All member reviews for Good Luck Charlie

Educator and Parent Written byeducatork6 December 29, 2012

Great for everyone in the family!

This show is one of Disney's best and I hope they continue to make shows in the year 2013. The show is so much like real families. Everyone from mom, dad, brother, and sister will be able to relate to the characters. I have watched almost every show and I have no concerns about children watching it (and I am very conservative with TV nowadays).
Kid, 12 years old October 7, 2012

Great show, don't be fooled by 'inappropriate' jokes

This show is great. Other people have mentioned that there are sexual references, or kissing and flirting, but parents FYI: By the time your kid enters 5th grade they will know that babies don't come with storks. Good Luck Charlie is a fun family show, and has jokes that will appeal to everyone. Watch the show, find out for yourself if you like it or not. But when the kids do something bad, they are always punished. And if your kids ask you what that sex related joke is, then why not tell them the truth? I hope my review helped
Parent Written byTorry April 22, 2012

Great Show!

Finally something clean that parents can watch with their children without being annoyed. This is a fantastic show, and unlike a lot of other Disney shows, the dialog lacks korny puns and is actually very funny.
Educator and Parent Written bymrandrelicious April 5, 2012

Enjoy it

This is the best familiar program I have ever met on Tv. Watch it and enjoy yourselves.
Parent Written byPax Vobiscum December 28, 2011

Be sure to watch.

It's a great show for kids and parents. It's light and it's fun. The cast is great - each actor in his/her own way. The only problem I can see with it is there aren't enough episodes! --- On the serious side, I regard myself as a relatively sensitive security guard, and I don't want kids, especially those under age 18, to be pushed into having to deal with sex, violence or drug abuse (adult situations / adult problems) while watching a show like "Good Luck Charlie". That said, I'm ok with a special episode every now and again designed to teach kids an important life lesson. As well, I'm not opposed to a light-hearted statement or light joke that plays on the idea that mom and dad are mom and dad for the fundamental reason - without getting into heavy details or bringing up notions that lead to discomfort. Good judgement has to be applied with a conservative approach. I've never seen an episode of "Charlie" that breaks my rules, even though I will say I've been moved to contemplation (nothing wrong with that) with respect to the likes of examples given by musicprincess101. Still, the bottom line is I've never seen or heard anything that's been upsetting and we've always enjoyed the show very much.
Educator and Parent Written byumbrelllainternet July 18, 2011

dont listen to other reviews it is the best!

it the best no matter what!!!
Parent of a 3 year old Written byxxmorganxx July 1, 2010

great

I personaly think this is a very cute disney show. This is a good show for the whole family. My daughter loves this show and it is one of the few i can stand. Nothing bad to say about this shows. There is kissin and a few words like "Butt, hot" and some adult humo. "Have fun...but not too much fun, we have enough kids." Stuff like this is OK in my opinion because its comidy for parents and in terms that little kids don't understand, this is exactly what family shows are ment to do.
Parent of a 3 and 9 year old Written byThe kitchen queen June 14, 2010

Its a good show with a cute lil baby that is called charlotte aka charlie aka Mia Talerico btw my daughters name is mia any way its a good show
Kid, 9 years old June 6, 2010

Good Luck Charlie=A++++

Well,the good roll model (Teddy) shows positive energy with her family.The violence isn't too scary because Teddy just throws some pizza at someone.Well why I put Sexy stuff is because they sometimes kiss and Emmet tries to put moves on Teddy. "Teddy Bear" is her nickname and he tries to talk with Spencer (Teddy"s crush) about liking and disliking Teddy.The positive message would definitely be caring for others and to do good things so they will come back to you.
Parent of a 5 and 11 year old Written bylaughylots May 29, 2010

GOOD LUCK CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=)

this show is really good. with this show my kids can learn the challenges of having a family also the love a child needs.
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written byMinas-Keddy and... May 21, 2010

Why No Cursing, it could be a bad word

Language: Why they don't cuss while they said "B-U-T-T" and why it is not, i think maybe.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCallie00 March 13, 2015

A Great Family Sitcom! (MAY CONTAIN SPOILER ALERT!)

For a Disney Channel show, GLC is a great sitcom for all ages to enjoy - yes, even ADULTS. It's not annoying like the rest of the DC shows, which is awesome. GLC basically summarizes: the Duncan family, parents Bob and Amy and their four children (later five) named P.J., Teddy, Gabe, Charlie, and eventually Toby, who manages to survive through their crazy but enjoyable and laughable life. Each and every character is realistic and relatable and well-written. Bob is an exterminator, a lovable goofball, is overweight (and constantly made fun of for his weight especially by Gabe), loves junk food, and slightly lazy but works hard to support his family. Amy is, IMO, the most hilarious character on GLC. She's also the craziest. She's very proud and happy being a mother of a large family (and seems to want more kids). Though, she can be a bit self-centered, which is played in a humorous way. She often likes to tell stories about her college years, embarrasses her kids (especially Teddy) and even her husband, and loves being in the spotlight (maybe a bit too much). She does genuinely care about her kids and husband, however. She's always there to give out advice (not always the best advice, though) and comfort them. P.J. is the oldest child but the most irresponsible and "dumbest". He seems to lack common sense, is very childish, but also very lovable and sweet and concerned about others. He's a "musician" (a very bad one at that, though it's supposed to be for laughs) and totally girl-crazy. He is very talented in one area: cooking. In fact, later, he decides to become a cook. Teddy is the oldest daughter who comes across as mature and responsible for her age (of course, she does mess up sometimes), funny and charming, popular at school, smart, and a great sister, especially to Charlie (in fact, she makes video diaries for her!). She's mostly a "goody-goody", though she does lies and rebels in order to get her way. She always learns a lesson from her parents, though. She is very much like her mother, always loving attention, though not as crazy. She takes an interest in acting, singing, and journalism. She is also boy-crazy. She gets into quite a few relationships with boys, but she has one serious and off-and-on relationship with Spencer Walsh. Gabe is the middle child and goes through an awkward preteen and teen phase. He's very clever, witty, and mischievous. He's known as a troublemaker and is proud of it (however, his mischief always fails at the end, and somebody - usually Amy or Bob - teaches him a lesson). He is not fond of Charlie, for he was the youngest for ten years of his life and she was an unexpected surprise. Though, he does sometime share genuine love and care to her. I feel, though, that by the third and fourth season, he became boring and flat and meaningless. For the first two seasons, though, he was fabulous. Charlie was originally an adorable and sweet but sometimes mischievous in her own way baby and toddler. She eventually becomes a preschooler, but remains a cutie pie. :) When Toby (the 5th child) was born, she didn't become fond of him at ALL. (Fun fact: she and Toby shares the same birthday!) Toby is the youngest and last child of the Duncan family. I don't really like him, though. He wasn't cute and funny and sweet as Charlie. To me, he was more of a "prop" if you know what I mean. So, GLC was amazing. Well, for the first 2 seasons. The last 2 went downhill. Yeah, it was sad that GLC had to end, but it's probably best for them to end anyway, for it wasn't a very good show by then.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySleepyZZ March 12, 2015

Great

Good Charlie is a great TV show for kids I think That this has great role models like when Teddy does her video diary once a day and it is almost always true I think there's lots of humor in this and it reminds me of my family. With a crazy mom that always wants to be in TV
Teen, 17 years old Written byDisneyAndNickReviews February 14, 2015

Not very original

It's OK, I mean Good Luck Charlie is appropriate but they have too many stories I've already heard. Teddy smiles way too much in the first few seasons and in some of the pictures. I'm not saying smiling is a bad thing, but when Bridgit Mendler is just not cut-out for the role, it's a little annoying. There are also some moments that gross me out, too, like a fishing hook stuck in someone's lip and it being pulled ON SCREEN and Charlie vomiting in the first episode, and I also don't like the scene in the dentist episode where Gabe is covered in baby food because Charlie won't eat. I gave it 3 stars because the only season I have no problem with watching is Season 4.
Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2014

GOOD LUCK CHARLIE

IN THIS SHOW THERE IS LOTS OF FUNNY JOKES. SOME PARTS ARE SORT OF WEIRD. THE KIDS LIE TO THE PARENT ABOUT THINGS LIKE SCHOOL, PARTIES. SOME GOOD ROLE MODELS AND MESSAGES.
Kid, 11 years old October 30, 2014

A great show for kids and parents alike.

A show that everyone in the family will enjoy.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycyberboy5red October 11, 2014

a little much if you ask me...

I don't mind it that much. It seems appropriate enough, but I don't like the pilot or the dentist episode AT ALL. That and it would be a better show if the video diaries weren't the whole concept (makes it too simple) and the "epilogues" had a reality check. The teenage girl is also wwwwwaaaaayyyyy too perky and obsessed with boys (thankfully not me), although fortunately this isn't so extreme in Season 4. The "humor" in the show isn't really that funny either, can be kinda gross at times too which is why I don't like the pilot or dentist episode. All in all, however, it's a good show. Not a great show, but a good show.
Kid, 9 years old August 5, 2014

awesome!

I started watching this hen I was three, and this is good for kids. I think parents should check the parental info before letting a child watch an episode, because if parents are not ok with the use of stupid, dumb, and butt, then there kids can only watch a few episodes. this also contains dating and kissing.so you should talk to kids about that before letting them watch this.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygmwbmw35 June 22, 2014

Cute!

I love Good Luck Charlie. It's funny, and Amy Duncan is the funniest character. It is super funny, and I can tell Girl Meets World will be like this show, but instead of having 5 kids, Cory and Topanga have 2 kids.
Kid, 10 years old May 11, 2014

Before you read this, just know that this is coming from a 10 yr old, and I have some different beliefs about this. Just know this is MY opinion. So the reason I like this show so much is that in the last couple of episodes, they featured a family with two mothers. This is the first time Disney has ever shown a lesbian couple. Kids and adults should know that being lesbian or gay is okay, and that we are all equal. If you a part of making this episode, I would just like you to know that many people are so grateful for it. THANK YOU DISNEY!