All member reviews for Good Luck Charlie

Well-rounded Disney sitcom offers wholesome fun to families.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySleepyZZ March 12, 2015

Great

Good Charlie is a great TV show for kids I think That this has great role models like when Teddy does her video diary once a day and it is almost always true I think there's lots of humor in this and it reminds me of my family. With a crazy mom that always wants to be in TV
Teen, 17 years old Written byDisneyAndNickReviews February 14, 2015

Not very original

It's OK, I mean Good Luck Charlie is appropriate but they have too many stories I've already heard. Teddy smiles way too much in the first few seasons and in some of the pictures. I'm not saying smiling is a bad thing, but when Bridgit Mendler is just not cut-out for the role, it's a little annoying. There are also some moments that gross me out, too, like a fishing hook stuck in someone's lip and it being pulled ON SCREEN and Charlie vomiting in the first episode, and I also don't like the scene in the dentist episode where Gabe is covered in baby food because Charlie won't eat. I gave it 3 stars because the only season I have no problem with watching is Season 4.
Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2014

GOOD LUCK CHARLIE

IN THIS SHOW THERE IS LOTS OF FUNNY JOKES. SOME PARTS ARE SORT OF WEIRD. THE KIDS LIE TO THE PARENT ABOUT THINGS LIKE SCHOOL, PARTIES. SOME GOOD ROLE MODELS AND MESSAGES.
Kid, 11 years old October 30, 2014

A great show for kids and parents alike.

A show that everyone in the family will enjoy.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycyberboy5red October 11, 2014

a little much if you ask me...

I don't mind it that much. It seems appropriate enough, but I don't like the pilot or the dentist episode AT ALL. That and it would be a better show if the video diaries weren't the whole concept (makes it too simple) and the "epilogues" had a reality check. The teenage girl is also wwwwwaaaaayyyyy too perky and obsessed with boys (thankfully not me), although fortunately this isn't so extreme in Season 4. The "humor" in the show isn't really that funny either, can be kinda gross at times too which is why I don't like the pilot or dentist episode. All in all, however, it's a good show. Not a great show, but a good show.
Parent Written byrhiannap August 6, 2014

great for preschoolers toddlers and babies!

Good Luck Charlie is an Great American sitcom for preschoolers and toddlers and babies. Ages 9m-4
Kid, 9 years old August 5, 2014

awesome!

I started watching this hen I was three, and this is good for kids. I think parents should check the parental info before letting a child watch an episode, because if parents are not ok with the use of stupid, dumb, and butt, then there kids can only watch a few episodes. this also contains dating and kissing.so you should talk to kids about that before letting them watch this.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bytcmiller94 July 20, 2014

Boy Crazy Sister with a Brother Not Far Behind and a Dad Portrayed as Stupo

The boy crazy older sister has already been discussed by others. Other than the new baby sister, it is the major theme of her life and one of the themes of the show itself. And you can be sure that the older brother isn't far behind as far as this theme is concerned. Something else that bothers me, which hasn't been discussed, is the way that the father is portrayed and treated in the show. It is a throwback to the 90's when it was popular to portray men as insensitive idiots, capable of nothing more than going to work and hanging out in the garage. Not only does it suggest that talking down to men is acceptable (and, indeed, necessary) but also that nothing more can or should be expected from them. What kind of message is that for our sons and daughters? "Hey girls, lower your expectations, this is just how men are." And "hey boys, this is the standard." And of course we as parents have to be teaching our kids values, but they also learn values from the stuff that WE allow them to watch and listen to. This show has the potential to be a great show with a great message; a family requires everybody's participation and each member of the family is responsible to play their part. But it chooses to draw watchers away from this message by promoting stereotypes of dads and teens that just aren't helpful, particularly for tweens and under.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygmwbmw35 June 22, 2014

Cute!

I love Good Luck Charlie. It's funny, and Amy Duncan is the funniest character. It is super funny, and I can tell Girl Meets World will be like this show, but instead of having 5 kids, Cory and Topanga have 2 kids.
Kid, 10 years old May 11, 2014

Before you read this, just know that this is coming from a 10 yr old, and I have some different beliefs about this. Just know this is MY opinion. So the reason I like this show so much is that in the last couple of episodes, they featured a family with two mothers. This is the first time Disney has ever shown a lesbian couple. Kids and adults should know that being lesbian or gay is okay, and that we are all equal. If you a part of making this episode, I would just like you to know that many people are so grateful for it. THANK YOU DISNEY!
Kid, 9 years old April 28, 2014

Good luck charlie is awesome!

Good luck Charlie is funny and is a great family show. Great for kids 6 and up! Really great and very fun to watch.
Kid, 12 years old April 20, 2014

It is good but at times it tries too hard to be funny
Kid, 10 years old April 20, 2014

Good luck charlie

This is awesome! Charlie's so cute, gabe and pj always crack me up, Teddy's responsible but funny and Bob and Amy are so funny too and Toby is so adorable! Except it ended :( overall it's great show!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck April 16, 2014

Funny show.

For the most part this show is funny. (A few parts of the show are just stupid.) Some jokes (and 1 episode in the last season) are iffy.
Kid, 10 years old April 1, 2014

A-Okay

This show was one of my favorites. I cried a little when it ended. I have some things against it, though. First, the male characters are demeaning to boys. The father is scared of his wife. The eldest son has to be told you cannot vote until you are twenty one. Also, the second youngest boy will give some boys the idea it is ideal to torment and prank your neighbors. He is also rude to everybody in sight. There are problems with the female half, too. Amy, the mother of the family, is more than a little crazy. She is addicted to the 'spotlight', and will embarrass one of her children at any given time. The main female, though, is a surprisingly well-rounded individual. She is humorous, self-sufficient, and has an amazing voice. Pair that up with a modest style, and you get Teddy Duncan. All in all, this program is not meant to be educational. It is obviously meant to be a comedy for weeknights when no one will do their homework. Also-in the final episode, a couple of two mothers comes into play.
Kid, 10 years old March 22, 2014

GET READY TO LAUGH!

Good Luck Charlie is a lovely family sitcom that is appropriate for tweens, but is also a show that adults can laugh at, too. Children under the age of 10 may not understand all of the jokes due to the fact that some of the jokes can be a little sexual. These children will probably not understand these sex-related jokes. Else then that, the show is appropriate. Good Luck Charlie shows is one of the only Disney shows that has amazing family lessons, realistic parents, and issues that many tweens and teens go through. The show also has marriage and money conversations that parents will also enjoy. Good Luck Charlie is a wonderful and incredible show!
Teen, 13 years old Written byxojeannexo March 20, 2014

LEARNING

It should be on nick

It is a good show but not for anyone 10 or under . If you children is 9 or under don't let then watch it. All the children expect for Charlie or rude to each other. If gives messages like: Being rude to mother and father Being rude to siblings its ok to pull pranks on elders its ok to lie, kiss, date , cheat on your girlfriend/boyfriend. If you want to watch it , it if fine but not for young ones.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytink_happy6482 March 6, 2014

Keeps The Channel Alive

This show is PERFECT, but this might just be my personal opinion. I remember when the show aired. I was nine at the time, "Suite Life of Zack and Cody" had already ended, and I had grown tired of odd cartoons and the under-cover pop star. Selena Gomez's show, "Wizards of Waverly Place" was the only show I was into. Then this show cam along, and suddenly the Disney channel not only has my full attention, but my (then) seven year old sister as well. To make a long story short, I was very upset when this show came to the end. It was the only good show Disney had left. EDUCATIONAL VALUE: There isn't really much educational things for your child to learn in this show. I personally think they will learn a lot more educational things from "Good Luck Charlie" than watching some bratty teens on a dance show. POSITIVE MESSAGES: There are actually some pretty good morals in this show, especially in the first season, though most of them are over looked by jokes. For example, Teddy has to get a job instead of being given a phone, P.J. drops out of university and goes to a cooking school to fulfill his dreams, and Gabe learns that having younger siblings isn't too bad. These are just the ones that came to mind, but I know there are some other little morals that pop up from time to time. POSITIVE ROLE MODELS: Can I just start off by: OH MY GOSH, all these characters are perfect, but may not be the ideal role models. They are suppose to be a realistic, funny, family. Teddy, the teenage daughter, is a pretty decent role model. Yes, she is a typical teenage girl; she lies to her parents in some episodes and is obsessed with boys. HOWEVER, out of all the kids, Teddy is very intelligent. In several episodes she is seen studying, and there is even one episode just about her freaking about her History final. P.J., the oldest son isn't smart, but has a good heart. Gabe, the middle child, is a prankster and often talks back, but when you have a 11-14 year old boy, just think about it...Charlie isn't a role model, but such a cutie pie. SEXUAL CONTENT: Parents need to know that in the first season the oldest siblings sure in high school (a sophomore and a junior I believe) so, yes, flirting does happen in this show. In the first season, the (then) eleven year old doesn't know what to do about his first crush and is instantly helped by his sister. By season 4, that elven year old boy is almost fifteen so even he has a girl friend. In general flirting isn't to excessive. There are some under cover sexual jokes that even I didn't get until I turned twelve. ACTORS: Yeah, this isn't a category. I just want to inform you all that the kids on the show can genuinely act, unlike those bratty dancers and singers. The actors have undeniable chemistry. I look back how young Charlie was at the start, but now...WOW. She has grown. Over all, this show is great. If you are iffy with your young child hearing some sexual jokes then I recommend this show for nine years olds and up.
Kid, 7 years old February 23, 2014

OMG!!!!!!!!

sooo cool get it parents for ur kids soooooooo cool
Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2014

Disappointed by Disney

I think Disney needed a couple of realistic shows but this one is shocking. The characters have a very bad attitude and I don't think that is right for children.