All member reviews for Good Luck Charlie

Well-rounded Disney sitcom offers wholesome fun to families.

Kid, 8 years old November 23, 2015

I Love This Show!

It's Awesome! Oh, And , On The Episode "Snow Show", P.J. Wasn't Naked, (My Dad Pointed That Out) He Had Some Shorts On, (The Underwear Kind Of Shorts), He Was Just Embarrassed.
Kid, 11 years old November 6, 2015

Sometimes edgy Disney show is one of the best kids show of all times.

This awesome, groundbreaking Disney series has made history. There is minimal violence, no more then punching, references, pratfalls and injuries by bullies. There is little sexual references, as a Disney show, but it is definitely present. A boy is naked in a scene, but no sensitive parts are shown, kisses, boyfriend talk and flirting. A mischievous boy with malicious motives have a very sarcastical sense of humour, which isn't a very good role model. Stupid, idiot and butt. There are good messages every episode, along with some good role models (some kids do very bad things to achieve small goals, along with some adults).
Teen, 13 years old Written byMinakoHouraisan October 23, 2015

One of the Best Disney Shows!

I really like this show, it's funny and generally well-made too. Some good messages too. Occasionally some rude humour, but not much.
Parent of a 11, 13, 16, and 19 year old Written bycome to pa pa August 5, 2015

the only good show on disney ever

i taught it sucked i watched good only funny show on disney after they cancled i dont watch disney live action any more but i watch episodes online and on demand
Kid, 8 years old July 14, 2015

Hilarious show is very good but somewhat sad.

My rating:TV-G
Teen, 14 years old Written byxgamerbrox June 13, 2015

Good Luck Charlie!

One of the more older kid disney shows, it has a couple of sexual references and mild language... SEX a teenage girl says have fun! but not too much fun we have too many kids, a teenage boy meets two girls and flirts with them, lots of kissing. LANGUAGE lots of shut ups, 5 uses of butt, 6 uses of jerk... VERY mild violence such as slapping, pouring a drink over someones head. If the show was a movie it would be rated PG for mild language, mild sexual references, and some peril. Ok for ages 8+
Teen, 14 years old Written byCallie00 March 13, 2015

A Great Family Sitcom! (MAY CONTAIN SPOILER ALERT!)

For a Disney Channel show, GLC is a great sitcom for all ages to enjoy - yes, even ADULTS. It's not annoying like the rest of the DC shows, which is awesome. GLC basically summarizes: the Duncan family, parents Bob and Amy and their four children (later five) named P.J., Teddy, Gabe, Charlie, and eventually Toby, who manages to survive through their crazy but enjoyable and laughable life. Each and every character is realistic and relatable and well-written. Bob is an exterminator, a lovable goofball, is overweight (and constantly made fun of for his weight especially by Gabe), loves junk food, and slightly lazy but works hard to support his family. Amy is, IMO, the most hilarious character on GLC. She's also the craziest. She's very proud and happy being a mother of a large family (and seems to want more kids). Though, she can be a bit self-centered, which is played in a humorous way. She often likes to tell stories about her college years, embarrasses her kids (especially Teddy) and even her husband, and loves being in the spotlight (maybe a bit too much). She does genuinely care about her kids and husband, however. She's always there to give out advice (not always the best advice, though) and comfort them. P.J. is the oldest child but the most irresponsible and "dumbest". He seems to lack common sense, is very childish, but also very lovable and sweet and concerned about others. He's a "musician" (a very bad one at that, though it's supposed to be for laughs) and totally girl-crazy. He is very talented in one area: cooking. In fact, later, he decides to become a cook. Teddy is the oldest daughter who comes across as mature and responsible for her age (of course, she does mess up sometimes), funny and charming, popular at school, smart, and a great sister, especially to Charlie (in fact, she makes video diaries for her!). She's mostly a "goody-goody", though she does lies and rebels in order to get her way. She always learns a lesson from her parents, though. She is very much like her mother, always loving attention, though not as crazy. She takes an interest in acting, singing, and journalism. She is also boy-crazy. She gets into quite a few relationships with boys, but she has one serious and off-and-on relationship with Spencer Walsh. Gabe is the middle child and goes through an awkward preteen and teen phase. He's very clever, witty, and mischievous. He's known as a troublemaker and is proud of it (however, his mischief always fails at the end, and somebody - usually Amy or Bob - teaches him a lesson). He is not fond of Charlie, for he was the youngest for ten years of his life and she was an unexpected surprise. Though, he does sometime share genuine love and care to her. I feel, though, that by the third and fourth season, he became boring and flat and meaningless. For the first two seasons, though, he was fabulous. Charlie was originally an adorable and sweet but sometimes mischievous in her own way baby and toddler. She eventually becomes a preschooler, but remains a cutie pie. :) When Toby (the 5th child) was born, she didn't become fond of him at ALL. (Fun fact: she and Toby shares the same birthday!) Toby is the youngest and last child of the Duncan family. I don't really like him, though. He wasn't cute and funny and sweet as Charlie. To me, he was more of a "prop" if you know what I mean. So, GLC was amazing. Well, for the first 2 seasons. The last 2 went downhill. Yeah, it was sad that GLC had to end, but it's probably best for them to end anyway, for it wasn't a very good show by then.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySleepyZZ March 12, 2015

Great

Good Charlie is a great TV show for kids I think That this has great role models like when Teddy does her video diary once a day and it is almost always true I think there's lots of humor in this and it reminds me of my family. With a crazy mom that always wants to be in TV
Teen, 17 years old Written byDisneyAndNickReviews February 14, 2015

Not very original

It's OK, I mean Good Luck Charlie is appropriate but they have too many stories I've already heard. Teddy smiles way too much in the first few seasons and in some of the pictures. I'm not saying smiling is a bad thing, but when Bridgit Mendler is just not cut-out for the role, it's a little annoying. There are also some moments that gross me out, too, like a fishing hook stuck in someone's lip and it being pulled ON SCREEN and Charlie vomiting in the first episode, and I also don't like the scene in the dentist episode where Gabe is covered in baby food because Charlie won't eat. I gave it 3 stars because the only season I have no problem with watching is Season 4.
Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2014

GOOD LUCK CHARLIE

IN THIS SHOW THERE IS LOTS OF FUNNY JOKES. SOME PARTS ARE SORT OF WEIRD. THE KIDS LIE TO THE PARENT ABOUT THINGS LIKE SCHOOL, PARTIES. SOME GOOD ROLE MODELS AND MESSAGES.
Kid, 11 years old October 30, 2014

A great show for kids and parents alike.

A show that everyone in the family will enjoy.
Parent Written byrhiannap August 6, 2014

great for preschoolers toddlers and babies!

Good Luck Charlie is an Great American sitcom for preschoolers and toddlers and babies. Ages 9m-4
Kid, 9 years old August 5, 2014

awesome!

I started watching this hen I was three, and this is good for kids. I think parents should check the parental info before letting a child watch an episode, because if parents are not ok with the use of stupid, dumb, and butt, then there kids can only watch a few episodes. this also contains dating and kissing.so you should talk to kids about that before letting them watch this.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bytcmiller94 July 20, 2014

Boy Crazy Sister with a Brother Not Far Behind and a Dad Portrayed as Stupo

The boy crazy older sister has already been discussed by others. Other than the new baby sister, it is the major theme of her life and one of the themes of the show itself. And you can be sure that the older brother isn't far behind as far as this theme is concerned. Something else that bothers me, which hasn't been discussed, is the way that the father is portrayed and treated in the show. It is a throwback to the 90's when it was popular to portray men as insensitive idiots, capable of nothing more than going to work and hanging out in the garage. Not only does it suggest that talking down to men is acceptable (and, indeed, necessary) but also that nothing more can or should be expected from them. What kind of message is that for our sons and daughters? "Hey girls, lower your expectations, this is just how men are." And "hey boys, this is the standard." And of course we as parents have to be teaching our kids values, but they also learn values from the stuff that WE allow them to watch and listen to. This show has the potential to be a great show with a great message; a family requires everybody's participation and each member of the family is responsible to play their part. But it chooses to draw watchers away from this message by promoting stereotypes of dads and teens that just aren't helpful, particularly for tweens and under.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygmwbmw35 June 22, 2014

Cute!

I love Good Luck Charlie. It's funny, and Amy Duncan is the funniest character. It is super funny, and I can tell Girl Meets World will be like this show, but instead of having 5 kids, Cory and Topanga have 2 kids.
Kid, 10 years old May 11, 2014

Before you read this, just know that this is coming from a 10 yr old, and I have some different beliefs about this. Just know this is MY opinion. So the reason I like this show so much is that in the last couple of episodes, they featured a family with two mothers. This is the first time Disney has ever shown a lesbian couple. Kids and adults should know that being lesbian or gay is okay, and that we are all equal. If you a part of making this episode, I would just like you to know that many people are so grateful for it. THANK YOU DISNEY!
Kid, 9 years old April 28, 2014

Good luck charlie is awesome!

Good luck Charlie is funny and is a great family show. Great for kids 6 and up! Really great and very fun to watch.
Kid, 12 years old April 20, 2014
It is good but at times it tries too hard to be funny
Kid, 10 years old April 20, 2014

Good luck charlie

This is awesome! Charlie's so cute, gabe and pj always crack me up, Teddy's responsible but funny and Bob and Amy are so funny too and Toby is so adorable! Except it ended :( overall it's great show!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck April 16, 2014

Funny show.

For the most part this show is funny. (A few parts of the show are just stupid.) Some jokes (and 1 episode in the last season) are iffy.