All parent member reviews for Good Luck Charlie

Parent of a 2, 7, 10, and 12 year old Written by4GoodReasons May 27, 2010

My daughter doesn't need a boy crazy teenager as her role model.

Really! I am SHOCKED that this show is rated for 7+ and I implore the original reviewers to watch again. While this could be a GREAT show, I am so frustrated by the messages being sent by the oldest sister. EVERYTHING with her is about boys, getting her first kiss, hot guys, going to parties. There's even scenes where she flat out lies or deceives her parents. This show was on our favorites list, until I paid closer attention. Pay attention parents - this show does NOT give the messages you way your tween to hear.
Parent of a 2, 4, and 14 year old Written bycydsmom April 20, 2010

Great for everybody.

My 4 year old loves this show. He has both a teenage sister and a baby sister who is 18 mos. He can definitely relate to the family dynamic on the show and is already accustomed to finding the humor and cuteness that comes with a baby in the family. He watches and the show seems to remind him of funny incidents with his sisters. Our baby likes to see the baby on the show and my teen watches it too. Even my husband laughs. This means no arguing (however briefly) over what is on the TV.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byCherylG41 February 13, 2011

I love, love, love this show! So nice to see a traditional family show where the parents are present and don't look like total buffoons - they seem like they could be real people. So many kids' shows now have smart-talking kids and either no parents present, or "fun party parents" who only show up to have a good time with the kids and are totally irresponsible - i.e., Shake It Up and iCarly. You've got to love the entire premise of the show - and older teen sister making a video of family life for her baby sister to see when she's older. While the family members can be a bit sarcastic at times, it's obvious that they love and respect each other. At first I was a bit stumped when I saw comments about the "language" used, that it was a bit sexually suggestive, because I've never noticed this and thought maybe it really went over my head - unlikely. Then I saw examples of what reviewers were referring to......nothing at all outrageous, but very innocent innuendo between parents or older teenagers, which is typical of the way real families talk. All of the language is very innocuous, and if kids can understand what they're referring to, then they've already learned it elsewhere. How would a young child know that "playing checkers" was referring to sex if they hadn't already learned about sex? This is nothing compared to Miranda Cosgrove referring to her brothers as "boobs" in Drake and Josh, or the many references to "weiners" in that show. This is not even close to that mess!
Parent of a 7, 7, 8, 11, and 14 year old Written byChrist-Lover April 24, 2011

Appropiate for all ages.

There is nothing bad in this show, in fact it's pretty innocent. But I can't find any of the jokes funny. I have seen character like PJ, Gabe, and Amy (the mother) everywhere. Same with that one character, Joe, that shows in several episodes. Ooh an evil little girl! Where have I seen THAT before?
Parent of a 10 year old Written bymollsta1234 May 12, 2010

no one show!

I hate it! :[ it stinks and ir's brain washing! it put me to sleep with its bad jokes and dumb topics!!!!there is also some flirting and kissing thats not for young kids! dont watch it!
Parent of a 2, 5, and 7 year old Written bycfiddes April 20, 2010

Seems harmless. Kids seem balanced, not bratty.

Seemed harmless. Kids don't seem to have the same attitude I dislike in Zack and Cody, Hannah Montana & I-Carly. I will watch another episode or two before i give it the full okay for my 6 & 8 yr olds.
Parent of a 1 and 8 year old Written byMama2boys April 21, 2010

Cute and mildly entertaining safe family sitcom

This latest offering from Disney is a cute family sitcom that shows a family dealing humorously with change and working together. It is safe entertainment; nothing worrisome so far. I did find it mildly boring, but prefer to a lot of other options out there. My almost 9-year-old son thinks it is funny at times, but doesn’t go out of his way to see it.
Adult Written bymcrnn July 29, 2010

Horrible Role Models

I read the reviews while looking for a sitcom that would be age appropriate for my 7-year old son. I was very negatively surprised! The episode we watched involved the oldest son who was delivering chicken and had to take the baby with him, into tricking customers that his mom was in the hospital (not as an employee but as a patient) and getting more money in the form of tips out of these customers. At the end one of the customers even comes to the family's home to deliver a casserole and the mother continues the "game" by accepting the casserole since it looked good and could be the dinner for that night. Before I could say anything my 7-year old said the show was bad because "everyone was lying".
Parent Written byMarvinM August 8, 2011

Very funny but not good role models for children

The only thing I don't like about this show is the "kids are always smarter than their parents" message. The parents are frequently the butt of the jokes and 2 of the kids are usually able to pull one over on them. It's taught our kids to be mouthy and disrespectful.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byUSMEagles June 3, 2010

Fine to watch with your 6 year olds and older

I think this show is fine. I like that it is a "normal" family unlike some of the other Disney shows where parents are usually non existent. I have read some reviews below concerning the 17 year old flirting with boys. Well I think parents have forgotten that is what teenagers do is start to date and like the opposite sex in high school. Now having sex and participating in inappropriate behavior is different but liking and flirting with boys is what 16 year olds and older girls do. That is NORMAL!!! My mother who is now 60 liked boys and had a boyfriend in high school in the 1950's. I think parents take this a little far when they think it is not appropriate for teenagers not to like and flirt with the opposite sex. Teaching them morals and what is appropriate behavior with the opposite sex is what is important because they are going to have that natural attraction. God made us that way.
Parent of a 2, 4, and 10 year old Written byJetmom June 10, 2011

Dishonesty is the theme.

My 10 yr old adores this show. But every time I watch it, the characters are being dishonest. Even the parents lie to each other and their kids. The characters often pretend to be someone they are not. I just worry what this is teaching my kids. Of course, at the end they say, "you're grounded" but the punishment is never part of the show. I realize this is a sitcom but it seems a little too much for me.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bykee10 August 14, 2010

terrible show for kids of any age

Most episodes show the kids lying with no consequence and they are very disrespectful to their parents as well as other adults. The parents set terrible example to the kids. They all use eachother and other people for selfish purposes. This is the worst disney show by far, and I don't allow any of my children to watch it.
Parent of a 6 and 10 year old Written byTheReviewMom April 8, 2012

Ok for tweens

My ten year old loves this show! I watched it with her once, and found myself cracking up! I'm not so pleased about the dating, flirting, etc. but still, I like this show MUCH better than most of Disney's unrealistic comedies.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byTechart December 7, 2010

Just right for happy people who like good clean fun.

It's good clean fun. The family relationships are realistic and respectful. Fresh new way of looking at family life with humor and taste. Does not follow any old formulas. Acting is excellent, the ensemble chemistry is very pleasing. Not recommended for the jaded and angry viewer however.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byhas62372 November 4, 2011

Disappointed by Disney

I think that this show is terrible, especially coming from Disney. The parents act like idiots and they let their kids make fools of them. The kids are rude and obnoxious and use language more than just "butt." My kids that are 8 and 10 are NOT allowed to watch this show at all.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byhomemomof4 June 28, 2010

Great, amusing entertainment for the whole family

We have four children, ages 3 to 9. We really enjoy this sitcom. It is innocent, and silly, yet still entertaining enough that adults will enjoy it as well. The characters are fresh and funny and the messages are light enough for the whole family to view. Thank you Disney.
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byBBW January 14, 2012

A topic for discussion

We like it, however, sometimes the kids lie to the parents in a joking or lighthearted way but the message may be that deceit is ok or funny. This is a good topic to discuss with the family.
Parent of a 1, 4, and 9 year old Written byAG Fan Parent January 18, 2012

Rather Unrealistic

This show isn't inappropriate. Actually, it's probably the most appropriate Disney show yet. Unfortunately, it's a terrible show. When this show first aired, it was seemingly like modern family life. However, now it is very unrealistic. Teddy was originally a funny, normal girl. Now she is increasingly weird, and none of the jokes on the show are funny at all. I am writing this as a 35-year-old mom, but really, my kids don't like it either. My 9-year-old's friends do seem to watch it a lot, but my daughter doesn't have much interest in it. In her opinion, it's just too boring to bother watching. Watch Shake it Up, or any of the other Disney shows. They're all cute and clean, and even I enjoy some of them.
Parent of a 6 and 7 year old Written byMeme16 July 18, 2010

Perfect for young teens.

I agree with USMEagles that teenagers are into flirting etc... although, that behavior is not appropriate for 6 year olds.
Parent Written byI Love Hippos September 24, 2012

Boo Disney

Why is it funny for a mother to take her high school girls volleyball team out for an evening of toilet papering in order to 'humiliate their coach??? Really? And, they run from the police, and then in passing mention community service. Does anyone know why you get community service? Because you commit a crime. It is not funny. I am disapointed this show continues to laugh at cheating and lying. Boo Disney.