All member reviews for Good Luck Charlie

Well-rounded Disney sitcom offers wholesome fun to families.

Kid, 12 years old October 7, 2012

Great show, don't be fooled by 'inappropriate' jokes

This show is great. Other people have mentioned that there are sexual references, or kissing and flirting, but parents FYI: By the time your kid enters 5th grade they will know that babies don't come with storks. Good Luck Charlie is a fun family show, and has jokes that will appeal to everyone. Watch the show, find out for yourself if you like it or not. But when the kids do something bad, they are always punished. And if your kids ask you what that sex related joke is, then why not tell them the truth? I hope my review helped
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byBBW January 14, 2012

A topic for discussion

We like it, however, sometimes the kids lie to the parents in a joking or lighthearted way but the message may be that deceit is ok or funny. This is a good topic to discuss with the family.
Parent Written byPax Vobiscum December 28, 2011

Be sure to watch.

It's a great show for kids and parents. It's light and it's fun. The cast is great - each actor in his/her own way. The only problem I can see with it is there aren't enough episodes! --- On the serious side, I regard myself as a relatively sensitive security guard, and I don't want kids, especially those under age 18, to be pushed into having to deal with sex, violence or drug abuse (adult situations / adult problems) while watching a show like "Good Luck Charlie". That said, I'm ok with a special episode every now and again designed to teach kids an important life lesson. As well, I'm not opposed to a light-hearted statement or light joke that plays on the idea that mom and dad are mom and dad for the fundamental reason - without getting into heavy details or bringing up notions that lead to discomfort. Good judgement has to be applied with a conservative approach. I've never seen an episode of "Charlie" that breaks my rules, even though I will say I've been moved to contemplation (nothing wrong with that) with respect to the likes of examples given by musicprincess101. Still, the bottom line is I've never seen or heard anything that's been upsetting and we've always enjoyed the show very much.
Parent of a 6 and 7 year old Written byMeme16 July 18, 2010

Perfect for young teens.

I agree with USMEagles that teenagers are into flirting etc... although, that behavior is not appropriate for 6 year olds.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byxxmorganxx July 1, 2010

great

I personaly think this is a very cute disney show. This is a good show for the whole family. My daughter loves this show and it is one of the few i can stand. Nothing bad to say about this shows. There is kissin and a few words like "Butt, hot" and some adult humo. "Have fun...but not too much fun, we have enough kids." Stuff like this is OK in my opinion because its comidy for parents and in terms that little kids don't understand, this is exactly what family shows are ment to do.
Kid, 9 years old June 6, 2010

Good Luck Charlie=A++++

Well,the good roll model (Teddy) shows positive energy with her family.The violence isn't too scary because Teddy just throws some pizza at someone.Well why I put Sexy stuff is because they sometimes kiss and Emmet tries to put moves on Teddy. "Teddy Bear" is her nickname and he tries to talk with Spencer (Teddy"s crush) about liking and disliking Teddy.The positive message would definitely be caring for others and to do good things so they will come back to you.
Parent of a 5 and 11 year old Written bylaughylots May 29, 2010

GOOD LUCK CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=)

this show is really good. with this show my kids can learn the challenges of having a family also the love a child needs.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy July 8, 2013

Awesome.

I love Good Luck Charlie. It is fun for the whole family. I always laugh when I watch this masterpiece. The characters are very likeable as well. The funniest scene was in one episode. It was the one where two women are stuck in an elevator. That was so funny. This, Gravity Falls, and Phineas & Ferb are Disney's saviors.
Parent Written byJoey-Hancock July 2, 2013

Good Luck Charlie

It is the best family sitcom currently on T.V. The entire family can watch without any awkward moments. Gabe got some low ratings but his character is more hijinks than his bad boy reviews give him. Gabe does gripe about being a middle child from time to time but There are several episodes where the parents address this issue & reassure the 4 middle children of how special & loved they are. A talented cast & well written, my wife & I never miss an episode and prefer it to any sitcom on network T.V.
Written byAnonymous June 2, 2013

Finally!!

This is the first good disney show. Even my 25 year old cousin watches it!! Not that much sexual talk and it is mild. Great show and great acting.
Kid, 9 years old May 25, 2013

Only show I look forward to

I think it is awesome people who say it stinks have no humor some times I watch it with my kids we ❤ it some times I laugh my head off
Parent Written byalokpathak January 10, 2013

Good Luck Charlie review

Even my daughter was surprised that the rating is 7. This should at least be 16.
Educator and Parent Written byeducatork6 December 29, 2012

Great for everyone in the family!

This show is one of Disney's best and I hope they continue to make shows in the year 2013. The show is so much like real families. Everyone from mom, dad, brother, and sister will be able to relate to the characters. I have watched almost every show and I have no concerns about children watching it (and I am very conservative with TV nowadays).
Parent Written byTorry April 22, 2012

Great Show!

Finally something clean that parents can watch with their children without being annoyed. This is a fantastic show, and unlike a lot of other Disney shows, the dialog lacks korny puns and is actually very funny.
Educator and Parent Written bymrandrelicious April 5, 2012

Enjoy it

This is the best familiar program I have ever met on Tv. Watch it and enjoy yourselves.
Educator Written bycaffinegirl85 February 24, 2012

its an okay show!

i have nothing against this show. sometimes i catch myself watching it when there's nothing else on tv. its an okay show and i ilke Teddy she's cool oh and Pj too . Gabe the little brother is well uh sorta annoying but cute. this is a pretty cute show . i mean its not like the other good shows that diseny once use to have but hey im not complaing!
Educator and Parent Written byumbrelllainternet July 18, 2011

dont listen to other reviews it is the best!

it the best no matter what!!!
Parent of a 3 and 9 year old Written byThe kitchen queen June 14, 2010
Its a good show with a cute lil baby that is called charlotte aka charlie aka Mia Talerico btw my daughters name is mia any way its a good show
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written byMinas-Keddy and... May 21, 2010

Why No Cursing, it could be a bad word

Language: Why they don't cuss while they said "B-U-T-T" and why it is not, i think maybe.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPhilosoraptor July 19, 2016

Great family show, lots of laughs!

Although the siblings are selfish and take advantage of each other, it's funny and they always learn from their mistakes. I would watch this with my mom, and she laughed, and approved of it. Teddy is a great role model and teaches good values at the end of each episode. She's a great big sister, taking time out of her own life teaching Charlie good life lessons in the future, and it would be great if I had an older sister like her. It's a great family friendly show.