way. She is a very 'real' and fully-formed character and the love interests treat her well, etc. Dating and crushes are a big issue for kids/pre-teens so I'm okay with them seeing healthy dating story lines. (notably, though, not many of the storylines deal with the older sons' dating life; it would be nice to have this theme more evenly distributed among the genders). Lastly, there are very few popular comedies that I think are funny, but I think the show is pretty funny & have watched quite a few episodes with my kids.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byHabpubayh March 4, 2016
Parent of a 11, 13, 16, and 18+ year old Written bycome to pa pa August 5, 2015

the only good show on disney ever

i taught it sucked i watched good only funny show on disney after they cancled i dont watch disney live action any more but i watch episodes online and on demand
Parent Written byrhiannap August 6, 2014

great for preschoolers toddlers and babies!

Good Luck Charlie is an Great American sitcom for preschoolers and toddlers and babies. Ages 9m-4
Parent of a 8 year old Written bytcmiller94 July 20, 2014

Boy Crazy Sister with a Brother Not Far Behind and a Dad Portrayed as Stupo

The boy crazy older sister has already been discussed by others. Other than the new baby sister, it is the major theme of her life and one of the themes of the show itself. And you can be sure that the older brother isn't far behind as far as this theme is concerned. Something else that bothers me, which hasn't been discussed, is the way that the father is portrayed and treated in the show. It is a throwback to the 90's when it was popular to portray men as insensitive idiots, capable of nothing more than going to work and hanging out in the garage. Not only does it suggest that talking down to men is acceptable (and, indeed, necessary) but also that nothing more can or should be expected from them. What kind of message is that for our sons and daughters? "Hey girls, lower your expectations, this is just how men are." And "hey boys, this is the standard." And of course we as parents have to be teaching our kids values, but they also learn values from the stuff that WE allow them to watch and listen to. This show has the potential to be a great show with a great message; a family requires everybody's participation and each member of the family is responsible to play their part. But it chooses to draw watchers away from this message by promoting stereotypes of dads and teens that just aren't helpful, particularly for tweens and under.
Parent Written byfridanka November 27, 2013

...

I really love this show, but there is one character that drives me nuts. I can absolute NOT stand the pushy, stupid spot stealing mother! She does not care if she steals her little kids thunder as long as she is on tv! And she expects everything to be forgiven because she is "extremely" talented and is in titled to be on tv or something!
Parent Written bybusymomma3 November 23, 2013

NOT as wholesome as I thought...

My daughter is 8 and growing out of the typical cartoon-type shows (ie: Doc McStuffins), I decided to give this show a try. I had heard it is pretty mild and there isn't foul language, sex, drugs, etc. My daughter of course liked it because it was actual people acting instead of cartoons. I on the other hand, not so much. Just because there is no foul language or violence in this show, does not make it appropriate or good programming for that matter. The children in the show are rude to their parents - constantly talking back and making fun of them. They also lie to their parents in every, single episode. The parents also bad mouth each other to their children, and talk badly about neighbors, teachers, friends, family, etc. I allowed my daughter to watch it on a trial basis, but stopped it after a few weeks because she began being sassy and talking back to myself and her father. I guess compared to other shows out there this one may be mild, but that isn't saying much.
Parent Written byleekp October 12, 2013

This show improved as the seasons went on - it's not great, but, by season 3, it's okay. Even good (at times).

I began this series from the beginning, and really hated it for my 9 year old. It has, however, improved with age. The more recent seasons are much better than season 1 and 2. The early seasons focused on Teddy (the teenage girl character) as snarky and boy-crazed; as the series grew, Teddy became more intelligent and well-rounded. For me, the show went from one that was really sexist and offensive to one that is enjoyable (if silly). For this reason, I find it hard to review the full series - I truly feel like the early shows are awful and even offensive but, for the most part, I think the newer shows are just fine. I'm editing my original review and updating my original rating - this show has grown into one that provides a relatively harmless 1/2 hour of silly watching for families who are viewing together.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written bymsmommypants September 27, 2013

Definitely a family favorite

My kids watch those Disney sitcoms and most, I completely ignore but this one is actually hysterical enough that my husband and I watch it and laugh too. Well written and acted and the main character, Teddy, is depicted as an intelligent young woman and not a boy-crazed teenaged barbie doll, as found in many "tween" shows. The relationship between kids and parents is funny and realistic without crossing the line into treating the parents as idiots or the kids being disrespectful.
Parent Written bymovielover85 July 5, 2013

cute diseny show.

cute diseny show. i see nothing wrong with this show . its great for the whole family to watch on Diseny.
Parent of an infant, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 11 year old Written byResponsibleParentOf9 December 30, 2012

Why did you not stick with Doc McStuffins, Disney?

This show promotes swearing to children, unfairly stereotypes Africans as jerks and is not educational. Why, Disney, why?
Adult Written byMary1216 September 18, 2012

Awesome!

This is a great show for the whole family. With a perfect cast, witty writing and a great concept, this is a sure hit for Disney.
Adult Written byTropicalhurricane July 27, 2012

Best!

Good luck Charlie is a great show. It has a lot of comedy. I would suggest give this show a chance. It is one of the best shows Disney has ever came up with.
Parent Written byCandygirlz123 April 28, 2012

Good show

I think it's a good show. About the sexual business, little kids won't understand that. It can really relate to alot of families. About what 4goodreasons said, teddy talks about boys because she wants charlie to see it when she's a teen or something and teens are into boys. She's helping her on how to live a good typical teenager life.
Parent Written byrexkathy March 24, 2012

refers to sex

I am a parent to a 7 year old and one day my kid was sitting on the couch watching this show so I sat next to and whatched and on the show the oldest sister teddy was baby sitting and the parents came home and were having a good time and were laughing and ran upstairs while teddy said "don't have to much fun we all ready have enough kids" and my daughter asks me what that meant which caused a lot of stir up